PDA

View Full Version : Cfos Speed

kirk1690
04-05-2008, 13:38
I tried downloading this traffic management programme to give it a go and hopefully counteract virgins own stm but surprise surprise pc guard classes it as a virus , of course that wont stop me loading it but seems its one rule for them and another for us . prob rubbish anyway but worth a go.:monkey:

Hugh
04-05-2008, 13:47
???

How will it "mask" how much you download/upload?

kirk1690
04-05-2008, 13:50
???

How will it "mask" how much you download/upload?
havent a clue but al give a try and get back to you tho i dont think its designed to mask for heavy downloaders just to improve speed when speeds are being reduced.

dev
04-05-2008, 13:52
not going to work and i wouldnt touch anything that says it does

kirk1690
04-05-2008, 14:33
not going to work and i wouldnt touch anything that says it does
well iv installed it and my upload and download speeds have improved and my surfing speed is unbelievably fast and thats with utorrent downloading at the moment which usually grinds my surfing to a halt so thanks bitsoup . The surfing speed alone while downloading is all i was really looking for;)

Jon T
04-05-2008, 16:17
If it's this: http://www.cfos.de/speed/cfosspeed_e.htm that you've downloaded, it's just a connection optimisation program, it will not "hide" the amount of data that you have downloaded over your VM connection, and therefore it will also not "sidestep" the VM STM system.

kirk1690
04-05-2008, 17:08
If it's this: http://www.cfos.de/speed/cfosspeed_e.htm that you've downloaded, it's just a connection optimisation program, it will not "hide" the amount of data that you have downloaded over your VM connection, and therefore it will also not "sidestep" the VM STM system.
yes i understand that , im not a heavy downloader and have no wish to side step anything just to improve surfing and dl speeds and it certainly does that . try it and be amazed.:angel:

cimt
04-05-2008, 17:19
well iv installed it and my upload and download speeds have improved and my surfing speed is unbelievably fast and thats with utorrent downloading at the moment which usually grinds my surfing to a halt so thanks bitsoup . The surfing speed alone while downloading is all i was really looking for;)
If torrents are killing your speed then change the upload speed to 1 from 0. It puts your speed back to normal.

kirk1690
04-05-2008, 17:22
If torrents are killing your speed then change the upload speed to 1 from 0. It puts your speed back to normal.
CHEERS:dunce:

dev
04-05-2008, 19:54

i was refering to it helping when VM reduce your speed and as others have said if torrents are killing your connection reduce the upload limit and it'll help a lot

kirk1690
04-05-2008, 21:36
i was refering to it helping when VM reduce your speed and as others have said if torrents are killing your connection reduce the upload limit and it'll help a lotWELL I THINK YOUR WRONG , IT WORKS FOR ME , THE PROOF OF THE PUDDING ;)

Toto
04-05-2008, 22:46
kirk1960, do yourself a favour too, and dump that POS pcguard, its as much use as a chocolate fireguard.

ceedee
04-05-2008, 23:04
And watch out for your torrent ratios dropping through the floor -- you've set your torrent upload speed to just 1kB/s.
You should be able to allocate up to 70% of your available upload speed without it affecting your browsing.

kirk1690
05-05-2008, 00:07
kirk1960, do yourself a favour too, and dump that POS pcguard, its as much use as a chocolate fireguard. how so ?

dev
05-05-2008, 01:00
WELL I THINK YOUR WRONG , IT WORKS FOR ME , THE PROOF OF THE PUDDING ;)

so you're saying that when i get STMd down to 5mb i can install cfos and get 20mb back? :rolleyes:

kirk1690
05-05-2008, 01:55
kirk1960, do yourself a favour too, and dump that POS pcguard, its as much use as a chocolate fireguard.
why does everyone always knock pc guard , whats the evidence for its so called uselessness , you"re not going to tell me avg is the best. Freebie lovers always knock pay for programmes , I dont pay for it anyway its included in vip package but it seems to detect plenty of viruses and spyware and boy iv had my share of them so get of the bandwagon and leave pc guard alone . chinese whispers:p: