PDA

View Full Version : Remote Ambit 256 reboot url

alto-
06-07-2008, 04:01
As per title, does such a thing exist for the Ambit 256(I assume we got a 256, our original Webstar DPX100 got swapped out last week)? On the DPX100 it was possible to remotely reboot the modem, which was incredibly useful. You could also change the frequency it locked onto as it booted, again very useful.

Any info on this new modem VM gave us would be greatly appreciated!

Sirius
06-07-2008, 08:29
As per title, does such a thing exist for the Ambit 256(I assume we got a 256, our original Webstar DPX100 got swapped out last week)? On the DPX100 it was possible to remotely reboot the modem, which was incredibly useful. You could also change the frequency it locked onto as it booted, again very useful.

The Ambit 256 has no parameters that can be adjusted to any advantage. I don't know of any way to do the remote reboot other than logging in and doing a reset on the tools page.

whydoIneedatech
06-07-2008, 11:03

The easiest and quickest way to reboot any modem including the Ambit 256 is to switch off the power at the wall or remove the power cord for 10 seconds.

To access your config pages use the following.

Open a browser and in the address bar put> 192.168.100.1 password and username are both root if required.

Some details of the Ambit 256

Virgin Media has started rolling out its new standard modem across the network (ex-NTL areas currently, ex-Telewest areas from summer 2008). The model is the Ambit 256 modem which supports up to Docsis 2.0 with up to a 42Mbps downstream data rate. This is not the modem for the forthcoming 50mb trial and is not Docsis 3 ready. The modem is the follow on from the most recent 255 model supplied across ex-NTL area's of the network. The modem will only support Ethernet connections and is designed to utilise the plug and play aspects of its DHCP network to provide "CD-less" installs. This modem will also form the basis of all "Quick Start" self installs across the network from the end of summer 2008.

Angry@VMedia
06-07-2008, 14:20
Try this: http://192.168.100.1/TlUserDefaults.asp
then you will have to just click on the button that says restart and Apply, there you have it!

If you are wireless, you can do this from any machine that connects to your router, as this passes info to your modem!

alto-
06-07-2008, 15:08
Thanks, the Reset Defaults seems like what I was looking for :) The modem is not in such an accessible place, so being able to do it from the computer is great.

Being Docsis 2.0, I guess we won't be using it that long. Has VM decided on the standard modem for 50mb yet?

Angry@VMedia
06-07-2008, 17:13
Thanks, the Reset Defaults seems like what I was looking for :) The modem is not in such an accessible place, so being able to do it from the computer is great.

Being Docsis 2.0, I guess we won't be using it that long. Has VM decided on the standard modem for 50mb yet?

OR, a slightly faster way, without having to login would be: http://root:root@192.168.100.1/TlUserDefaults.asp
bookmark that link, heck, even create a shortcut on your desktop, and this should be better!