PDA

View Full Version : question regarding home movers..

Timeless
20-07-2008, 01:22
right due to personal circumstances offline we might not be able to buy ourselves out of the contract, however we should still be able to afford to pay the monthly fees, but since the current issues are pushing us to having no fixed abode, l will probablly end up living with my gran within a town that has cable...

basically the question l wish to ask is if its possible to move a ADSL contract to Cable since its the same company... lm not sure about duration but l was told there wasnt a limit to how many times one can use home movers, and l need the internet to keep in contact with friends etc and for the minor work l do online.. it would just be so useful to know if l could just transfer the net to cable for the duration to keep online

l will be phoneing up and asking but it would be useful to know if someone else has done it in the past.

whydoIneedatech
20-07-2008, 01:25
right due to personal circumstances offline we might not be able to buy ourselves out of the contract, however we should still be able to afford to pay the monthly fees, but since the current issues are pushing us to having no fixed abode, l will probablly end up living with my gran within a town that has cable...

basically the question l wish to ask is if its possible to move a ADSL contract to Cable since its the same company... lm not sure about duration but l was told there wasnt a limit to how many times one can use home movers, and l need the internet to keep in contact with friends etc and for the minor work l do online.. it would just be so useful to know if l could just transfer the net to cable for the duration to keep online

l will be phoneing up and asking but it would be useful to know if someone else has done it in the past.

You can ask for a Timeout on your contract, but I am not quite sure how it works you need a Customer Care Bod to answer fully.

Timeless
20-07-2008, 01:33
reason l wondered is technically we are still paying them, same company just different technology which is why l wondered if l could transfer to cable temporarily until l got a chance to move to somewhere and move it back to ADSL (with Virgin of course)

chuzzlemonkey
20-07-2008, 01:37
Onto me then! :)

Yes mate you can move your ADSL connection to a DSL connection with cable...that way you will be able to avoid contract termination fees!

However, you will need to accept a new 12 month contract at your nans address...but again if you wish to move within this contract you can, but again you would need to take yet ANOTHER contract out.

Timeless
20-07-2008, 02:39
as long as l can move from DSL to Cable and then from Cable to DSL again when we have located accommodation elsewhere thats all that matters.. as long as they dont mind me doing it over the matter of a couple of months l dont give a rats about getting locked into a contract just as long as its affordable and l have somewhere to live and do some minor work from.

chuzzlemonkey
20-07-2008, 13:07
You'll be fine then mate! Contact your current providers customer care and ask to speak to their movers team, they will disconnect your account for you and transfer you onto the cable team to arrange the new account..

And again when you need to leave your nans just contact cable movers and they will do the exact same to get you back onto ADSL.

Hope this helps :)

Timeless
20-07-2008, 16:00
l'll prolly only be there a couple of months if that however it saves me worrying about the get out of contract fees that and it allows me to stay online and keep online and up to date.. only thing l need now is a job heh.