PDA

View Full Version : GameFiles showing incorrect speeds

ruddock08
31-07-2008, 23:20
Hi guys,

Don't know whether the server just busy today but have run a couple of downloads from gamefiles.virginmedia.com and am not getting over 500 kbps on my 20 mb package. downloaded a torrent (legally) and got 1200 kbps. and tried after this to make sure i hadnt been traffic managed with a 1 gb test file that hit 2 mbyte. so am not being traffic managed.

have tried this morning, afternoon and just now and am not getting above 500 kbps. can other people try so we can work it out?

thanks

TayUK
31-07-2008, 23:33
Hi guys,

Don't know whether the server just busy today but have run a couple of downloads from gamefiles.virginmedia.com and am not getting over 500 kbps on my 20 mb package. downloaded a torrent (legally) and got 1200 kbps. and tried after this to make sure i hadnt been traffic managed with a 1 gb test file that hit 2 mbyte. so am not being traffic managed.

have tried this morning, afternoon and just now and am not getting above 500 kbps. can other people try so we can work it out?

thanks

I just tried several patches and it appears fine, 1.5MB/sec which is about normal for me at this time of the night.

whydoIneedatech
01-08-2008, 06:54
Hi guys,

thanks

When using gamefiles go to demo's and go down the alphabetical list to at least the E and Fs as most people will use the first files, usually works better.

ruddock08
01-08-2008, 09:27
i have tried everything and am not getting higher than 5000 kbps, have also tried on my laptop and it is the same. torrents, iplayer and another test download show 2000 kbps?

ruddock08
01-08-2008, 12:03
it seems to be with windows xp it is the problem, all my windows vista pcs are fine?

TayUK
01-08-2008, 20:03
it seems to be with windows xp it is the problem, all my windows vista pcs are fine?

I tried the DL's again and still np here with XP. OSX, Linux or any of the other VM's I have set up.

Are you sure you've not installed net limiter or something of that ilk, seems odd that both XP machines are having an issue.

What does www.speedtest.net respond with?

whydoIneedatech
01-08-2008, 20:18

Have you tried this on you XP machines.

TCP Optimiser is actually on the Virginmedia website click on this link and read about it.

http://help2.virginmedia.com/help/ge...anced_optimise

Then the link to the Speedguide site

www.speedguide.net.

Or the link direct to the Optimiser.

http://www.speedguide.net/downloads.php

ruddock08
01-08-2008, 21:46
hey guys, thanks for the replies!

tried tcp optimiser and rebooted only got 1 mbps, and it kept saying acquiring network address. restarted connection and now working amazing! downloads start at 2.74 MBps and then stay steady at 2.33MBps, which is even better than my ethernet vista PC! ::D

problem was, tcp showed that my pc had set the connection by default to 3000 kbps, cranked it up to 20000 and werhayy!

will now be using tcp optimizer on all pcs, thanks guys for your help. your lifesavers! :D:D

---------- Post added at 21:46 ---------- Previous post was at 21:44 ----------

woahh ok,, have done a few downloads at full speed, now dropped down to 800 KBps and now 400 KBps ? :S

ufitm
02-03-2009, 21:48
When using gamefiles go to demo's and go down the alphabetical list to at least the E and Fs as most people will use the first files, usually works better.
can you give me the url link to gamefiles please i seam to not be able to get them tonight thanks.Whould you mind also telling me what download and upload speeds are decent for 20 meg i get bettween 15 kbs to 19 kbs download, and bettween 680kbs and 715 kbs are the reasonable ones
regards ufitm

moaningmags
02-03-2009, 21:50
http://gamefiles.virginmedia.com

ufitm
02-03-2009, 22:00
http://gamefiles.virginmedia.com
thanks for that. just done two downloads ,suprised at the results
1 215Mb
2 164mb
which seam the best i have ever had
regards ufitm