PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading from Sky to Sky+

Raistlin
29-05-2008, 17:07
Ok, so.....having been away with work and (due to technical difficulties, operator error, and sheer bad luck) missed many of the programs that I like to watch regularly (thus leaving me in the dark and a week behind on most of the stories) I've decide to make the change to Sky+

I've looked on Sky's site and they seem to want £99 for the box and a £60 install fee.

Has anybody successfully managed to negotiate a lower rate with them, either by agreeing to upgrade their package or by asking nicely, or do they tend to stick largely to their guns on that cost?

Anybody managed to get the upgrade for free? If so, what tactics did you use?

I'm thinking I might cancel my subscription completely, wait a few weeks, and then re-subscribe (to get the free installation that they're offering new customers) - has anybody gone down that route?

Cheers :)

dcclanuk
29-05-2008, 17:46
If you are prepared to pay £0, you might be able to get it;)

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=935887

^^^ and you are sorted:dozey:

handyman
29-05-2008, 18:30
I bought mine from a nice chap off the internet.

Does the following:

BOX WITH 160GB HD + QUAD + P&P FOR £115.50
BOX WITH 200GB HD + QUAD + P&P FOR £120.50
BOX WITH 250GB HD + QUAD + P&P FOR £129.50

I got some twin cable with connectors for it as well which was a couple of quid more. All I had to do was click of fthe old lnb and connect the new one. Replace the single cable with twin cable and twist on 4 connectors and all has been fine. Having such a large amount of storage is great. If you want his email let me know and I'll pm it over.

the-cable-guy
29-05-2008, 20:53
I bought mine from a nice chap off the internet.

Does the following:

BOX WITH 160GB HD + QUAD + P&P FOR £115.50
BOX WITH 200GB HD + QUAD + P&P FOR £120.50
BOX WITH 250GB HD + QUAD + P&P FOR £129.50

I got some twin cable with connectors for it as well which was a couple of quid more. All I had to do was click of fthe old lnb and connect the new one. Replace the single cable with twin cable and twist on 4 connectors and all has been fine. Having such a large amount of storage is great. If you want his email let me know and I'll pm it over.

thats not cheap at all its expensive.

Tezcatlipoca
29-05-2008, 23:23
I thought the purpose of this thread was to advise Raistlin on upgrading from Sky to Sky+?

Rather than, for example, to engage in arguments, & discuss red reps...

Please stop now, everyone, & get back on topic...

EDIT: Oh, & I've removed a few posts from this thread to clean it up. Please keep to the topic.

greencreeper
30-05-2008, 01:20
My boss at work did the recommend a friend thing - we each got £50 of M&S vouchers. They usual do some sort of scheme :erm: Can't recall how much I paid but I wouldn't be without it. I'd miss all my favourite TV. It does have a fit now and then, but I suppose it's like any partner :p:

Paul K
30-05-2008, 06:18
You will need to either use the referal system or you can try your luck with retentions, the Sky+ box actually costs Sky a lot more money than the £99 they are asking for it.

the-cable-guy
08-05-2010, 19:02
roflmao

Sasha222
08-05-2010, 19:10
Ok, so.....having been away with work and (due to technical difficulties, operator error, and sheer bad luck) missed many of the programs that I like to watch regularly (thus leaving me in the dark and a week behind on most of the stories) I've decide to make the change to Sky+

I've looked on Sky's site and they seem to want £99 for the box and a £60 install fee.

Has anybody successfully managed to negotiate a lower rate with them, either by agreeing to upgrade their package or by asking nicely, or do they tend to stick largely to their guns on that cost?

Anybody managed to get the upgrade for free? If so, what tactics did you use?

I'm thinking I might cancel my subscription completely, wait a few weeks, and then re-subscribe (to get the free installation that they're offering new customers) - has anybody gone down that route?

Cheers :)

Tell them that your leaving as you cant afford to pay that amount for the box and tell them that you really like being with sky but under the cirumstances that you have to leave and dont give up on the first person that you talk to if you dont get a good result. They dont want to lose any of there customers. Hope this helps :D

andymo
05-06-2010, 23:16
If you are prepared to pay £0, you might be able to get it;)

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=935887

^^^ and you are sorted:dozey:

You bet am sorted. LMAO, this is too good to be true.

superbiatch
05-06-2010, 23:20
You bet am sorted. LMAO, this is too good to be true.

It probably is then IMO, note the date of the post ;)

andymo
06-06-2010, 22:07
It probably is then IMO, note the date of the post ;)
Sorry about that! Download Failed (1)