PDA

View Full Version : Odd Ping Responses

hedgie
02-05-2008, 10:25
Hi all,

Just a quick query. I have a in all normal respects a good reliable 2Mb line, relaible TV and phone. However when I occasionally try to use my office VPN connection it(the VPN) keeps dropping out.

Apparently when someone pings my pc the responses are really erratic, which is causing the VPN to drop out.

Any hints?

Regards,

M

Richy99
05-05-2008, 13:32
speak to the guys who setup the network inyour office as it isnt really a VM issue

Jonathan90
05-05-2008, 13:58
Richy i do think its vm, quality business line against virgin residentail line no chance a slight increase of usage on the ubr can cause higher pings

hedgie
07-05-2008, 08:22
Richy i do think its vm, quality business line against virgin residentail line no chance a slight increase of usage on the ubr can cause higher pings

Ok thanks, the IT team told me it was a circuit fault and I should contact BT. Despite my protestions that I was on a Cable Circuit ! So I do have doubts about their attention to detail. Anything specific in the config that I should ask them to look at?

What is a UBR?

Thanks in advance.

M

whydoIneedatech
07-05-2008, 08:33
Ok thanks, the IT team told me it was a circuit fault and I should contact BT. Despite my protestions that I was on a Cable Circuit ! So I do have doubts about their attention to detail. Anything specific in the config that I should ask them to look at?

What is a UBR?

Thanks in advance.

M

Universal Broadband Router is what you and your neighbours ( a few thousand ) are all connected to too.