PDA

View Full Version : 4mg Cable will not connect

b00gyman
27-05-2008, 11:18
Hi

Apologies that i dont have any technical specs besides that of the PC itself as i am enquiring on behalf of a friend.

Background, last Thursday there was a power outage for around 40 minutes at my friends, when the power came back on she tried to connect her internet and was diverted to the virgin media server requesting that she register the account, (which is strange since it was working before that)

The 2 screens she has been presented with are the "Which area are you" and the "please enter last name and postcode"

she has entered her last name (as shown on her account) and postcode but get the message that there is no customer by that name.

After contacting Virgin she went through the troubleshooting which turned up nothing as all the lights on her modem are the way they should be and sent and engineer out to her on Monday.

The engineer has said that they believe the problem is on their end but could not give any expected resolution time as he was confused himself as to what it could be.

Any idea's? or is it just a matter of waiting to see what happens?

B

---------- Post added at 10:18 ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 ----------

My friend txt me earlier to tell me she called Virgin this morning to ask whats going on and was told she could only contact them regarding the issue after 5pm

whats that about?.....they just stalling so she has to pay 25ppm to talk to someone who will go through the same runaround they went through before...

jonbr
27-05-2008, 11:46
Hi

My friend txt me earlier to tell me she called Virgin this morning to ask whats going on and was told she could only contact them regarding the issue after 5pm

Some times I wonder what the support staff are thinking when they make statements like this. Get your friend to call them again, she is very unlikely to get the ame person, and so will get a different answer. If she does get the same same answer, ask them why!

Oh, and if the connection is down more than 48 hours, get her to call them and ask for compensation after they have fixed it. I've done very well out of that in the past ;)

b00gyman
27-05-2008, 11:52
Yeah its been down since Thursday afternoon so we are going on almost a week now, which they really should have thought about before chasing her for the bill.....

jonbr
28-05-2008, 14:03
Ask your friend to call them back and ask to talk to some one to make a complaint/cancel. When put thrpough to cancellations, explain to them what has happened and then ask them to put you though to the UK call centre with respect to this specific issue.

I had an issue once and the Indian call centre I got through to kept asking for my IP address (I wasn't getting one as my cable modem would not connect and they would not take my MAC address instead!). I told them I wanted to cancel and then asked cancellations to put me onto the UK call centre. I got a very helpful gentleman who resolved my problem within a few minutes.

b00gyman
29-05-2008, 10:22
My friend contacted them after 5 like they stated and was told they were sending some kind of patch through the line which seems to have worked as she was online very soon after. Strange thought that it takes that long to diagnose what i would have believed to be a simple solution to a simple problem, if thats all it took to resolve..

All is well and ends well i guess!

B