PDA

View Full Version : Stoke on Trent down AGAIN

Stokerockscene
10-05-2008, 13:51
For the second time this week Stoke on Trent postcodes are experiencing a loss of broadband and digital tv services.

The sync light on my CM seems to be always flashing recently and Stoke is getting worse and worse. Several engineers have told me that quite a few of the highly populated area's in Stoke have major problems with over subscription especially ST6 and area's around Staffordshire University.

Any others on here in Stoke fed up of this sh*t?

broadbandbug
10-05-2008, 15:09
For the second time this week Stoke on Trent postcodes are experiencing a loss of broadband and digital tv services.

The sync light on my CM seems to be always flashing recently and Stoke is getting worse and worse. Several engineers have told me that quite a few of the highly populated area's in Stoke have major problems with over subscription especially ST6 and area's around Staffordshire University.

Any others on here in Stoke fed up of this sh*t?

It is probably because Stoke is full of cloners:D

bliss
10-05-2008, 17:50
No problems here at all in my area of ST6. Connection has been rock solid for months.

Jumborat
10-05-2008, 19:15
Mine went down in Tunstall at around 10.30am. There was nothing on the status line about this area so I rang the 0906 number and an engineer visit was booked as there was supposedly no outage around here.

At around 1.45pm I checked my modem and I was back on and was in the middle of replying to this when it went off again. I rang the status line again and it was saying there were problems in the ST1 & ST6 areas.

I've just got back on.

Gotta cancel the appointment now.

Stokerockscene
12-05-2008, 08:29
Sync light on my modem is still flashing ffs, and if i unplug the coax cable from my modem it turns everything off - tv upstairs and downstairs........is this supposed to happen?

Got an engineer coming tomorrow morning, modem is probably dead.

Stokerockscene
12-05-2008, 16:53
Engineer is booked for 8-12AM tomorrow, but i've fixed it myself due to being fed up of waiting.

The splitter that splits the input coax between my CM250 and the Samsung STB is broke.

If i do direct input from the wall into my modem it works, plug the coax from the splitter into the modem and bah....sync light goes nuts.

So this means i cannot watch tv and use the net at the same time, will mr engineer have a new splitter for me?

whydoIneedatech
12-05-2008, 17:10
Engineer is booked for 8-12AM tomorrow, but i've fixed it myself due to being fed up of waiting.

The splitter that splits the input coax between my CM250 and the Samsung STB is broke.

If i do direct input from the wall into my modem it works, plug the coax from the splitter into the modem and bah....sync light goes nuts.

So this means i cannot watch tv and use the net at the same time, will mr engineer have a new splitter for me?

Yes that is something engineers carry as standard.