PDA

View Full Version : Broadband cutting off

forestofoctober
16-06-2008, 15:21
Hi i have had this problem for a while i phoned virgin up a month ago and got fobbed off with its probably inter fearing so move it which i have done to a place not near the router or anything that could inter fear.

I still get it going off flashing most of the time ( I am even lucky i am on now)

16/16 then the time then stuff like 1021, 163 failed to range post rs error 302 43282750, 17 reboot and so on

The internet works when return path is on in the virgin/ntl Samsung smt - 2100c Technical stuff settings - Box not flashing.

Anyone know what could be up or wrong ? :)

Mick Fisher
16-06-2008, 16:42
Sounds like you have a problem with your return path.

This needs to be investigated by a tech.

In the mean time check that all your internal cabling and connections are good.

whydoIneedatech
16-06-2008, 20:47
Hi i have had this problem for a while i phoned virgin up a month ago and got fobbed off with its probably inter fearing so move it which i have done to a place not near the router or anything that could inter fear.

I still get it going off flashing most of the time ( I am even lucky i am on now)

16/16 then the time then stuff like 1021, 163 failed to range post rs error 302 43282750, 17 reboot and so on

The internet works when return path is on in the virgin/ntl Samsung smt - 2100c Technical stuff settings - Box not flashing.

Anyone know what could be up or wrong ? :)

Are you on a Set Top Box not a Modem? if so you would be better to ring up and ask for a Modem you can upgrade to 20Mb with a modem but will not get speeds above 6Mb if that is a STB.