PDA

View Full Version : Question about capping.

zerovox
18-04-2008, 20:51
My broadband speed was cut from 2meg to 1meg two mins ago, does it stay cut for 5 hours now, or is there a certain time where all speed restrictions are removed?

utt
18-04-2008, 20:57
It remains for 5 hours

The Jackal
18-04-2008, 20:57
5 hours at 1 meg baby.

Enjoy !

zerovox
18-04-2008, 21:12
Oh damn!

What times do they monitor usage at the moment, is it something like 4:00 till 9:00?

If its 9:00 I will be annoyed that I didn't wait 15 mins before downloading a new linux iso!

The Jackal
18-04-2008, 21:13
Oh damn!

What times do they monitor usage at the moment, is it something like 4:00 till 9:00?

If its 9:00 I will be annoyed that I didn't wait 15 mins before downloading a new linux iso!

Bummer dude.

Yup 4 - 9pm and soon to be 10am to 9pm.

zerovox
18-04-2008, 21:20
Damn! Thats 6 more hours! Ill have to get all my downloading done overnight, that's a pain.

Maybe its time to finally move to sky, I've heard the only restriction on unlimited packages with sky is their fair use policy of 250gig a month. Not really unlimited then is it?

Zain
18-04-2008, 21:24
Damn! Thats 6 more hours! Ill have to get all my downloading done overnight, that's a pain.

Maybe its time to finally move to sky, I've heard the only restriction on unlimited packages with sky is their fair use policy of 250gig a month. Not really unlimited then is it?
better this way rather then getting capped during peak times?

zerovox
18-04-2008, 21:32
better this way rather then getting capped during peak times?

For me, yes, as that's around 8 gig a day, which I doubt I could do easily!
Also, its up to 16mb for £10, whereas now, I pay £18 for 2mb, which is 1mb when I need it most.

frogstamper
18-04-2008, 22:20
For me, yes, as that's around 8 gig a day, which I doubt I could do easily!
Also, its up to 16mb for £10, whereas now, I pay £18 for 2mb, which is 1mb when I need it most.

If you want Sky Max 16mb, dont you have to be a Sky customer? Im sure Ive read that on their website. All the other packages are open to anyone not already with Sky, but they have a 40GB limit per month.

zerovox
18-04-2008, 22:38
If you want Sky Max 16mb, dont you have to be a Sky customer? Im sure Ive read that on their website. All the other packages are open to anyone not already with Sky, but they have a 40GB limit per month.

I think you are right, but we have Sky TV at the moment.

It was the choice of changing our TV to VM or changing our BB and Phone to Sky.
I think Sky looks more promising at the moment, I don't like Neil BUrketts stance on Net Nutrality or capping. And the fact they own the cable monopoly means they can charge what they want.

frogstamper
18-04-2008, 22:55
I think you are right, but we have Sky TV at the moment.

It was the choice of changing our TV to VM or changing our BB and Phone to Sky.
I think Sky looks more promising at the moment, I don't like Neil BUrketts stance on Net Nutrality or capping. And the fact they own the cable monopoly means they can charge what they want.

Well zerovox Ive always defended VMs BB as on the whole a better product than adsl, but what with the prospect of at least 11 hours of stm a day even I cant defend the indefensible. Personally I always thought the best set up was Sky for the TV, VM for BB and BT for phone in an ideal world, but not anymore, VM are committing financial suicide in my opinion. I believe you will be the first of many VM customers leaving the sinking ship.

zerovox
18-04-2008, 23:04
Well zerovox Ive always defended VMs BB as on the whole a better product than adsl, but what with the prospect of at least 11 hours of stm a day even I cant defend the indefensible. Personally I always thought the best set up was Sky for the TV, VM for BB and BT for phone in an ideal world, but not anymore, VM are committing financial suicide in my opinion. I believe you will be the first of many VM customers leaving the sinking ship.
Well, I will take the free Sky phone as well, if I take their phone deal, I pay nothing and they reactivate our BT phone line, which will cost £120 on its own I believe. I hope I can keep my current VM phone number if I do go to sky, thats the only thing stopping me, Ill ring up next week to see if I can.