PDA

View Full Version : Connection Problems

scob01
21-08-2008, 11:31
Hi there, I'm new to the forum but have been reading the threads about Virgin BB and in particular connection issues and wondered if you guys can help?

For the last few weeks I cannot connect to BB, I have a scientific atlanta modem and the cable light just flashes intermittently but does not connect.

I have phoned tech support and the first few times they said they are aware of a fault and it would be fixed. I then checked service status though on the freephone and net (from work) and it is not reporting anything.

The last person I spoke to said that it will only be affecting people who connect through that URL (now I'm not sure what she said due to her accent but having dug around I think she might have said UBR???) She said it could be another week or so before it is fixed?

I just wondered if any of you could shed any light on why it would be off for so long? As surely it can't take three weeks to fix one problem.

Thank you all in advance.

Chris
21-08-2008, 11:36
:welcome: to Cable Forum.

Sadly, sometimes network faults *can* take that long to fix, but you do need to keep on top of this and be sure that really is the issue. Sometimes some CSRs will tell you anything just to get you off the phone. Sad but true.

Keep phoning them each day and asking them what the problem is. Keep a written note of what they tell you and any promises they make. And when the service does eventually come back on, badger them like hell to get a rebate on your bill, because they certainly won't give you one if you don't ask!

scob01
21-08-2008, 11:45
Thank you Chris T for the Welcome and the information.

I'm just tearing my hair out with this, especially as I asked an engineer coming to a neighbours house for a different reason about it and he said he wasn't aware of any problems affecting my postcode.

Do you know how it could affect me (or me and a few other people, I don't know) and not my whole postcode? Sorry I know very little about networks/BB/anything like that, I am ashamed to admit I'm a bit of a plug and play person.

Cheers

allsorts111
21-08-2008, 12:13
It took almost 4 months for my issues to be resolved. At one stage I was asked if I would like Dial up,- and was contemplating it seriously. However, just keep calling- ask for your ticket to be escalated and always check on what is going on.
If you find you are not getting answers press four on the keypad and explain the issue to those people there, they should offer to call through and help you sort it out.
Bring persistent pays off.
Best of luck!

scob01
21-08-2008, 14:46
Thanks Allsorts111 I see you mention a ticket number, from looking at Virgin's website and from various posts on here I can see that ticker numbers usually start with a 7 and are seven digits long. The strange thing is when I asked for a reference number the last time she gave me a number that was 8 digits long and did not start with a 7 (don't have it with me or I would post it) do all VM people call them ticket numbers?

Thanks.