PDA

View Full Version : How much would you like to pay for 20mb ?

Berealwith
13-06-2008, 02:38
As the post said "How much would you like to pay for 20mb" ? is £37-00 a fair price these days ?

Enuff
13-06-2008, 02:47
I've been paying £18pm for 3 months, now that's ended and it's back up to £37 I think it's way too expensive, i'd like to pay £15pm.

TraxData
13-06-2008, 02:48
With STM? certainly not worth £37/month.

Maybe £15-20/Month MAX

v0id
13-06-2008, 04:15
What would I LIKE to pay? Nothing :p

Sirius
13-06-2008, 07:39

Maybe £15-20/Month MAX

:tu:

AmAtoL
13-06-2008, 08:03
I'd pay £25 for a good solid 10 meg and I don't mean consistent solid d/l speed, I mean quality of connection (lol that again) :)

Berealwith
13-06-2008, 10:47

Maybe £15-20/Month MAX

Trax has a great point............If the goal posts change/reduce or run tests

that have an affect to your service it should not be up to the customer to

purse (being that she/he has the level of knowledge) a discount. Virgin

Should contact you and give you a discount

Noggo
13-06-2008, 11:33
I would like to pay £30/month if there was no STM and £ 25.00/month with. That's if there wasn't a huge drop off at peak times, which is the case ATM every weeknight and weekend. But ATM I'm not paying £37/month, I've still got reduced monthly of £18.50 to cover for capacity issues (fix date mid August (subject to change) :shrug:).

If you look at alternatives like Bethere.co.uk, the unlimited package with Be home email will set you back £20/month. A neighbour changed a few weeks ago and download speed is 15Mbps after a bit of messing around with the ring wire and a good master socket filter from adslnation.com, it was running around 11Mbps before hand. Plus no drop off in speed at peak times, which is a bonus (well for him anyway). He's still keeping the wireless passcode from me though, until he's away on holiday in August. Which by that time fingers crossed the capacity problems should have been fixed by then (I don't know about fingers I might need more like toes, legs and arms crossed aswell :D.

Anyway in the end I think I will be paying £20/month with bethere.co.uk, if Virgin Media continue with there plan and introduce Phorm :td:.

xspeedyx
13-06-2008, 12:07
£1.50 o wait no I do pay £1.50 :)

whydoIneedatech
13-06-2008, 13:00
£1.50 o wait no I do pay £1.50 :)

Snap:LOL:

dev
13-06-2008, 13:53
£5/month with ~50gb cap a month and then pay for more data transfer :p:

Wicked_and_Crazy
13-06-2008, 13:56
I wouldnt, i dont see 20Mb being much of a benefit over 10Mb

Nicosia
13-06-2008, 17:13
i have 20meg and get 10 but am still happy, i agree with trax it should be 15-20

fred_flintstone
13-06-2008, 18:10
the virgin media service isnt worth jack $heet.
think about it
they are useless
the service im on 20mb is down more than it is up
try to ring you may as well call the chicken call centers cos they cant speak a word of english

ffs virgin get ur ass and heads together.
were uk customers why patch us thru to packistan to a call center there ?!?!?!
where's the logic in that ffs

and why is my modem down 80% of the day

good job its a clone EH :)

freddy

|Kippa|
13-06-2008, 18:18
I liked it when we had Telewest with 10mbit with no restrictions what so ever. Even if it were pricier then, you had a rock solid connection and no restrictions. I think the main issue now is the over use of STM to the extreme which is getting really silly. £37 a month is good for an unlimited 20mbit connection with no STM. I would agree with TraxData with all this STM stuff going around I'd say it is worth at the most £20 a month.

Horace
13-06-2008, 18:23
I'm probably paying around £25 for 20meg with the package I'm on, considering my only other option would be BT/Be at much slower speeds due to distance from the exchange I'm happy paying that amount, was also happy paying £37 before I took the TV bundles too to be honest but don't tell them that :p.

Nicosia
13-06-2008, 18:31
i dont get capped during the day when i download only 4-9pm... the service is good, definatly better then any adsl isp

TraxData
13-06-2008, 18:39
i dont get capped during the day when i download only 4-9pm... the service is good, definatly better then any adsl isp

Yea, i mean, those people getting 16-24mbit and 2.5mbit upload without any stm, throttling etc on adsl+2 handle it, its so much better than a product that is only 5mbit with 20mbit speed bursts with all day stm...and more expensive, i just dont know how adsl+2 guys do it :p:

Nicosia
13-06-2008, 18:52
well for me i am 2.5km away from exchange so i dont see mroe then 5mbit with adsl.. so this is a big step up for me, and i am getting about 1.30MB//sec dl from sites the upload sucks but i never really need it for anything, i agree if i was close enought o exchange to get good speeds i might be with bethere definatly the smt thing sucks ur not allowed to user ur internet and they charge u more for it then say bethere who offer 4 more mbit down and beter upload for LESS money,cable is still faster though

dev
13-06-2008, 19:22
Yea, i mean, those people getting 16-24mbit and 2.5mbit upload without any stm, throttling etc on adsl+2 handle it, its so much better than a product that is only 5mbit with 20mbit speed bursts with all day stm...and more expensive, i just dont know how adsl+2 guys do it :p:

yea i mean those people getting 20mbit without hitting the stm, no throttling etc on vm handle it, its so much better than a product that is only 1mbit with 2mbit speed bursts with all day slowness and a rip off compared to people living in a different location, i just dont how vm customers handle it

see works both ways :p:

