PDA

View Full Version : Why dont VM offer a flexible "family pack" ?

jbrennand
07-06-2008, 23:26
Just looking at the new better value tariffs for VM customers. £30 buys you 1000 mins and 1000 texts. Would be great if VM offered this to be split over 4 SIMs (or pro-rata for 5 or more) and you could choose the split to suit the individual family members needs. e.g. I'd get....

Me - 350 mins + 100 Texts
Mrs - 350 mins + 100 texts
lass - 200 mins + 600 texts
Lad - 100 mins + 200 texts

4 consecutive numbers would be good too.

I'd go for that right now.

John

Nikesh
08-06-2008, 00:49
I totally agree with you. It would be great to share mins/texts with my family. We hardly use them hence why none of us are on contract, but if Virgin or any other provider did this we would move to it straight away. In America/Canada these 'family packs' are quite popular.

cybernetic_tiger
08-06-2008, 09:25
VM have enough billing issues with fixed rate billing put flexible into the mix and you would never be able to work out what was going on!

Angua
08-06-2008, 09:29
Must admit it would be nice, but as the whole mobile phone charging system is a total mine field of price packages regardless of the supplier I think this one is a long way off.

jbrennand
08-06-2008, 12:49
Must admit it would be nice, but as the whole mobile phone charging system is a total mine field of price packages regardless of the supplier I think this one is a long way off.

As Nikesh says - they are available in north America - but I guess that is a long way off :)

---------- Post added at 12:49 ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 ----------

VM have enough billing issues with fixed rate billing put flexible into the mix and you would never be able to work out what was going on!

How hard can it be ! All they have to do is put the allowances against the numbers - it's what they do now and they can change it easily whenever you want to change tariff.

John

chickendippers
08-06-2008, 18:03
From my experience Virgin Mobile's billing is very competent; they use completely seperate systems from the rest of Virgin Media.

zing_deleted
08-06-2008, 19:05
so who pays the bills when one of those go over and the others do not? do not see this as a feasible idea personally

piggy
08-06-2008, 20:48
the account would be in 1 name, much like your credit card

tweetypie/8
10-06-2008, 14:20

your spot on cyb.:tu:

PeteTheMusicGuy
10-06-2008, 15:06
You can add up to 6 phones on a BT Mobile account according to this http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do?topicId=23176

bmxbandit
10-06-2008, 15:15
4 consecutive numbers would be good too.
If you're very lucky, could happen anyway - my mum and I bought PAYG SIMs from Virgin Mobile, from the same shop at the same time. Our phone numbers we were given up being separated by 17 :p:

jbrennand
10-06-2008, 22:54
so who pays the bills when one of those go over and the others do not? do not see this as a feasible idea personally

It is one account - just that it would be sub-divided up into 4. So if the total allowance is exceeded the account holder pays the extra charge - just as it works now. The account holder then has the pleasure of bestowing maximum vengance upon the family member who transgressed ! 1 month of washing up for you my lad ! I like it more and more:)

John

SMHarman
11-06-2008, 00:25
As others have said, this is common over here. You pay for a family talk plan and then an extra $9.95 a line, the minutes and texts etc are on a first come first served basis rather than you needing to apportion in advance.
http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/cell-phone-plans/family-cell-phone-plans.jsp?_requestid=20414
Was just thinking but Orange used to do this, or was it that they just allowed multiple phones in the same house to go on the same bill.
Just looking at my last Orange Pay Monthly bill and I was listed as being on Core Plan 19 so I guess that was a legacy contract style.

m419
29-06-2008, 22:08
Why not launch a petition?

Everytime I get people to moan to Virgin Mobile by email, they always send it to the feedback team and do something to resolve it.

AndyCambs
29-06-2008, 22:33
I'm on £10 per month for 300 minutes and 300 SMS.
With tariffs like that, there's no economic sense to add a sharing tariff.

BenMcr
05-07-2008, 15:15
Orange did used to do a multi-phone thing. But that was about 11 years ago and probably cost £40/£50 a month to do.

BexTech
08-07-2008, 13:52
If you're very lucky, could happen anyway - my mum and I bought PAYG SIMs from Virgin Mobile, from the same shop at the same time. Our phone numbers we were given up being separated by 17 :p:

Virgin Mobile often give away free PAYG SIMS, I've had several batches of 4 where all 4 have been consecutive.

You can always turn PAYG SIMs into contract and back if needed.

Angua
08-07-2008, 14:01
Orange did used to do a multi-phone thing. But that was about 11 years ago and probably cost £40/£50 a month to do.

Actually it was pretty reasonable. A colleague is still on this and only pays for the calls made, which for her is around £2 pcm. Shame you cannot get this deal any more. :(