PDA

View Full Version : spots and blackheads

wwe
21-04-2008, 14:49
hi ppl i got blackheads on my nouse and about 3 spots of my chin whats the best stuff to buyto get rid of them quickley

Hugh
21-04-2008, 14:52
Chainsaw ;)

But seriously, my lad uses Clearasil; that tends to dry them up, and then they go (after a day or two/three).

kryogenik
21-04-2008, 14:56
https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2008/04/14.gif

webcrawler2050
21-04-2008, 15:08
Blackheads and spots can be caused by a poor diet - unfortauntly.

Clearasil does the job but - expect it to get worse before it gets better!

tweetypie/8
21-04-2008, 15:25
hi ppl i got blackheads on my nouse and about 3 spots of my chin whats the best stuff to buyto get rid of them quickley

send for tinky,she loves the gory things.:D

fireman328
21-04-2008, 15:40
Get a regular partner, have as much sex as possible (safe) and your hormones will do the rest. Its fun too ! :):):)

Halcyon
21-04-2008, 18:40
Which doctor stick is also good or as others have mentioned Clearasil.

Some people also put toothpaste on them apparently.

Mr_love_monkey
21-04-2008, 18:50
Chicken fat over the offending areas

Tinky
21-04-2008, 19:51
send for tinky,she loves the gory things.:D

Why not just squeeze em lol? Seriously though, I think a lot has to do with your age. Have a look here (http://www.ultimate-cosmetics.com/beauty/articles/how-to-prevent-blackheads.htm) (scroll down) hopefully it may help.;)

The Hitman
21-04-2008, 19:54
Plyers and a Mallet.:D

danielf
21-04-2008, 20:01
Why not just squeeze em lol?

Yeah, and see from what distance you can hit the mirror :)

Tinky
21-04-2008, 20:04
Yeah, and see from what distance you can hit the mirror :)

Test first to see which way the wind is blowing.:erm:

The Hitman
21-04-2008, 20:11
Are your zits like these?:D

Tinky
21-04-2008, 20:19

Sorry wwe for making light of the situation, I know from experience what misery blackheads/spots/boils can cause. I would give Clearasil a go, and/or try a dab of aftershave on the spots.

Enuff
21-04-2008, 21:59
You could try a blackhead remover? Download Failed (1) And the best thing that will help reduce your acne is lots of water.

Mr_love_monkey
21-04-2008, 22:00
You could try a blackhead remover? http://bodytoolz.com/img/btface.jpg And the best thing that will help reduce your acne is lots of water.

supposedly you can do the same with the inside bit of a biro - and you don't have to have pink fluffy hair

papa smurf
21-04-2008, 22:29
the cure for spots/acne/blackheads /greasy skin= old age once you become and old git you dont have any wories about any of them ,you dont have to worry about greasy hair either cos it falls out,other problems do arise like not being able to see your toes past your belly when standing in the shower:D:D:D

Paddy1
22-04-2008, 10:18
My dear old mother used to pick blackheads out with a pin :erm:

PeteTheMusicGuy
22-04-2008, 11:28
A bit of decent aftershave is a good spot killer :) Dont go for the cheap and nasty stuff ;)

I still get spots from time to time

Sunkissed Suzie
01-05-2008, 14:54
My advice is
A) Steam your face and squeeze
B) a blackhead remover
C) biore pads for your nose and chin (sore but work)
D) Witch hazel or clearasil, or indeed toothpaste or sudo cream (drys them out)

Goodluck

wwe
01-05-2008, 15:04
My advice is
A) Steam your face and squeeze
B) a blackhead remover
C) biore pads for your nose and chin (sore but work)
D) Witch hazel or clearasil, or indeed toothpaste or sudo cream (drys them out)

Goodluck

thank u 4 ur help 2 u and every 1
any more ideas would be great 4 me and every 1

chickendippers
01-05-2008, 15:12
Depending on how persistent your spots are you could also go and see your doctor for some stronger cream or antibiotics (The cream removes oil and the antibiotics kill the bacteria).

If they cause scaring you can also get a referral to a dermatologist who can prescribe Roaccutane which is pretty much guaranteed to clear them up.

Noggo
01-05-2008, 18:20
For the blackheads try Panoxyl Aquagel, it comes in different percentages try 5% first.
http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/medicines/100003770.html

If you do decide to try it remember to follow the instructions, as if you leave it on your nose to long you end up looking like Rudolph the reindeer :).

