PDA

View Full Version : Paitentline rip-off charges

alferret
24-04-2008, 17:16
Unfortunately my mother had a fall and broke her hip. She was obviously hospitalised for 3 weeks after surgery.
Whilst there she had the use of paitentline and as a pensioner not to flush, anyway I understand that a company that goes in and installs services needs to recoup their outlay.
What I don’t get is how they can charge when the call hasn’t been connected.
It takes 92 seconds from the automated answer to the call going to not answered (mum not picking up) and for each time I have been charged £2:00.
Surely they only provide a service once the call has been answered. Therefore the 60 seconds of “welcome to so and so, service not provided by NHS blah, blah, blah calls charged at 50p pm at all times etc” and the 32 seconds to ring out shouldn’t be charged but only after the call has been connected should the call be charged.
What an absolute rip off, totally disgusted with their immoral stance over charging whilst not connected.

Ramrod
24-04-2008, 17:35
link (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/20/33611749-hospital-charges-for-tv-and-phone.html)
Not the first time we have ranted about this here.....terrible system patientline, rip-off merchants! :mad:
I once even phoned them up to complain and they just put the phone down on me when I started to list my grievances :rolleyes:

Stuart
24-04-2008, 18:41
Duplicate thread. Link to original provided. Thread Closed.