PDA

View Full Version : Summertime...and the living is....?

Vlad_Dracul
26-04-2008, 19:12
Easy ?

Well if it is you are lucky.

If you live in many inner cities in this country then there are some things you can be sure of as soon as there is a hint of Summer..

(1) Chavvy neighbours who think that sunshine is an indicator of a need for loud music blaring out of their doors and windows along with Bass beats to make your walls rumble.

(2) Bullet headed yobs driving round with music blaring

(3)Certain elements driving even more wrecklessly

(4) Drunks roaming the streets

(5)The strange sub culture of walking round the streets with a can of something alcoholic

(6) packs of youths roaming and getting drunk in the local park

Or is it just me? Can anyone ad to the least of Summertime peculiarities in this blighted land of ours?

papa smurf
26-04-2008, 20:29
well i think you've nailed it, it does seem to trigger some primeval urges in chave kind[sub human turds ] but it allso wakes up my urge to thump them, and a few choice words whilst holding them by the throat usualy does the trick, i do wonder thou where the unemployed get the money to buy a case of beer, well [carling] every day so they can sit on there sofas[taken from living room and deposited on road] and get ratted whilst i have to work

kryogenik
26-04-2008, 20:41
It's warm.
You want your windows/back door open.
Sit in the garden maybe?

Only doable if you love to hear happy hardcore banging out on a naff, over bass'd system straining at the loudspeakers whilst tattooed, skin-headed numbskulls smash bottles against the wall each time they finish a white lightning..

Ah the joys of summer!

papa smurf
26-04-2008, 20:54
2 years ago i installed air con in my bedroom because when its warm i cant open the windows cos theres chavs sitting in the street till about 3am boozing and playing that p poor banging crud of an appology for music, and i got peed off with getting out of bed and giving them a gob full[ i think i should have the right to shoot them after11pm]:mad:

frogstamper
26-04-2008, 21:45
My god that sounds like a living nightmare, I hate listening to other peoples music at the best of times, but to have numerous neighbours blasting out this rubbish with their windows wide open must be intolerable. Surely its illegal isn't it to be blaring out music at night, cant the police make the morons turn it off? It makes me realise how lucky I am to have decent neighbours, and anyone who is subjected to this "torture" has my complete sympathies. The truly awful thing is these morons set their own children this awful "I'm alright Jack, so sod the rest" attitude, so its a never ending circle of selfishness. If I had my way Id move all these selfish gits onto some deserted sink-estate so they had each other for neighbors and see how they liked it.:rant:

papa smurf
26-04-2008, 22:00
My god that sounds like a living nightmare, I hate listening to other peoples music at the best of times, but to have numerous neighbours blasting out this rubbish with their windows wide open must be intolerable. Surely its illegal isn't it to be blaring out music at night, cant the police make the morons turn it off? It makes me realise how lucky I am to have decent neighbours, and anyone who is subjected to this "torture" has my complete sympathies. The truly awful thing is these morons set their own children this awful "I'm alright Jack, so sod the rest" attitude, so its a never ending circle of selfishness. If I had my way Id move all these selfish gits onto some deserted sink-estate so they had each other for neighbors and see how they liked it.:rant:

they get thrown out of the sink estates and rent private housing ,and destroy descent neighbourhoods, because thats what **** do.

Enuff
26-04-2008, 22:00
Didn't you mean Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter and the living is sleazy?

DocDutch
26-04-2008, 23:08
Easy ?

Well if it is you are lucky.

If you live in many inner cities in this country then there are some things you can be sure of as soon as there is a hint of Summer..

(1) Chavvy neighbours who think that sunshine is an indicator of a need for loud music blaring out of their doors and windows along with Bass beats to make your walls rumble.

(2) Bullet headed yobs driving round with music blaring

(3)Certain elements driving even more wrecklessly

(4) Drunks roaming the streets

(5)The strange sub culture of walking round the streets with a can of something alcoholic

(6) packs of youths roaming and getting drunk in the local park

Or is it just me? Can anyone ad to the least of Summertime peculiarities in this blighted land of ours?

thought that was a year round event mate.... not just summer.

Vlad_Dracul
27-04-2008, 08:50
they get thrown out of the sink estates and rent private housing ,and destroy descent neighbourhoods, because thats what **** do.

Too true. Its called buy to let blight. Thee was a time when people knew their place. If you couldnt afford a home,you rented a council house. Now you can rent privately and live in the same nice house that all the hard working folk do. The situation is ably assisted by the Labour idiot two jags Prescott and his pathfinder scheme which allows the compulsory purchase of houses (theft) at cheap prices,subsequent demolition and private developers are then allowed to build a mix of social housing and private. I.e dolehoppers are facilitated in living with normal people in one great social experiment. Its only the ordinary hard workers who pay the price financially,psychologically and in a reduced quality of life.

Usual disclaimers apply re generalisations etcetc

Halcyon
27-04-2008, 09:24

Some idiot down the road decided to have a party last night with loud music still blasting out at 3am ! Very inconsiderate !

Summer also seems to indicate a need for men to go round with no tops on.
These men are often beer boys and at the first sign of sunshine have stripped off.
PLEASE, don't do that !

Vlad_Dracul
27-04-2008, 09:45
Some idiot down the road decided to have a party last night with loud music still blasting out at 3am ! Very inconsiderate !

These men are often beer boys and at the first sign of sunshine have stripped off.
PLEASE, don't do that !
Theres only one thing to do and thats to get them up bright and early with some music. This is ideal if you life next door to them.

The bearing of the male gut or the xylophone chest(boney ribcage) is indeed a strange phenomenon,a kind of Braveheart reaction,a war cry. Mostly they are either fat bald blokes carting round decades of alcohol abuse it their fat guts or lantern jawed retards with that "you lookin at me" attitude. The former can safely be ignored as age will soon weary them. The latter should be flogged with a rubber baton to realign their attitude and perceptions of public decency.

Enuff
27-04-2008, 09:47

PLEASE, don't do that !But it is ok for the women to show more flesh. PLEASE... PLEASE! carry on doing that!. :naughty:

Russ
27-04-2008, 09:54
But it is ok for the women to show more flesh. PLEASE... PLEASE! carry on doing that!. :naughty:

Does that include the ones who dress like they have no idea that they're vastly overweight?

Vlad_Dracul
27-04-2008, 09:57
But it is ok for the women to show more flesh. PLEASE... PLEASE! carry on doing that!. :naughty:

Indeed,women are creatures of great beauty and beauty should be admired but discretely chaps.

I was in Manchester yesterday (Sat) and it was a nice warm day.

There was much to be admired.

Hugh
27-04-2008, 09:58
Too true. Its called buy to let blight. There was a time when people knew their place. If you couldnt afford a home,you rented a council house. Now you can rent privately and live in the same nice house that all the hard working folk do. The situation is ably assisted by the Labour idiot two jags Prescott and his pathfinder scheme which allows the compulsory purchase of houses (theft) at cheap prices,subsequent demolition and private developers are then allowed to build a mix of social housing and private. I.e dolehoppers are facilitated in living with normal people in one great social experiment. Its only the ordinary hard workers who pay the price financially,psychologically and in a reduced quality of life.

Usual disclaimers apply re generalisations etcetc
Insulting vast swathes of honest people isn't really mitigated by a last line like that, you know.

Loved the bit about "There was a time when people knew their place." My brothers and I were brought/dragged up in one of the roughest areas of Govan, Glasgow, and according to your mantra, we should still be there, rather than
a) one living in St Helier, Jersey
b) one working hard enough to retire at 50, with a nice house in Glasgow
c) one having two properties (in the Lakes and Lincolnshire)
d) and myself, who is the IT Director for Northern University and lives in a 4 Bed detached house in a nice leafy suburb.

Oh no, we should have "known our place" - you do come out with some Victorian round-things at times.:dunce:

Halcyon
27-04-2008, 10:11
Indeed,women are creatures of great beauty and beauty should be admired but discretely chaps.

I have to agree with you. Compared to the male body, females are much more pleasent to look at.
It's not just becuase I'm male. Several female friends agree that the female naked body is much better looking.

A good memory of a few years ago is one summer day in June when I was walking in town and these two brunette girls were walking down the street in nothing but boots, sexy bra, and skirt. Sooo hot !!!

Enuff
27-04-2008, 10:38
And what about the very large middle aged women who parade around showing all their beauty for you to admire?

Men are creatures of beauty too ya'know. Well I am. :D

kryogenik
27-04-2008, 15:07
What do you get from the police when you complain at 2am that the people over the way are still pumping out their cack music and partying in their back garden when everyone's trying to sleep?

"Are they on their own property or out on the street?"

"own property"

"nothing we can do then. ring the council"

I did, only to be told they don't have a noise department, but if I take down details of this and any other times like it, I can submit them to the council and they'll investigate.
Great.

papa smurf
27-04-2008, 15:34
What do you get from the police when you complain at 2am that the people over the way are still pumping out their cack music and partying in their back garden when everyone's trying to sleep?

"Are they on their own property or out on the street?"

"own property"

"nothing we can do then. ring the council"

I did, only to be told they don't have a noise department, but if I take down details of this and any other times like it, I can submit them to the council and they'll investigate.
Great.

i have had a similar experience ie no police action ,but the council posted me a form so i could keep a log over a two week period , problem is i have a very short fuse especially when I'm tired .

kryogenik
27-04-2008, 16:08
Yeah, they sent me one as well. Doesn't it say that the people being reported have the right to know who's reported them?
(or that your name and address may be disclosed in a court proceeding or something)
Sack that. I value my car and windows too much.
Just another case of the law working for the bad guys as far as I'm concerned.

frogstamper
27-04-2008, 18:16
We had a family round here who decided on a party in their garden a couple of years back, a DJ pumping out crap music and then at midnight a so called firework display, which in reality was more akin to a first world war artillery barrage. I rang the noise people at the council who to their credit arrived within 30 minuets, they told the people to take the music indoors if they wanted to continue, and to close all the windows. They said it was illegal to make that sort of racket outside after midnight, the two council guys then sat outside in their car for over 20 minuets to make sure it didn't start again, which thank god, it didn't. So I suppose it depends on what your council are prepared to do, btw, we haven't heard a peep from this house since, I imagine they are ashamed.

Vlad_Dracul
27-04-2008, 22:40
Insulting vast swathes of honest people isn't really mitigated by a last line like that, you know.

Loved the bit about "There was a time when people knew their place." My brothers and I were brought/dragged up in one of the roughest areas of Govan, Glasgow, and according to your mantra, we should still be there, rather than
a) one living in St Helier, Jersey
b) one working hard enough to retire at 50, with a nice house in Glasgow
c) one having two properties (in the Lakes and Lincolnshire)
d) and myself, who is the IT Director for Northern University and lives in a 4 Bed detached house in a nice leafy suburb.

Oh no, we should have "known our place" - you do come out with some Victorian round-things at times.:dunce:

Thats exactly my point. They appreciated their situation as it then was and presumably bettered themselves by hard work and effort. Nothing wrong with that and its how it should be and was. What I am saying is that those rules do not necessarily apply any more. Now,if you know the system,you can gain advancement with little or no effort and you can live in the nice house in the nice street right beside the traditionalists like me,you and your bros who made an effort and earned our way out of where we started.

Make no mistake,im no silver spoon merchant. I too rose from humble beginnings.

kryogenik
02-05-2008, 21:10
Friday. Nice day, warm night.
Neighbours all on pins as the track suit wearing numpties have running battles up and down the street, and inevitably our cars suffer for it.
Thank goodness it wasn't mine tonight. I guess there's time though.
:(

kingbuxton
02-05-2008, 21:39
My Summer tends to be introduced by a bunch of Council Estate Chav Stereotypes ripping up and down the street on a really bad looking Motorbike. Oh, and not to forget the farmers fertalizing fields with, well, who knows what they use these days. Came out of work the other day and it was like someone had tipped raw sewage, rotting seaweed and a corpse in my car, it was unreal. Every year, every year without fail.

kryogenik
02-05-2008, 21:49
Nice..
I'll say something, I was naive enough to buy a house, near shops, a school & particularly near a big park because I thought it would be great for the kids.

I work from home. Online. I should have gone to the Shetlands..
:p:
This area is a goon magnet, honestly.

kingbuxton
02-05-2008, 22:18
A Park in 2008 isn't a Park circa 1920, it's not Brass Bands and Parasols :D

The shops near me are Chav Central - shops, especially a bargain booze are a Chav magnet.

Goons, that is a word due a comeback.

frogstamper
02-05-2008, 22:51
Goons, that is a word due a comeback.

I can think of a lot more appropriate words for these almost sub human morons. I like to think of myself as a liberal type of guy, but it seems to me for a lot of these kids they need the discipline of national service, it would probably be the making of a lot of these young boys who have never had a decent male role model in their lives.

kingbuxton
02-05-2008, 23:08
I can think of a lot more appropriate words for these almost sub human morons.

Was making a brew the other day, and got thinking whilst the kettle did it's thing. When you see a teenager, do you see it with a 20 something or 30 something or 40 something eye? Or are they just ********************* insert as required. Where we all as bad at that age, but we see it from the memory of that age, and it seems OK? I can think back to me at 14/15/16 and I can see now why neighbours did what thay did, however, I don't think there was the same attitude in me and my mates compared to the same age in 2008. Seems to be a bit more vindictiveness (is that a word?) in them these days. Or am I just getting Hella old?

Enuff
02-05-2008, 23:51
Was making a brew the other day, and got thinking whilst the kettle did it's thing. When you see a teenager, do you see it with a 20 something or 30 something or 40 something eye? Or are they just ********************* insert as required. Where we all as bad at that age, but we see it from the memory of that age, and it seems OK? I can think back to me at 14/15/16 and I can see now why neighbours did what thay did, however, I don't think there was the same attitude in me and my mates compared to the same age in 2008. Seems to be a bit more vindictiveness (is that a word?) in them these days. Or am I just getting Hella old?
It's old age. I think of the type of kid who turns into a monster as soon as they become a teenager. We go through a few stages like that throughout our lives. At the moment i'm at the Alf Garnet (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPgm69pMRUU&NR=1) stage.

kingbuxton
03-05-2008, 00:20
That's not the answer i was looking (hoping) for :bigcry:

I knew it was that, just didn't need it confirmed. Do you support West Ham and hate blacks? You maybe a partial Alf

kryogenik
03-05-2008, 02:51
Where we all as bad at that age, but we see it from the memory of that age, and it seems OK?

Nah. I used to hang about on the corner & boot a football against that poor old woman's side wall. Run away when shouted at!
Never would have dreamed of smashing up a telephone box or a bus shelter..
I drive, I'm lucky. A little bit of me wants to cry when I see women with their kiddies stood in glass waiting for the bus in the morning. These half-witted cretins just do not give one single solitary damn for anyone whatsoever.

Enuff
03-05-2008, 09:50
Nah. I used to hang about on the corner & boot a football against that poor old woman's side wall. Run away when shouted at!
Never would have dreamed of smashing up a telephone box or a bus shelter..
I drive, I'm lucky. A little bit of me wants to cry when I see women with their kiddies stood in glass waiting for the bus in the morning. These half-witted cretins just do not give one single solitary damn for anyone whatsoever.There must be a method in the madness of those responsible for deciding to use glass in the bus shelters.

The glass panels in the bus shelter near where I live were constantly smashed, no sooner had they replaced the glass, they were smashed again. You'd have thought they would have got the message after the second time this happened, they finally replaced the glass with plastic, but only after the glass had been replaced five times!

kryogenik
03-05-2008, 12:50
It's a good point. I presume there must be a good reason. The one's near us are still glass. They get smashed almost every weekend - it's become a bit of a running 'joke'.
Utter mindless vandalism. I hate it.
:(