PDA

View Full Version : Coming back to Virgin?

AdamD
29-07-2008, 09:17
Hi all

I moved away from Virgin due to a few problems I had when I was originally setup, like billing mistakes, wrong package setup and them charging me for 3 months after I'd sent a cancellation request by registered post.

They made the usual offers to change my mind into staying and I (now regretabbly) declined.

So I've been with BEthere for sometime now and over the last 3 months or so, I and others are having some real problems, especially with Be's Box and their DNS servers, not to mention an ongoing slow speed issue which has been outstanding on their "Network issues" page for over a month now.

My question is, how's the best way to come back to Virgin?
I didn't keep any of the original documentation and the only thing I have is their black modem.
Any suggestions are appreciated!

eth01
29-07-2008, 09:20
Hi all

I moved away from Virgin due to a few problems I had when I was originally setup, like billing mistakes, wrong package setup and them charging me for 3 months after I'd sent a cancellation request by registered post.

They made the usual offers to change my mind into staying and I (now regretabbly) declined.

So I've been with BEthere for sometime now and over the last 3 months or so, I and others are having some real problems, especially with Be's Box and their DNS servers, not to mention an ongoing slow speed issue which has been outstanding on their "Network issues" page for over a month now.

My question is, how's the best way to come back to Virgin?
I didn't keep any of the original documentation and the only thing I have is their black modem.
Any suggestions are appreciated!

1. You don't have to use the DNS supplied by BE -- you can change to OpenDNS or something?

For e.g. OpenDNS -> 208.67.222.222, 208.67.220.220 ...

2. You'll have to call VM back and say you're wanting to sign up again as a new customer. The modem you kept will not work, and I can assure you of that. Well it will work, it's just that it won't be usable in this scenario. Give it them back.

tvtimes
29-07-2008, 09:55
Will BE allow you to disconnect? Are you not tied to a 12 month contract? Actually i think i read somewhere that BE only do 3 month contracts which i thought was really good. Never though i would hear someone being unhappy with BE everyone seems to be relatively happy with them.

Yes the only way of reconnecting is signing up as a new customer i think although they may stil have a record of your name and address on their account and it could be as simple as reactivating your old account. Give em a call is the best option

HSp8
29-07-2008, 10:00
I think there is a set time you have to have been away from Virgin to get the lower new customer deals - maybe 6 months/a year?

eth01
29-07-2008, 10:13
Yes the only way of reconnecting is signing up as a new customer i think although they may stil have a record of your name and address on their account and it could be as simple as reactivating your old account. Give em a call is the best option

sorry, this isn't the case.

AdamD
29-07-2008, 10:19
Yea, the Be Value package is 12 months contract
But, if you upgrade to their higher packages (unlimited/pro), you can request "express cancellation" which costs you £40, or cancel and it takes 3 months.

xspeedyx
29-07-2008, 13:14
All you have to do is call sales and they will set up a new account for you

AdamD
05-08-2008, 19:17
Yea I placed an order on the website for the L package
Scheduled install date was today (Self install, as the cable is already here)
But, it's now 7:17pm and no one's showed up, yay.

whydoIneedatech
05-08-2008, 19:21
Yea I placed an order on the website for the L package
Scheduled install date was today (Self install, as the cable is already here)
But, it's now 7:17pm and no one's showed up, yay.

You do know that on a Self Install that you are the installer, you do not get an engineer coming to your property.

AdamD
05-08-2008, 19:31
Yes indeed
As I said, the cable is already in the house, from when I used to be on VM.

whydoIneedatech
05-08-2008, 19:38
Yes indeed
As I said, the cable is already in the house, from when I used to be on VM.

Did they say to use your existing modem or did they send you a new one.

AdamD
05-08-2008, 19:40
Neither, I didn't get anything after completing the order (I did it via the website)

whydoIneedatech
05-08-2008, 19:41
Neither, I didn't get anything after completing the order (I did it via the website)

Ring up now on 151 option 3 and check with them as the will be a work order on your account.

AdamD
14-08-2008, 01:25
Indeed
I Gave them a call on their sales phone number on the website (I'm on BT, so 151 doesn't work)
I explained that I'd placed an order and hadn't had any confirmation through and nothing arrived in the post
She took my name/postcode and house number and said there was nothing in the system (figures)
So asked if I wanted to order over the phone, I said no thanks I'll order later
So I ordered again via the website (Sorry but I hate dealing with people over the phones heh)
But this time, I called the next day, as again I hadn't received any confirmation email
Then I was told there was an outstanding balance from when I had VM previously (....er.), of £2.32 and that's why the order never went through
Now, why couldn't they amend my bill with that amount? or CALL me to tell me that?
So she took my debit card/bank details over the phone to pay that off, then said she'd call back the next day (13th/Wednesday), as it takes 24 hours to remove the "block" on the account
Of course, no one called
So now I'm going to call them today...again

Noob91
14-08-2008, 08:04
I think there is a set time you have to have been away from Virgin to get the lower new customer deals - maybe 6 months/a year?

Anyone know what this is? To get the new customer deals?

Fatec
14-08-2008, 15:41
Anyone know what this is? To get the new customer deals?

It's 6 months.

If you're married u could just sign up with your wifes name though (assuming ur male)