PDA

View Full Version : Cost of calling 0906 number from mobile?

octave
19-05-2008, 19:48
I am yet to call Tech support 0906 number to report fault. Since I don't have landline, it has to be from one of my PAYG mobile sims. I guess I may make use of the free ones I have at the moment (Orange, T-mobile, Vodafone and Virgin).

Does anyone know the exact cost per minute of calling this VM Tech support number 0906 212 1111 from different mobile networks? I called some network operators who could only give a (wide) range of premium-rate call costs. Would I be right to assume that calling this from Virgin Mobile would be the cheapest?

Since we live in a shared house, this cost will be shared and it's prudent to give details of approximate costs to everyone beforehand I think.

Many thanks.

xspeedyx
19-05-2008, 20:04
I am yet to call Tech support 0906 number to report fault. Since I don't have landline, it has to be from one of my PAYG mobile sims. I guess I may make use of the free ones I have at the moment (Orange, T-mobile, Vodafone and Virgin).

Does anyone know the exact cost per minute of calling this VM Tech support number 0906 212 1111 from different mobile networks? I called some network operators who could only give a (wide) range of premium-rate call costs. Would I be right to assume that calling this from Virgin Mobile would be the cheapest?

Since we live in a shared house, this cost will be shared and it's prudent to give details of approximate costs to everyone beforehand I think.

Many thanks.

As far as I know its around 80 p/m

v0id
19-05-2008, 21:01
I thought VM had dropped the premium tech support line :/

Edit

Oh, not yet it seems

.....To call our new broadband technical support number from 1st June, just dial
151 for free from your Virgin Phone or 0845 454 1111* from any other phone.

Milambar
22-05-2008, 19:19
I called the 0906 number from a vodafone PAYG phone once. It charged me £1.89/minute. Never again. Next time I need to call in, I'll just call disconnections, and go with BT instead.

octave
25-05-2008, 23:05
Many thanks everyone. I found on the web that Orange PAYG to be among the cheapest at 50p/min if that helps.

Could anyone suggest the best time to call them to avoid long waiting time and ensure someone is there to take the call? Do they offer 24/7 service?

whydoIneedatech
25-05-2008, 23:10
Many thanks everyone. I found on the web that Orange PAYG to be among the cheapest at 50p/min if that helps.

Could anyone suggest the best time to call them to avoid long waiting time and ensure someone is there to take the call? Do they offer 24/7 service?

Yes the call center is open 24/7 and from 1st June you can call free from a Virgin landline.

moaningmags
26-05-2008, 02:41

There is no waiting time, it's a premium rate number.
Yes 24/7

smeagoly1
26-05-2008, 09:21
I would have thought, the company would at least done free calls from it's own registered Mobiles. But looks like no, hope i am wrong. Penalises VM ADSL users no end then.

I can understand charging from other companies networks, but even so, some of those call charges are a ripoff.