PDA

View Full Version : What do I need to do to change the computer connected to virgin internet

mdean
01-07-2008, 07:01
Hi folks

I am pulling my hair out here
Trying to set up wireless but my laptops wireless function seems to have disappeared - It recently had a full reinstall of windows XP SP2 It is a Packard Bell EASYNOTE R1938

I think it is either a driver issue.......or a windows issue..... and I thought the easiest way would be to directly connnect it to the VM broadband by the ethernet cable, and update the drivers and windows

I tried this and got only limited connectivity

In the NTL days I remember a green screen on the browser to tell NTL this was a legitimate customer connection - is there something similar now?

Any suggestions on the laptop problem also gratefully received

TIA

whydoIneedatech
01-07-2008, 07:47
Hi folks

I am pulling my hair out here
Trying to set up wireless but my laptops wireless function seems to have disappeared - It recently had a full reinstall of windows XP SP2 It is a Packard Bell EASYNOTE R1938

I think it is either a driver issue.......or a windows issue..... and I thought the easiest way would be to directly connnect it to the VM broadband by the ethernet cable, and update the drivers and windows

I tried this and got only limited connectivity

In the NTL days I remember a green screen on the browser to tell NTL this was a legitimate customer connection - is there something similar now?

Any suggestions on the laptop problem also gratefully received

TIA

Reboot your modem to restore your connection by turning off the power.

mdean
01-07-2008, 12:57
Reboot your modem to restore your connection by turning off the power.
Many thanks - will try that tonight