Tezcatlipoca
01-07-2008, 22:10
http://packages.sky.com/buy/

Sky HD box (now called "Sky+ HD"): £150 for new & existing customers

New customers: £30 installation

Existing customers: £60 installation

RealDiamond
08-07-2008, 03:34
yep but if you go to the high st yesterday and talk to the actual SKY sales person is only £99 but you must subscribe to the full package, you are also entering a 18 month contract this time not 12 months ? I didn't hang a round long enough for the installation fee. as he was only after New SKY customers Boooo.

zing_deleted
08-07-2008, 08:00
http://packages.sky.com/buy/

Sky HD box (now called "Sky+ HD"): £150 for new & existing customers

New customers: £30 installation

Existing customers: £60 installation

can you just say drop the box off and ill istall it lol £60 for 5 minutes work what swizz

Tezcatlipoca
08-07-2008, 20:20
Yeah, the installation charge is a bit of a joke if you're upgrading from Sky+ to Sky+HD. £60 to literally just swap the boxes over & do the initial set-up & callback.

piggy
09-07-2008, 09:26
Yeah, the installation charge is a bit of a joke if you're upgrading from Sky+ to Sky+HD. £60 to literally just swap the boxes over & do the initial set-up & callback.

to be fair they have to make the money somewhere and we carge £75 for a very similar v+ job

i must say i do like the enhanced rep from the vb3.7 ......hope it dosnt get fixed

Central
26-07-2008, 22:58
I got my Sky+ HD today for £135 including instalation

dragon
26-07-2008, 23:49
Wish they would make a single Tuner box.

my sataliite cables burried in the wall, and it's not my house.

Graham M
26-07-2008, 23:52
Wish they would make a single Tuner box.

my sataliite cables burried in the wall, and it's not my house.

Im pretty certain you don't need both connected, but obviously some of the functions will not work. I can disconnect one tuner on my Sky+ for you at some point to test if you like. Is your Sky dish connected to a socket on the wall?

dragon
26-07-2008, 23:55
Im pretty certain you don't need both connected, but obviously some of the functions will not work. I can disconnect one tuner on my Sky+ for you at some point to test if you like. Is your Sky dish connected to a socket on the wall?

Yes it is, i think the trick it to set a blank recording.

Probably not interested yet anyway although i got a HD tv there's not enough extra channels to justify an extra £10 a mo.

Although if someone is upgrading and is selling a sky+ box i might be interested in that depending on how much they want for it.

I think if I bought a sky+ box from somewhere other than SKY i can just ring them up give them the Serial Number and get my viewing card paired to the "new" stb.

Graham M
27-07-2008, 00:00
Yep you are entitled to buy your own box but you need to let them know as the viewing card is paired with a box

dragon
27-07-2008, 00:06
Yep you are entitled to buy your own box but you need to let them know as the viewing card is paired with a box

Yep as much as id like to have both Feeds connected if i let sky do it we will end up with cables tacked to the walls no doubt, and the homeowner doesnt want that.

Sometime i might pickup a box and an STSP switch so that providing both channels are on the Same Frequancy and Polarisation i could still record on the 2nd tuner.

I did look into stacker/destackers but i hear they dont play nice with wallplates.

I do also have a few problems with a couple channels breaking up, I think one was a music channel and the other was either E4 + 1 or more4.

Neither of which i actually watch so cant be bothered to try and get it sorted.

Tezcatlipoca
27-07-2008, 00:10

With Sky+ & Sky+HD boxes, tuner 2 is normally used for recording, while tuner 1 is used for viewing/recording.

If you only have one input connected, e.g. to tuner 1, then it complicates things whenever you want to do an unattended recording. You have to set a "dummy" recording, which overlaps what you really want, so that tuner 2 gets tied up with the dummy recording. This then causes the actual recording you want recorded to use tuner 1 instead.

Plus obviously only one input means you can't watch one thing & record another, or record two things. You can of course still record whatever you are watching though.

There are other ways around having only one feed, e.g. using a smart priority switch (I use one on my Sky HD box, as we have a communal dish with only one feed per flat). But you need to hook it to the TV SCART on the STB, which while OK for a Sky HD box (as you're prob. using HDMI!) isn't really doable on a Sky+ box as you need it for the TV.

I think if I bought a sky+ box from somewhere other than SKY i can just ring them up give them the Serial Number and get my viewing card paired to the "new" stb.

Yep, as Graham said there is nothing wrong with getting the box from somewhere else, & just phoning Sky to pair the box & card.

I bought my Sky HD box off eBay last year & installed it myself. Just phoned Sky to pair it with the card, & activate the Sky+ functions.