PDA

View Full Version : outage in Brighton (BN41) ?

Craig_e
13-05-2008, 17:46
My Vbox (only provides my internet internet access) and I reset it as it seemed to have have stopped and would not connect to any websites. The box went through some update process and then wouldn't do anything. It's now stuck on "Ld20"

My V+ box then stopped working and after a reboot is now stuck on "Powering Up...just a moment"

Finally my VM landline has stopped working :mad:

The thing is this does not suprise me from VM anymore.....Has anyone else got this problem or have they been 'playing' around with my account....

---------- Post added at 16:46 ---------- Previous post was at 16:39 ----------

looks like its an outage:

Ticket
Ticket Number 709456
Time Stamp 13/05/2008 17:35
Priority MSO
Status Opened
Department Outage Surveillence Team
Estimated Time Fix 4 Hours
Customers Affected Broadband Internet, Dial Up Internet, Telephone, Analogue TV, Digital TV
Raised By Philip Warlow
Postcode Areas BR1
Placename Brighton - all areasDetailed
Description We would like to advise some of our customers of the following service affecting issue/s. Customers in Brighton and surrounding areas may be experiencing a loss of Virgin Internet service/s. Our engineers are aware of this issue and are working to restore service as soon as possible. Virgin Media would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused.

homealone
13-05-2008, 17:46
from the newsgroup

Name : Philip Warlow, Outage Surveillence Team
Ticket Number : 709456
Estimated Resolution : 4 Hours
Priority : MSO
Services Affected: Broadband Internet, Dial Up Internet, Telephone, Analogue TV, Digital TV

Description :
We would like to advise some of our customers of
the following service affecting issue/s. Customers
in Brighton and surrounding areas may be
experiencing a loss of Virgin Internet service/s.
Our engineers are aware of this issue and are
working to restore service as soon as possible.
Virgin Media would like to apologise for any
inconvenience caused.

For more details on service affecting issues, visit our
website at http://status-cable.virginmedia.com/vmstatus/summary.do

looks like you beat me to it ;)

PowerUser
14-05-2008, 18:53
I Don't know what they've done to fix this outage, But since it came back online yesterday i've only had a 50% service all afternoon, even using giganews...:confused: :( :(

What's the point is calling CS :english::mad: PLEASE...

So my once great 20Mbit connection is now,..:td:

Thanks alot Virgin.. A RUINED service and someone who can't speak english properly telling me everything is now ok, even though web pages take forever to complete!.... :fit: :fit:

Honestly they need a GOOD :bsmack:

HSp8
15-05-2008, 10:46
my 20Mbit was fine this morning using Giganews

a bit peeved, as wife (quite rightly) thought that switching off power and turning on would solve it the other day - but instead it buggered up my Tivo