PDA

View Full Version : zshare - download?

tt1
10-08-2008, 01:23
I cant - and I see from web forums googling that other VM users appear to be the same

the Forums conclusion is that its a 'VM blocking tactic'

I am going to reserve any comment....

for abit..

so Anyone confirm the same ???

Sirius
10-08-2008, 02:10
I cant - and I see from web forums googling that other VM users appear to be the same

the Forums conclusion is that its a 'VM blocking tactic'

I am going to reserve any comment....

for abit..

so Anyone confirm the same ???

which forums

tt1
10-08-2008, 02:15
which forums

As I said ...google found it for me...

Are you able to ?

Do you use Zshare?

Sirius
10-08-2008, 02:25
As I said ...google found it for me...

Are you able to ?

Do you use Zshare?

Like this

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=868817

dev
10-08-2008, 02:26
is it me or is it quite pathetic that when a site doesn't work everyone assumes their ISP is either blocking it or it's their fault?

Ed2020
10-08-2008, 02:45
How interesting. The test I've just performed results in exactly the same outcome as you're getting. And then I tried it through TOR and the download worked perfectly.

The only time I use sites like this is to transfer large (and completely legal) files that cannot be sent over email. It's not going to be a major problem for me if this facility is lost, but I can imagine it certainly would be if you had used this site for an online backup.

I've posted a question on VM's support group to get confirmation as to what the problem is. If VM are blocking deliberately it'll be the final straw for me - I'm gone.

Ed.

Horace
10-08-2008, 03:11
It could be down to VM but if they were blocking it directly then I'd of thought the whole domain would be blocked which isn't the case and it's unlike VM to be proactive like this unless it's linked to the IWF. It's more likely that Zshare themselves are blocking huge ranges of VM ip's and some other UK isp's from what Google picks up.

Ed2020
10-08-2008, 04:17
It does seem odd that you can view the pages but not download, but then if Zshare were blocking VM or UK IPs then surely you'd expect the same as if the ISP were blocking - no access to the pages at all.

I shall wait and see what VM's response is.

Ed.

eth01
10-08-2008, 10:23
If that's you which posted on VM newsgroups..... you got your answer. One of your messages was actually removed by VM. Why can't people just play nice.

Subject: VM Blocking Sites.
Newsgroups: virginmedia.support.broadband.cable
User-Agent: Pan/0.132 (Waxed in Black)
(Message-ID: <izrnk.14815$GP7.11192@newsfe23.ams2>)

tt1
10-08-2008, 14:54
Heres the forum I saw earlier..so it may not just be VM as the digispy infers its BT and Sky too. Strange to block zshare though - I wouldnt class it as the biggie in the field. But ISP's have to be careful as presumably Zshare is used for legit and non-legit. But then somewhere in the T&C from your ISP they prob have this sort of thing covered...

http://ipb.quicksilverscreen.com/index.php?showtopic=95622&st=0

darren.b
10-08-2008, 18:10
I blocked ZShare on my own forums as they are discriminating against certain countries, the UK being one of them.

The problem isn't VM blocking them, more ZShare blocking UK IP addresses and preventing the download from starting.

Ed2020
10-08-2008, 18:26
VM Tech have replied saying there is no blocking in place at their end so I have fired off an email to Zshare to get their side.

Having had time to mull it over it just doesn't make sense for VM to block Zshare but not the better known sites. Personally I've never even heard of Zshare before I read this thread. If VM are going after users of these sites then I'd expect to see sites like rapidshare blocked as well.

Ed.

eth01
10-08-2008, 18:37
I blocked ZShare on my own forums as they are discriminating against certain countries, the UK being one of them.

The problem isn't VM blocking them, more ZShare blocking UK IP addresses and preventing the download from starting.

Let them get on with it. Really nothing you can do apart from complain to them directly.......

VeNoM
10-08-2008, 21:07
heres a alternative to ZShare http://limelinx.com/home.aspx

now all you need is people to move over to this host

tt1
10-08-2008, 21:37

I agree...this doesnt look like a VM issue (Sky and BT also affected)

For a site like Zshare to block 'business' of 'traffic' is surely commercial suicide...look at Shareonall recently (slightly diff but same principal) ...