TraxData
13-06-2008, 19:44
yea i mean those people getting 20mbit without hitting the stm, no throttling etc on vm handle it, its so much better than a product that is only 1mbit with 2mbit speed bursts with all day slowness and a rip off compared to people living in a different location, i just dont how vm customers handle it

see works both ways :p:

Thus why my response was tongue in cheek :p:

Nicosia
13-06-2008, 19:46
yeah now i just removed the router i am getting 2.30MB/sec dl speeds :Dand the upload i am happy with that also 88kb/sec it maxes out at which is good enough for me ntl are the best definatly, no way would i ever get these kick ass speeds from crappy adsl :D and the smt 3GB is plenty 4-9 just do all ur dling after if ur a heavy downloader, i used to complain about ntl all the time when they only offered 1.5megs and never again will i after having used adsl for me that was a mistake, even with the caps its well worth the money.

TraxData
13-06-2008, 19:49
yeah now i just removed the router i am getting 2.30MB/sec dl speeds :Dand the upload i am happy with that also 88kb/sec it maxes out at which is good enough for me ntl are the best definatly, no way would i ever get these kick ass speeds from crappy adsl :D and the smt 3GB is plenty 4-9 just do all ur dling after if ur a heavy downloader, i used to complain about ntl all the time when they only offered 1.5megs and never again will i after having used adsl for me that was a mistake, even with the caps its well worth the money.

ADSL+2 is NOT crappy for a hell of alot of people you know :rolleyes:

I got 22mbit download and 2.5mbit upload when i was Be thankyou very much.

No caps, no application throttling.

Well worth the money? oooook enjoy being shaped, all day.

4-9 ? err no, STM is 10am-3pm then 4pm-9pm

Nicosia
13-06-2008, 19:56
yes they are the times but i download from like 8 am until 4pm and i dont get cappedonly when i dll from 4-9 i seem to be capped, well before today when i had the 2meg connection i admit the very low 300mb cap was annoying..

Of course for some people adsl is good, but for me i cant get more then 5mbit with adsl, so this is definatly the better option for me

BenMcr
13-06-2008, 19:56
Anyway in the end I think I will be paying £20/month with bethere.co.uk, if Virgin Media continue with there plan and introduce Phorm :td:.

I got a very interesting customer survey from be broadband last night.

One of the questions was basically finding out if people are going to be prepared to pay extra for a non traffic managed connection. The figure they quoted was £25. But I couldn't work out if that was £25 in addition to or instead of my current price

saabmania2
13-06-2008, 20:45
I would like to see the price come down to around £20 but generally I'm happy with the service I'm getting 18Meg at most times now, can't remember the last time i had been stm'd, but for me if i was to go to adsl or even adsl+2 i wouldn't get more than around 5 meg or so as my local exchange is about 2.5 miles away so god knows how long the cable that feeds it would be.
but I'm a happy virgin customer :D

Horace
13-06-2008, 20:48
the virgin media service isnt worth jack $heet.
think about it
they are useless
the service im on 20mb is down more than it is up
try to ring you may as well call the chicken call centers cos they cant speak a word of english

ffs virgin get ur ass and heads together.
were uk customers why patch us thru to packistan to a call center there ?!?!?!
where's the logic in that ffs

and why is my modem down 80% of the day

good job its a clone EH :)

freddy

So VM have started cabling under bridges now..ic.

Nicosia
13-06-2008, 21:03
I would like to see the price come down to around £20 but generally I'm happy with the service I'm getting 18Meg at most times now, can't remember the last time i had been stm'd, but for me if i was to go to adsl or even adsl+2 i wouldn't get more than around 5 meg or so as my local exchange is about 2.5 miles away so god knows how long the cable that feeds it would be.
but I'm a happy virgin customer :Dline and back to cable

well said, i to m very happy with cable and would never go back to adsl, i started off with cable moved to ukonline then back to cable

i amm to far from exchange to get anything good with adsl but now i get 20meg always unless i use my router then it gives me 10megs

saabmania2
13-06-2008, 22:13
well said, i to m very happy with cable and would never go back to adsl, i started off with cable moved to ukonline then back to cable

i amm to far from exchange to get anything good with adsl but now i get 20meg always unless i use my router then it gives me 10megs

hmmm yeah i was forced to go with bt line and broadband about 5 years ago we moved into a rented house in-between buying and it was a newly converted barn in a mews only about 10mts from the road where ntl (at the time) had cable running, but they refused to run cable to the property even though i said i would pay the complete cost but they wouldn't play ball so i had to go with bt and had sky the tv was ok couldn't really complain with that, but the phoneline was bad and the broadband was complete poop and i was only 950mts from the exchange, it was supposed to be a 512kb connection, at the time that was the fastest they did and the most i ever got from it was a massive 71kb i nearly got more out of the standard 56k modem.
thank god i moved!!:D

---------- Post added at 21:13 ---------- Previous post was at 21:10 ----------

So VM have started cabling under bridges now..ic.

:rofl::rofl:

Nicosia
13-06-2008, 22:55
i dident have to at the time ntl only had 1.5mbit and ukonline was the first to offer 8mbit with LLU so i went for it thinking ntl would never offer that fast not thinking about how crap adsl is i ignored everyone and went for it anyway, big mistake constant dropping of internet and thent he speed would drop to 3mbit and i kept having to reboot router using cable without phone lineis so much better and faster

r00t
13-06-2008, 23:06
Snap:LOL:

Me to :LOL: