PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Broadband from VM Finished

grabbi
17-06-2008, 14:48
I was told yesterday that the Wireless Broadband for New Customers had ended, and that Broadband was just gonna be your basic Modem to PC stuff again.

After stating that other companies are pushing it hard, I was passed to retentions, and they said that because I had only just signed upto a new contract (£66 p/m instead of the VIP last week) I could have a Wireless Router, and it will cost nothing.

Now, Ive also been told by some that earlier on in the year, if you spoke to VM and asked why Existing Customers werent getting Wireless Broadband as an option, they would put £40 on your bill so long as you bought a Router from their online shop, and presented them with the receipt.

Seems amazing to me that other companies are pushing Wireless Broadband hard, and VM decide to only "trial" it, or have it as a "limited time" offer.

Anyone else experienced anything similar?

on in an hour!
17-06-2008, 17:13
I was told yesterday that the Wireless Broadband for New Customers had ended, and that Broadband was just gonna be your basic Modem to PC stuff again.

After stating that other companies are pushing it hard, I was passed to retentions, and they said that because I had only just signed upto a new contract (£66 p/m instead of the VIP last week) I could have a Wireless Router, and it will cost nothing.

Now, Ive also been told by some that earlier on in the year, if you spoke to VM and asked why Existing Customers werent getting Wireless Broadband as an option, they would put £40 on your bill so long as you bought a Router from their online shop, and presented them with the receipt.

Seems amazing to me that other companies are pushing Wireless Broadband hard, and VM decide to only "trial" it, or have it as a "limited time" offer.

Anyone else experienced anything similar?
the offer for existing customers has apparently been suspended because the suppliers cant keep up with the demand VM have had from new customers wanting the wireless (after the shutdown of the billing systems to migrate everybody onto ICOMS the subsequent switch on generated 9000 requests for wireless routers in one day!!) the offer will be re-introduced for existing customers when things get back to normal ;)

the end
17-06-2008, 20:19
When did it stop because i was offered wireless for 30pound to be installed. Btw i have been with virgin neally 2years now.

Richy99
17-06-2008, 22:26
most adsl ones that provide wireless have the modems built in, i guess by just offering a wireless router along with modem might cause them more support issues, who knows

grabbi
18-06-2008, 13:06
I got my router this morning through the post.

Its all set up now (self install) and didnt cost a thing.

on in an hour!
18-06-2008, 17:10
When did it stop because i was offered wireless for 30pound to be installed. Btw i have been with virgin neally 2years now.
the 'free to certain customers' offer was withdrawn. (those on higher level tarrifs).you could still buy one ;) as far as i know we are not yet doing managed wireless installs,the tech will install the modem,prove connectivity,wired to the p.c. (dedicated page for tech to enter his tech No on) and then leave the sub to continue registering.