PDA

View Full Version : Cancelling the broadband

HowardCanning
31-05-2008, 15:42
What's the procedure for cancelling my broadband services but retaining the phone and TV? Is it as simple as adding/upgrading, in that I phone them and they deactivate it? I don't want to cancel the entire Virgin Media contract

Hugh
31-05-2008, 15:47
How long have you had the contract?

If it's less than 12 months, you may have to pay the balance of the contract.

If not, you just ring up and cancel the broadband - it may be a little more complex than that if your BB was part of a deal, so you may have to renegotiate.

v0id
31-05-2008, 16:51
Doesn't matter if you're still within contract if you're retaining the telco and TV service, unless the BB is a part of a package deal.
What they will do, is probably put you through to customer relations to "see what they can do about keeping your BB custom"

HowardCanning
31-05-2008, 17:34
OK cool, will give it a shot when the time comes.

With regards to "keeping my BB custom" they can chop the price in half, that'd keep my business ;)

nexy33
31-05-2008, 22:07
i would assume like most contracts though they are obligated to maintain a certain lvl of service else the contract would be void ?

Jelly Bean
31-05-2008, 23:49
Ring free to Virginmedia by dialing 150 from a virgin landline or cell phone.You can usaly cancel one of your services free of any chrages.