PDA

View Full Version : Virgin and rapid share

Cheekykid
29-07-2008, 21:13
I experience very slow speeds from rapidshare regardless of which rapidshare server I choose. Any idea why? I got 20 Mb.

Here's rapid share responce:

Hello,
>
>
> please check your system configuration. Specially check firewalls, browser and
> browser cookies treatment.
>
> We suggest you should try another browser and another Server System like
> Telia, Level3, Cogent, etc. If possible even another PC and if no problems
> occur compare the configurations of both systems.
>
> We have enough bandwidth capacities. We do not have any filters applied to
> reduce the bandwidth usage for Premium Users.
>
> If it is still slow contact your local provider. Let them test the path to
> RapidShare.com. It is possible that they have bandwidth problems towards us.
>
> Best regards,
>
> RapidShare AG - Support Team

I have done what they say and even did a trace route from my pc which revealed no delays on the route

Jelly Bean
29-07-2008, 21:21
Your BB speed maybe 20 meg however your upload is much greater reduced.To check the diffrence on upload and download speeds try this:http://www.speedtest.net/

Rapidshare is generaly slow and this also depends on what time of day it is,how large a file you are downloading/uploading.There are many factors that reduces the speed.How busy there server is,depends on what time of day you choose to download as diffrent times of the day your speed can be reduced.

Post results of the link I just posted above please.

This could also be to do with your computer specifications and are your drivers upto date?

Jelly
29-07-2008, 21:29
Rapidshare have enforced a 500kBIT speed limit on all free users. This translates as roughly 50KB/second.

They'll probably fix it when they realise nobody uses them any more.

Cheekykid
29-07-2008, 21:35
Your BB speed maybe 20 meg however your upload is much greater reduced.To check the diffrence on upload and download speeds try this:http://www.speedtest.net/

Rapidshare is generaly slow and this also depends on what time of day it is,how large a file you are downloading/uploading.There are many factors that reduces the speed.How busy there server is,depends on what time of day you choose to download as diffrent times of the day your speed can be reduced.

Post results of the link I just posted above please.

This could also be to do with your computer specifications and are your drivers upto date?

I get 18500 from speednet. My computer is fairly updated. I can download from microsoft very fast.

Jelly Bean
29-07-2008, 23:27
What was your upload speed?

Microsoft is diffrent thei is rapidshare.They are slow in general.

I agree with Jelly,s post.Nice name there Jelly.:)

Cheekykid
30-07-2008, 00:02
What was your upload speed?

Microsoft is diffrent thei is rapidshare.They are slow in general.

I agree with Jelly,s post.Nice name there Jelly.:)

upload: 640

Jelly Bean
30-07-2008, 00:36
See your upload is terrible.

So with rapidshare capping there upload and downloads and your upload speed its is going to be terribly slow.the problem is not your end.

Cheekykid
30-07-2008, 11:16
See your upload is terrible.

So with rapidshare capping there upload and downloads and your upload speed its is going to be terribly slow.the problem is not your end.

My upload is terrible? 640 is quite decent.

I have a premium account.

Pushkar
30-07-2008, 13:18
My upload is terrible? 640 is quite decent.

I have a premium account.

You have 786k which is entitled with 20mb BB.
786k = 100kb/s (which is what RS measure upload in)

Which you think is good?

Since your a 20MB customer, you can download a 100mb file in approx 43 seconds.

To upload a 100mb file, it would take you 17 minutes.

43 seconds - 17 minutes.

So fast right? :)

loonytoon
30-07-2008, 19:45
Since your a 20MB customer, you can download a 100mb file in approx 43 seconds.

I wish that was the case. I'm a RS premium user with VM XL and it takes approx. 6-7 mins for a 100Mb file to download.

Cheekykid
30-07-2008, 21:03
I wish that was the case. I'm a RS premium user with VM XL and it takes approx. 6-7 mins for a 100Mb file to download.

what speeds you get right now so we can compare

EssDee
30-07-2008, 23:32
I get almost the full 20M using Flashget on RS (2.3-2.4 MB/s) when downloading 3 files simultaneously.

loonytoon
31-07-2008, 00:30
I get almost the full 20M using Flashget on RS (2.3-2.4 MB/s) when downloading 3 files simultaneously.

I want to thank you for mentioning FlashGet. I haven't used that in years but it's providing me with the best download speeds ni a long time.

Call me crazy but I'm quite sure I managed to download at speeds that shouldn't be possible on 20 Meg. I tried to catch a screenshot of it but there were 3 downloads going at more than 1.2 Mb/s each for a good 5 seconds or so before dropping to a more realistic 800kb/s

Welshchris
31-07-2008, 12:30
Rapidshare have enforced a 500kBIT speed limit on all free users. This translates as roughly 50KB/second.

