PDA

View Full Version : Please help - VM Broadband On and Off

okbla
27-04-2008, 14:05
Had the telewest cable broadband (now part of virginmedia), since last week, when i start the computer, the signal of the adapter shows its connected to the internet, while it didn't really, I have to switch off and on the router to connect to the internet.

The next time when I start the computer I have to do the same again to reboot the router (it used to connect to the internet automatically)

Does anyone have any idea where probably going wrong? My model, or because of the provider?

Thanks in advance!
J

webcrawler2050
27-04-2008, 15:40
Speak to Technical Support / customer services and ask for a replacement modem :)

moaningmags
27-04-2008, 15:56
Speak to Technical Support / customer services and ask for a replacement modem :)

How is the modem at fault?

OP said "the signal of the adapter shows its connected to the internet"

His comp says he has a wireless connection but won't let him use it until he reboots the router.
My sister on ADSL had the same issue, solved by uninstalling and reinstalling her wireless adaptor.
If there's something I'm missing please spell it out for me. :confused:

Mags

whydoIneedatech
27-04-2008, 17:39
Had the telewest cable broadband (now part of virginmedia), since last week, when i start the computer, the signal of the adapter shows its connected to the internet, while it didn't really, I have to switch off and on the router to connect to the internet.

The next time when I start the computer I have to do the same again to reboot the router (it used to connect to the internet automatically)

Does anyone have any idea where probably going wrong? My model, or because of the provider?

Thanks in advance!
J

What modem do you have?

What router do you have?

What package do you have?

Can you access the configuration pages of your modem?
enter 192.168.100.1 into the address bar and check what the power levels are in your modem and post them here.

---------- Post added at 17:39 ---------- Previous post was at 17:37 ----------

How can you ask for a replacement modem when you have not first had the fault diagnosed, it could be the router or the green cabinet or many other reasons!

techyguy4
27-04-2008, 19:21

J

Since you are rebooting the router and not the modem, it indicates that the issue lies at the router's end. Reinstalling the drivers for the wireless adapter is a good idea. You can give it a go.