I wonder whether you can still upload but not download? I suspect they may allow this to keep their uploads a comin' (although time will reduce the UK uploads for sure)

Barmy.....what biz do they think they are in?

I remember a time when yousendit ruled a few years ago...

Now look at them...

Hiroki
10-08-2008, 21:44
Canadian ip's have started to have the same problem.

Can't say that I am not annoyed about this as I uploaded a bunch of remixes of a mates band to zshare a while back and i've recently lost my backups and now we can't get to the online backups :mad:

heres a alternative to ZShare http://limelinx.com/home.aspx

now all you need is people to move over to this host
Is it reliable?

grubbymitts
10-08-2008, 22:58
seems like a server issue on Zshare's side more than anything else to me

UnReaL
10-08-2008, 23:49
I've had no problems using ZShare - EVER.

Hope that helps :)

darren.b
11-08-2008, 04:04
I've had no problems using ZShare - EVER.

Hope that helps

Yeah it did, thanks very much. I'll come to you the next time I need some quality feedback and opinion. Again...thanks!

Moving on...

ZShare is teeming with ads, pop-ups and all sorts of other fun...could they be blocking the savvy who use ad blockers? Most of the UK are clued up when it comes to ads, meaning no revenue for ZShare when you ever bother clicking on one of their links.

Ed2020
11-08-2008, 09:06
ZShare is teeming with ads, pop-ups and all sorts of other fun...could they be blocking the savvy who use ad blockers? Most of the UK are clued up when it comes to ads, meaning no revenue for ZShare when you ever bother clicking on one of their links.

Well I was going to put that to the test. I turned off NoScript and Adblock Plus and it seems I can't upload anymore either. Same in Opera.

Routing traffic through TOR still works though... Very odd...

Ed.

ZeroMax
11-08-2008, 14:12
I was having problems (couldn't view or download) with Zshare and looked on the net to find a solution and this is what I have found.

I'm with Virgin Media, UK and it looks like Zshare have blocked countries. It's not VM that's blocking Zshare.

The way around this is to use an USA proxy, here's a link to how to do it:
http://ipb.quicksilverscreen.com/index.php?showtopic=88313
The link is for getting around the country block on veoh but it works for Zshare.

I used Solution 2 and it worked for me, you have to use an USA proxy. (I haven't tried other countries)

Here's a list of proxies:
http://www.samair.ru/proxy/

I hope this helps others out there.

UnReaL
11-08-2008, 15:36
Yeah it did, thanks very much. I'll come to you the next time I need some quality feedback and opinion. Again...thanks!

What I meant was I've not had any problems using ZShare, so it takes out the part where people are saying that Virgin are blocking access to it, I'm with Virgin Media, thats as simple as I can put it.

I know it may have sounded a little sarcastic.

darren.b
11-08-2008, 18:40
I know it may have sounded a little sarcastic.

So was mine ;)

This reminds me of freeimagehost...someone uploaded something they shouldn't have so freeimagehost banned all VM IP addresses/ranges.

eth01
11-08-2008, 18:59
So was mine ;)

This reminds me of freeimagehost...someone uploaded something they shouldn't have so freeimagehost banned all VM IP addresses/ranges.

Can we stay on topic please.

tt1
14-08-2008, 22:06
seems like a server issue on Zshare's side more than anything else to me

Reckon you could be right

Its working again !

VMboy
02-10-2008, 22:45
VM Tech have replied saying there is no blocking in place at their end so I have fired off an email to Zshare to get their side.
Ed.

Hi Ed2020,

So I take it Zshare didn't reply to your email?

VMboy
04-10-2008, 13:45
http://www.zshare.net/

The site appears to be now reachable.

Did Zshare.net unblock for VM UK users perhaps?

Northeast_user
04-10-2008, 17:57
http://www.zshare.net/

The site appears to be now reachable.

Did Zshare.net unblock for VM UK users perhaps?

I use zshare alot, and have for a while. TBH it seems to be a bit hit and miss with them.