PDA

View Full Version : UBR04 Preston

synner
24-07-2008, 20:25
Hi All,

Can anyone tell me if the severe problems on UBR04 Preston have been fixed ?
I left VM in March as my 20Mb connection could not cope with more than 400kb/s, several tickets raised and an engineer visit and they finally admitted there was a problem but couldn't give a fix time, after waiting for 3 months I gave up and left.

If they have fixed the problem I would consider returning..

Thanks

Bri

spiderplant
24-07-2008, 20:51
Depends which card you were on. A couple of the cards still look bad, but it's scheduled for an upgrade next week.

synner
24-07-2008, 21:04
Depends which card you were on. A couple of the cards still look bad, but it's scheduled for an upgrade next week.

Hi, thanks for that, I was on cable 6 i believe, if that helps ?

Ta

Bri

Berealwith
25-07-2008, 23:49
Buddy i left too i was on that UBR in preston, i was told september 08.

And could be subject to change.

if you search for my post "UBR Upgrades" you will find where i was with it before i left "VirGrim"

synner
26-07-2008, 09:36
Buddy i left too i was on that UBR in preston, i was told september 08.

And could be subject to change.

if you search for my post "UBR Upgrades" you will find where i was with it before i left "VirGrim"

Hi Mate,

just had a look through your thread, exactly the same issues as me, took me weeks just to get newsgroup support to admit there was an issue, had a tech come out who nearly laughed when we tested my connection at 11AM and couldn't get more than 345Kb/s. - Was quite funny when he called 2nd line and they blamed my kit, I then popped upstairs and came back down with 2 laptops and an Apple MacBook all giving the same speed problems..

Finally, after 2 months of submitting signal levels, tracert's, speedtest results they admitted there was a capacity issue on UBR04.

I then waited 5 months for the "amazing ever changing fix date" to come around, which it never did.. They even closed a ticket saying it was fixed and when newsgroup support checked the details nothing had been done !

Am with o2 ADSL at the moment which is good but I live near a train line and when a fast train goes past my router looses sync... Hence my thinking about VM again (Even thjough I swore never again ).

Bri

Berealwith
08-12-2008, 21:04
Anyone from Preston any news if this problem has been resolved yet ?

synner
09-12-2008, 11:06
Anyone from Preston any news if this problem has been resolved yet ?

Hi Berealwith,

Unfortunately no, 15 months later and still poor speeds and no sign of any upgrade.

Another ticket raised in August and no notes whatsoever as yet on any upgrade planned.

Sigh...

Bri

telfordcable
09-12-2008, 11:32
If UBR is not fixed as a promise in the last 15 months, why you still with VM cable? You ought to left them and cancel it. Come back once it get fixed - but I think VM couldn't care less about UBR fixed !!!

caph
09-12-2008, 11:51
I'm in the same position in Nottingham, although not as bad. Speeds vary between 0.5Mb and 9Mb and have done for months. You can probably guess which speed I'm nearer to most of the time :-(

TelfordCable, I live so far from my exchange (area code changes down the road) that my "MAX" dsl speed is less than 1Mb. That was why I changed in the first place. I'm between a rock and a hard place.

Anyway, the reason I'm posting is to cheer you all up. I've been trying to lodge a complaint with Virgin about it since they know they can't supply me with 20Mb yet signed me up anyway and have been taking my money ever since whilst at the same time refusing to set a date to fix the problem. After several failed attempts to lodge a complaint by web, telephone, newsgroup, I was eventually told the name of the system to ask to have my complaint logged with (CCCS). So I tried again and this time specifically mentioned CCCS. Guess what, the system is down.

Anyone know what system you need to log a complaint about the complaint system being down?

Joxer
09-12-2008, 12:03
The address to write to is here: http://www.virginmedia.com/customers/contact/complaint-feedback.php

Or below, but I have a feeling it is wrong because I am sure it should start 'Customer Concern'

Complaints,
Virgin Media,
PO Box 333,
Matrix Court,
Swansea.
SA7 9ZJ

synner
09-12-2008, 13:32
The address to write to is here: http://www.virginmedia.com/customers/contact/complaint-feedback.php

Or below, but I have a feeling it is wrong because I am sure it should start 'Customer Concern'

Complaints,
Virgin Media,
PO Box 333,
Matrix Court,
Swansea.
SA7 9ZJ

Cheers Joxer.

I moved to ADSL in March this year but unfortunately live near a railway line, whenever a largish train passes the ASDL SNR drops to 0 and the connection is dropped (Not brilliant for online shopping or banking !).

I moved back to VM because there was a ticket on the maintenance page stating that my area was getting capacity upgrades, however these appear not to have happened or were not effective.

I originally wrote to complaints in February 2008 and never received a reply. I wrote again last month and got a phone call offering a discount which I accepted.

Bri

jkenney
09-12-2008, 14:46
send the complaints recorded delivery & keep copies, then you'll be able to go to ofcom, or the small claims court, if you aren't satisfied. keep a record of any contact with them.

Magilla
10-12-2008, 12:09
I'm in the same position in Nottingham, although not as bad. Speeds vary between 0.5Mb and 9Mb and have done for months. You can probably guess which speed I'm nearer to most of the time :-(

Identical in Sheffield 7 aswell, average speed is between 64->200kb/s. I've never seen anything like 9Mb.

UBR upgrade was supposed to be yesterday, cancelled.. no new date for the upgrade.

Berealwith
10-12-2008, 21:03
Thanks people for the replys, so nothings changed at all. Oh well, and i'm not asking because i am after coming back i would soon stick red hot pokers in my eyes, and ask a football team to each have two kicks at my nuts. Will look back in 6 months, lol just to see how its going