PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Travel From Birmingham To Glasgow?

CaptJamieHunter
19-04-2008, 11:26
Can anyone recommend cheap ways of travelling from Birmingham to Glasgow? I've checked trains, planes and coaches and they're all rather more expensive than the "advance" offers advertised.

Constructive alternative suggestions (not walking, hitch hiking or any variant thereof) gratefuly received.

DocDutch
19-04-2008, 11:39
driving?

Mr_love_monkey
19-04-2008, 11:40
Can anyone recommend cheap ways of travelling from Birmingham to Glasgow? I've checked trains, planes and coaches and they're all rather more expensive than the "advance" offers advertised.

Constructive alternative suggestions (not walking, hitch hiking or any variant thereof) gratefuly received.

what do you consider as cheap? - how much are you looking to pay?

CaptJamieHunter
19-04-2008, 11:54
what do you consider as cheap? - how much are you looking to pay?

Driving is not an option because I can't.

The prices I've seen so far start from £60 and over. Anything less than that is an improvement.

tay77
19-04-2008, 12:06
Not sure when you're going, or if you want a Single or Return, but I've found an £18 single (funfare) and a £45 single ("normal fare") on National Express.

I've also found a single on Megabus.com for £11...

Edit: I've just checked on bmiBaby, and you can get a single flight for £4.49 (£23.44 with taxes).

(Note - As I said, I don't know when you're travelling, so I've inputted the date as Sat 17th May, so will probably be more expensive if you're going sooner).

alferret
19-04-2008, 20:22
Shanks's will get you there for nowt, may take a while tho ;)

ikthius
19-04-2008, 20:51
walk...... its free

Nidge
21-04-2008, 05:05

Megabus by Stagecoach is your friend.

Mr_love_monkey
21-04-2008, 07:20
walk...... its free

Hop - it's free and it uses up less shoe leather :)

BBKing
21-04-2008, 09:06
Hop - it's free and it uses up less shoe leather

<nasal whine>

I think you'll find that the differential wear on your shoes will cause you to start going round in circles around about the Carlisle area.

</nasal whine>