PDA

View Full Version : !!!Good News!!!

Mr Clean
27-05-2008, 21:38
Evening all ;)

Just had to post this little message to say that everything is working fine with Virgin Media.

Telephone has never had an issue since it was installed by NTL years back.

Broadband is just sweet, 20Mb constant. I avoid the cap during peak times and limit my downloads to other hours of the day but never had a major issue with it. (As of yet)

TV had a problem last week after a software upgrade to the set-top-box I believe and the box kicked the bucket big time. Phonecall to faults at 11:00am Monday morning, Engineer arrived 11:36am same morning, new box, hey presto! Quality service as I've always experienced from NTL/Virgin staff over the years, even when talking to the folks over in India. Some of them are sharp. ;)

Just thought I'd let you know that not all is dire.

Cheers :beer:

xspeedyx
27-05-2008, 22:24
Evening all ;)

Just had to post this little message to say that everything is working fine with Virgin Media.

Broadband is just sweet, 20Mb constant. I avoid the cap during peak times and limit my downloads to other hours of the day but never had a major issue with it. (As of yet)

TV had a problem last week after a software upgrade to the set-top-box I believe and the box kicked the bucket big time. Phonecall to faults at 11:00am Monday morning, Engineer arrived 11:36am same morning, new box, hey presto! Quality service as I've always experienced from NTL/Virgin staff over the years, even when talking to the folks over in India. Some of them are sharp. ;)

Like alot of peeps you have a good service. Glad to hear your happy

G UK
27-05-2008, 22:42
Evening all ;)

Yes, always good to here from those that have a good service as I myself always have. There's always going to be more people complain on a help forum but the fact that some will compliment as well should say that something is right.

Berealwith
27-05-2008, 22:50
Unless you can get it cheaper elsewhere, lol.....it pays to shop around :LOL:

G UK
27-05-2008, 23:01
Unless you can get it cheaper elsewhere, lol.....it pays to shop around :LOL:

Thers always one;), Yes it is worth shopping around but if you get the service you want for the price you want then why bother. If you move you risk destroying what you have already. Who knows if you will get the same service from a new supplier, I'm happy with my known quantity Thank You. ;)

Virgin gives me what I want (except phorm). I'm out of contract and can move if necessary

1) I dont care for home phone and will be getting shot once this Phorm business gets cleared up.
2) I live far enough away from the exchange that Virgin are the only people who can provide me with a decent connection.
3) I dont watch a great deal of TV including not watching sports and movies. Virgins L TV is fine for most of my viewing needs as some of the channels I like to watch are not on Freeview or Freesat

I simply cannot get any other combination at a cheaper price at the moment.

Caster
27-05-2008, 23:29
I have some good news aswell. My computer still works and my fridge is still keeping my milk cold.:tu:

G UK
27-05-2008, 23:32
Hussah!!! Good for you :D

Gary L
28-05-2008, 00:09
I avoid the cap during peak times and limit my downloads to other hours of the day

Good to hear you helping the neighbours out.

frogstamper
28-05-2008, 04:54
Evening all ;)

I'm also in the same situation as you Mr Clean, almost twenty years of good service going back to the old Nynex days, apart from a few minor problems I'm very satisfied. The tv has never been a problem except once a couple months back, due to pixillation, phoned up VM an engineer came the next day and fixed the problem. The phone has always been OK and I always get over 19mb on my broadband. I expect there are many like us Mr Clean who receive a good service, the silent majority.:)