PDA

View Full Version : upgrading and prices

Nicosia
04-06-2008, 19:29
Hi,

I currently have the 2mbit virgin cable connection and when i signed up it was during the offer of pay £4.50 a month for 12 months i think?

anyway now that the upgrade has completed in my area i would like to upgrade to the 10mbit, will i still be paying the special offer for the 10mbit? or if i upgrade will i be paying normal monthly cost?

also is there a way i can see how much of the dl i am likely to see? or do i upgrade and hope for the best? i am in the cambridge area ( milton road )

TIA

xspeedyx
04-06-2008, 23:06
you will pay a xtra 7 pounds a month so you will reieve the special offer just pay the xtra

Nicosia
04-06-2008, 23:35
thnx for your reply, i dont mind paying the extra i used to be with ntl then moved to ukonline as soon as they offerd 8mbit which was a mistake but i neve had a problem with ntl and maybe once in all the years since ntl only offered 512kbit download had a problem, so definaty better then adsl even though adsl is cheaper but its worth the money to not have internet cut off every 5 seconds or a phone line that cant handle more then 5mbit being 2.5km away from exchange. i regret leaving ntl for adsl.

will they increas the dl limit now its upgraded speed to 10mbit or will it stay the same? now with day and night caps it might be better to upgrade to the 20mbit for more dl limit, its 3GB for the limit between 10am and 3pm then 4 - 9pm? so i have an hour to dl as much as i want before the next time for capping sets in, but with 10mbit?

it would be good if there was a site to see how much u will roughly be able to dl @ like see if i would get full 20mbit or 10mbit, my adsl line kept dropping out with 24mbit and even when they dropped the line to 11mbit, the same so im cautious about upgrading to the 10 or even 20

techyguy4
05-06-2008, 06:33
traffic mgmt: between 4 to 9 p.m.( and 10 to 3 as well)

Size 2 meg: download 300MB
upload: 150 MB
D/L speed: 1Mb
Upload: 128kbps

Size 4 meg: Download 800MB
Upload: 325 MB
D/L speed: 1Mb
Upload: 128kbps

Size 20meg: Download 3GB
Upload: 1250 MB
D/L speed: 5Mb
Upload : 192kbps

for checking the download you have done, you can install DU Meter.

hope this helps.

Nicosia
05-06-2008, 18:09
thanks thats a great help,much apreciated, so the 4,now in my area 10 the limit stays the same?

frogstamper
05-06-2008, 18:18
thanks thats a great help,much apreciated, so the 4,now in my area 10 the limit stays the same?

I'm not sure of the amounts but you do get a bit extra when it goes from 4mb to 10mb. Also don't forget these are not caps, you can continue down/up-loading but it will be at the reduced speed for five hours, before returning to normal again.:)