They'll probably fix it when they realise nobody uses them any more.

i only get about 500kb/s MAX on Rapidshare and im on a Premium account with em.

If i download through my friends AOL connection i get much higher downloads around 700k.

EssDee
31-07-2008, 19:57
I want to thank you for mentioning FlashGet. I haven't used that in years but it's providing me with the best download speeds ni a long time.

Call me crazy but I'm quite sure I managed to download at speeds that shouldn't be possible on 20 Meg. I tried to catch a screenshot of it but there were 3 downloads going at more than 1.2 Mb/s each for a good 5 seconds or so before dropping to a more realistic 800kb/s

No problem. Glad it helped.

Cheers

deed02392
05-08-2008, 23:12
I'm getting 2.4MB/s with single file split to 16 pieces with IDM. Best download manager btw, it may not be free, but hey that's what Rapidshare is for, amirite >:D

Millay
05-08-2008, 23:18
Rapidshare premium or not, is only as good as the load on its servers, and I beleive they are very high.

what i am trying to say is an account with rapidshare will always allow you to upload or download... but you will still share the bandwidth with everyone else on the rapidshare system

Welshchris
06-08-2008, 02:22
Early hrs of the morning are best time to download from Rapidshare 1 - 6 am

browney
06-08-2008, 20:39
Been using rapidshare for over a year now and I've never experianced any slow speeds from them :S

deed02392
06-08-2008, 21:43
Rapidshare premium or not, is only as good as the load on its servers, and I beleive they are very high.

what i am trying to say is an account with rapidshare will always allow you to upload or download... but you will still share the bandwidth with everyone else on the rapidshare system

Have you seen the spec of Rapidshares server farm? Premium users get uncapped download rates, I get max download speed _all_ the time from them. Downloading as a free user, not a KB/s above 50. Bearing in mind I've got the 20Mbps package. As far as I'm concerned, the weaker link in the chain would be us, not rapidshare at all.

Welshchris
08-08-2008, 12:51
deed i agree as i stated in previous posts, i have a premium account and dont get over 500k usually with Rapidshare yet if i use my account on my friends AOL account i get the max his upto 8mb account gets and usually around 700k downloads.

deed02392
08-08-2008, 18:28
Yep, so looks like it is some problem with your cable connection, not Rapidshare as stated by Millay.

P.S. Rapidshare are meant to have been cracking down on sharing accounts. Have you had any bad luck or do you not often use your account on different IP addresses?

blade85
09-08-2008, 00:11
i normally use downthemall which is an add on to firefox and that usually gives me my full speed on 99% of websites.

deed02392
09-08-2008, 08:14
Yeah I used to use that. I've since discovered IDM, which is far superior ;)

Cheekykid
16-08-2008, 19:33
Flashget hasn't helped me that much. I download some files without problems but suddenly some of them will simply stuck at a certain % and they won't move on. Sometimes they do but i cant find the pattern. Anyone experience the same problem? does flashget need special settings for rapidshare?
For example right now rapidshare.com is completely dead for me. I wonder if they block me because flashget makes many simultaneous connection on them

browney
16-08-2008, 21:05
Flashget hasn't helped me that much. I download some files without problems but suddenly some of them will simply stuck at a certain % and they won't move on. Sometimes they do but i cant find the pattern. Anyone experience the same problem? does flashget need special settings for rapidshare?
For example right now rapidshare.com is completely dead for me. I wonder if they block me because flashget makes many simultaneous connection on them

You can also use RS own program http://rapidshare.com/rsm.html

deed02392
16-08-2008, 23:16
If you are a premium user, they won't block you. To solve your flashget problems though, what you have to do is uninstall it, then install a program called IDM. Those are the ideal settings.

acidal
17-08-2008, 01:21
Zshare, Filefactory and Uploaded.to are better than Crapidsare in my opinion.

lightboy
18-08-2008, 14:50
I have RS premium account and i get on average 85k upload and 2300 d/l
(using d/l manager multiple files)

the rs manager prog is good too..

Welshchris
18-08-2008, 19:47
i normally use downthemall which is an add on to firefox and that usually gives me my full speed on 99% of websites.

i have only ever tried it on my mates connection once to see if it was a problem with Virgin or Rapidshare. I dont share my account.

deed02392
18-08-2008, 23:42
Guys, where is this topic going?

spidiweb7
19-08-2008, 21:13
the problem is never at rapidshares end unless the whole network goes down which has only happened twice in its history i think :) at time of your slow connections why dont you do a tracert ??

i have a 20mb connection and get a full 2.2mbs all the time from them but when it goes slow it tends to be one of the providers between virgin and rapidshare :) this will explain aol may be slightly faster because it goes down a different route :) i will still stay with virgin over aol any day though :P

Welshchris
19-08-2008, 22:42
Lucky u lol

I get 500k if im lucky