For the other spots, apart from a mild soap and lukewarm water I don't know, you could always ask at the Pharmacy counter.

Laters,

lostandconfused
01-05-2008, 18:43
try clinique scruffing lotion, gets rid of em in a day when ever i develop one.

LSainsbury
01-05-2008, 21:25
Blackheads and spots can be caused by a poor diet - unfortunately.

He's probably had the bargain bucket three times this week...

:p:

Go with some Panoxyl (already mentioned I think).

Used to get quite a few but think I've now really grown out of them - or it might be to do with me eating a better range of food - i.e. fruit!

wwe
22-10-2008, 04:01
hi all ive been useing clean and clear blackhead clearing daily scrub its called i been useing it for 3 days and its brought up spots on my forhead and i had none round there is this what it ment to do bring them up then they go?

frogstamper
22-10-2008, 04:19
the cure for spots/acne/blackheads /greasy skin= old age once you become and old git you dont have any wories about any of them ,you dont have to worry about greasy hair either cos it falls out,other problems do arise like not being able to see your toes past your belly when standing in the shower:D:D:D

Are you looking through my window papa?:D

At last...there are some consolations at being in your forties, I remember all to well the horrors of spots and other teenage ailments, if I remember correctly I don't recall any of those so called spot removers being any good, but I'm sure they are a lot better now.
Just remember one thing, most people won't even notice a couple of spots, its only when you look in the mirror and imagine the whole worlds going to see it, I guarantee they are not. :)

Just think though twenty years from now you'll think back and laugh, when you look in the mirror and see a balding, over-weight old git staring back at you, a few spots won't seem so bad.
Until then have fun, lots of fun.:)

PS I just found this link on the best way to treat blackheads, I hope it helps, good luck.

http://www.acne-advice.com/articles/treatments/blackheads.shtml

Nidge
20-01-2010, 15:50

1. Don't use soap.

2. Cleanse skin on a regular basis with a skin cleaner.

3. Get some of them sticky strips that pull the black head out with the root.

Zee
20-01-2010, 15:52
Try drinking lots of water, around 5-8 normal glasses per day. Eat lots of fruit and veg, especially oranges and fruits like that.

dont eat too much chocolate, and fatty foods, but some is ok.

if you cant get the proper amount of vitamins in your diet, try going out and buying vitamin pills, multivitamins and vitamin c which will help also.

and use a good face washer, recommend St Ives Invigorating apricot scrub, as its non greasy, and gets the dirt from under your skin.

try also putting your whole face in very warm water which will open up the pours and then using the facial washer then using very cold (or as cold as you can take) afterwards to close the pours.

if you follow all this, you should see changes within 7 days, and major changes within 15 days. by the way people recommend steaming your face and the squeezing it. steaming is fine, but squeezing is no good as it makes the pours bigger and then even more dirt can get into it, after steaming if you wanna just use an invigorating facial scrub, one of those sandy ones.

Maggy
20-01-2010, 16:28
Toothpaste on the zits overnight or any form of alcohol dabbed on..

Frankly it's just your age and it won't matter what you try in the way of skincare until your hormones finally settle.If you were older and still suffering from spots I'd suggest seeing your doctor who could help you cure your acne.

I'm not too sure diet will play much part but it can't hurt to eat more healthily and knock the junk food on the head if only to take care of yourself for when you are older.I never had any real problems with zits as a teenager because I wasn't prone to greasy skin and I ate plenty of crap as well but I have had a weight problem all my life.Getting your diet right now will hopefully avoid that problem.Zits and being overweight is not what you want.The zits will go but the weight may not.;)

Chris
20-01-2010, 16:49
Guys, this thread is almost 2 years old. WWE has, hopefully, dealt with his zits by now. ;)

Maggy
20-01-2010, 16:50
But there is always someone with zits Chris..;)

Pog66
20-01-2010, 18:19
Toothpaste on the zits overnight or any form of alcohol dabbed on..

so you're saying you should stick your head in a bucket of beer? wish i'd known that when I was a spotty teenager :)

Maggy
20-01-2010, 20:55
so you're saying you should stick your head in a bucket of beer? wish i'd known that when I was a spotty teenager :)

Ah yes but if I had said spirit based alcohol you would have stuck your head in a bucket of whiskey.;)