PDA

View Full Version : Will i get a FREE upgrade ?

ash213
12-07-2008, 13:18
Been with VM 2 years on the 2 for £20 deal, Phone & 2mb broadband...

If i phone up try to cancel etc will they upgrade me to 4MB net speed for free ? :monkey:

piggy
12-07-2008, 13:22
Been with VM 2 years on the 2 for £20 deal, Phone & 2mb broadband...

If i phone up try to cancel etc will they upgrade me to 4MB net speed for free ? :monkey:

try it and see, i also have been told that tesco are giving away free food that might be worth a punt aswell.

Jelly
12-07-2008, 13:26
I'd been with them a year, phoned them at the end of the contract and got a free upgrade to 4MB Broadband and XL TV for the same price as 2MB with L TV. That was probably because there was a big competition between Sky and VM, though, and they wanted to keep all the customers they could.

ash213
12-07-2008, 13:39
They have upgraded me to 10mb for an extra £3 a month !

---------- Post added at 13:39 ---------- Previous post was at 13:38 ----------

and they gave me free national calls all day or something ?

Idris
12-07-2008, 14:09
Did you go through the cancellation options or just ask for an upgrade?

JediMaster
12-07-2008, 14:55
Did you go through the cancellation options or just ask for an upgrade?

Upgrades are Extra Price. (Indian Call Centre)

Cancellation (aka: Retentions) is UK Team & they will offer you Best deal to keep you as a customer. Say you'r looking at Sky TV as its Free Internet & such....

dev
12-07-2008, 15:09
they should make the phone support be a menu and have an option to cancel, which when selected cancels your services there and then :p:

eth01
12-07-2008, 15:12
they should make the phone support be a menu and have an option to cancel, which when selected cancels your services there and then :p:

:LOL:

TraxData
12-07-2008, 15:18
Upgrades are Extra Price. (Indian Call Centre)

Cancellation (aka: Retentions) is UK Team & they will offer you Best deal to keep you as a customer. Say you'r looking at Sky TV as its Free Internet & such....

Retentions in most area's will no longer give you a good deal, they aint allowed to keep giving silly deals to keep customers anymore.

Simple thing here.

Cant afford it? dont buy it.

whydoIneedatech
12-07-2008, 16:32

Some people have enough problems pressing the right button when confronted with 3 options on 151 let alone the possibility off unknowingly cancelling their contract.:LOL:

dev
12-07-2008, 16:54
Some people have enough problems pressing the right button when confronted with 3 options on 151 let alone the possibility off unknowingly cancelling their contract.:LOL:

do you really want to keep them as customers? :p:

JediMaster
12-07-2008, 17:11
Retentions in most area's will no longer give you a good deal, they aint allowed to keep giving silly deals to keep customers anymore.

Simple thing here.

Cant afford it? dont buy it.

Yeah I understand that, but existing Members should get the same deals that "NEW" members are offered. So its worth a call to see every year if a better package is available to get your Monthly fee DOWN.

I dont agree with people just moaning about needing a new / cheap or free service just for the sake of it.

AndyCambs
12-07-2008, 22:01
I just wondered if I could get retentions to give me the VIP package for free - everyone else seems to get something for free..............

snazzy
13-07-2008, 09:40
Well I'm on XL TV only 2mb BB and regular phone. I'm not gonna go through it all here as it would take pages. Also I'm not gonna go through why I don't just leave. But, I get my XL TV and I feel they owe it to me. It took them over seven month to fix my BB. It's working okay now, but for seven months I had the worse service ever. So they owe me.

In December the current special retention offer expires and I will be asking for it again. The reality being, that I only had any value from the offer since my BB got fixed this month.

whydoIneedatech
13-07-2008, 10:53
do you really want to keep them as customers? :p:

If they pressed that button then it would not matter:rofl: