PDA

View Full Version : Unable to register new modem!!

mart18
25-04-2008, 13:45
takes the pee, had to wait three weeks for installation at new property, after 2 months of tellin us no we cant have it here and ra ra ra, anyway it was installed yesterday (24th) and now its not lettin me register my modem, TS say i cant until the 5th of may. how bloody stupid! why was it installed on the 24th when it cant be registered till the 5th!! just lucky i got an unsecure network round here! it would of been nice to have been told, by phone, by text, by letter! they dont think of these things!! grr it makes me angry!
I get error code 204 and error code 210, TS didnt even bother refundin the money back for the call(s)!
:mad:

refraction
25-04-2008, 14:05
hmm, not sure why they cant do it. the only thing they cant do till the 5th of may is the billing (new broadband connections n such) it says nothing about changing hardware...

mrsnooch
25-04-2008, 14:26
I read somewhere last night (maybe in the server status page) that they cant take on new customers for broadband and cant change any tv packages because of these updates taking place on their billing systems etc

ceedee
25-04-2008, 15:30
takes the pee, had to wait three weeks for installation at new property, after 2 months of tellin us no we cant have it here and ra ra ra, anyway it was installed yesterday (24th) and now its not lettin me register my modem, TS say i cant until the 5th of may. how bloody stupid! why was it installed on the 24th when it cant be registered till the 5th!! just lucky i got an unsecure network round here! it would of been nice to have been told, by phone, by text, by letter! they dont think of these things!! grr it makes me angry!
I get error code 204 and error code 210, TS didnt even bother refundin the money back for the call(s)!
:mad:

Sorry to hear you've suffered from the lack of 'joined-up thinking' but I hope they managed to get your phone and tv working okay?

Recommend you call VM's Customer Care (rather than Tech Support) free on 150 from your VM phone (or 0845 454 1111 from any other) to make sure that you receive a refund for the "lost" weeks that they couldn't supply the broadband part of your package.
:angel:

BenMcr
25-04-2008, 19:39
Sorry to hear you've suffered from the lack of 'joined-up thinking' but I hope they managed to get your phone and tv working okay?
All people getting installed this week should have got the a letter at install part of which said:

We’re sure you’re itching to start surfing the web. So now’s the time to register your new Virgin Broadband account – in fact, we recommend you do it before 6pm on Thursday 24th April. Here’s why.

Right now, we’re preparing to make some big improvements to the way we look after your account. This means carrying out some upgrades to our systems – starting at 6pm on Thursday 24th April, and finishing on Monday 5th May.

As you won’t be able to register your account while our work is happening, we suggest you do it before the work starts. As long as you’re registered, you’ll still be able to surf the web as normal during this time

I call that pretty joined up.

techyguy4
25-04-2008, 19:47
Since VM is informing the new customers through this letter, call charges cant be refunded.

ceedee
25-04-2008, 20:54
All people getting installed this week should have got the a letter at install part of which said:
We’re sure you’re itching to start surfing the web. So now’s the time to register your new Virgin Broadband account – in fact, we recommend you do it before 6pm on Thursday 24th April. Here’s why.

Right now, we’re preparing to make some big improvements to the way we look after your account. This means carrying out some upgrades to our systems – starting at 6pm on Thursday 24th April, and finishing on Monday 5th May.

As you won’t be able to register your account while our work is happening, we suggest you do it before the work starts. As long as you’re registered, you’ll still be able to surf the web as normal during this time
I call that pretty joined up.

Yeah, me too. I'm impressed.
Of course, it could only have been improved by the installer ensuring that the new customer had actually received and understood said letter.

But credit where it's due: the letter is clear, unambiguous and informative.
There's hope for VM yet!
:tu:

mart18
26-04-2008, 05:29
Well i haven't received such letter, so that isn't my problem, it doesn't matter anyway, i told CS that i still had my old CM from my old property as they only took the 2, Told me to plug it in, and it works!! so its all good!!! :)