PDA

View Full Version : Sky in more than one room...

d3moliti0n
13-06-2008, 21:16
Hey there

So we are getting Sky installed in on Monday and I was wondering, is there any way to get Sky on more than one TV but enable each TV to be watching different channels without buying the Sky multi-room thing? As I know it's possible to have Sky in another room but when someone in one room turns over the other one does aswell.

Thanks for your help and time.

Losttheplot
13-06-2008, 21:28
Hey there

So we are getting Sky installed in on Monday and I was wondering, is there any way to get Sky on more than one TV but enable each TV to be watching different channels without buying the Sky multi-room thing? As I know it's possible to have Sky in another room but when someone in one room turns over the other one does aswell.

Thanks for your help and time.

The Sky boxes only allow you to watch a single channel at a time (all boxes) so no.

d3moliti0n
13-06-2008, 21:31
So basically if you want to be watching more than one channel on Sky you need two subscriptions?

Losttheplot
13-06-2008, 21:46
So basically if you want to be watching more than one channel on Sky you need two subscriptions?

Yep, hence the term 'Multiroom'.

MikeyB
14-06-2008, 21:36
As long as you have a dual or quad LNB on your dish, and can wire up another sky box, get hold of a Sky Freestat viewing card and away you go.

If you already have the cabling in then it's even easier.

http://www.freesatfromsky.co.uk/

If you don't have a spare Sky box, try ebay, I got a replacement box from ebay when mine went "pop", much cheaper than getting one from Sky