PDA

View Full Version : replacement modem problem , help!!

jojo3972
03-06-2008, 01:30
hi

my mother in law got a new modem last week the little black one cos her old one is was broke and it is yrs old, well i tried putting it on yesterday and hit a blank all i am getting is sync light flashing, so i rings help line to get past from india to uk about 4 times by this point im well annoyed.

so the nice indian lady then tell me its gona take 24 hours to sort it out and to ring bk today ok fair enough i will do that, yer ok so i thought be all sorted today how wrong was i, another 3 hours on the fone :mad: and the sync light is still flashing i have been told so many difrent things i dunno wat the problem is and i realy dont think they do, i hate having to ring them cos u have to go through the same thing every time and then get passed to customer service as the indian people cant sort it out.

does anybody know wat the problem could be as hte internet was fine b4 the new modem got put on, i am gonna ring bk tomoro as i got no were today for 3 hours and iw as about to explode so came off the fone, any help will be much appreciated , thnx, jox

v0id
03-06-2008, 02:59
Did you phone the activation line to register your new modems MAC address
(or try going to https://autoreg.autoregister.net/ if you live in an exntl area)

grahalex
03-06-2008, 08:05
Have a look at my post here http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/62/33632789-can-t-get-online-new-ambit.html

Is it an Ambit 256 modem ?

Angry@VMedia
03-06-2008, 09:26
If they have sent your mother-in-law a modem through the post, she will have to ring up to get the MAC address changed over from the old MAC to the new one, you can find the MAC address on the underneath of the modem, and if this is the case, call up Tech Support, and tell them you need them to remove the old MAC from their system and add the new one :)

Milambar
03-06-2008, 19:46
I guess I was lucky, when I had a tech visit, not only did he replace something inside the little brown box on the front wall of the house (something about rebalancing the forward path), he replaced the modem, AND called into the office to get the MAC changed for me. Total downtime, 15 minutes.

jojo3972
04-06-2008, 02:05
hi thnx for reply,
i rang n got mac adres done on sunday, tried the online reg thing but couldnt get thta to show page for sum reason, anyways got hold of man in wales today and he said it needs balancing or sumthing and the settings are all wrong so was gonna sort it out but as of 5 tonight it stillw asnt on so bk on the fone i go tomoro,jox