PDA

View Full Version : Go Myself Into A Bit Of Trouble.

Nidge
17-04-2008, 05:09
Sorry for another rant folks but I thought I'd post this and see what you think.

A few weeks ago a mate of mine got his house burgled and £7,000 worth of photography gear was stolen, he's a photographer by trade and works for a company called Empics working at sporting events all over the UK, anyway he got burgled and 3 cameras, 2 laptops and some other stuff was stolen from his house, basically he can't work due to losing all his gear. He knew the guy who turned his house over and has informed the Police, have the Police done anything?? Have they ****

Last week he got in touch with me and said that some of his emails were going missing and this guy was responsible so I came up with an idea, I said lets send each other some emails with some words in there saying that this guy is going to get done over because he screwed your house and lets see if he rears his head. We exchanged a few Emails saying that he was going to get a seeing to for turning his house over, well the plan worked a treat, the chap who burgled his house had downloaded the Emails from the laptop that he'd stolen printed them off and took them to the Police, at this point you might be thinking have the Police locked this guy up?? Well the answer is no, they went to my mates yesterday morning and arrested him, they came to work and arrested me to.:shocked::shocked: They had us both in the cells for over 5 hours asking us all sorts of questions, they accused my mate of going round there and shoving the papers through his letter box, my mate turned round and said I've not got a printer because the chap who burgled his house took that along with all his other stuff, he said to the copper bring the sheets in and I'll tell you if my printer printed them off because it's not your normal run of the mill printer, I said to the coppers if your going to accuse my mate of putting the papers through this guys door lets have the papers finger printed, he said "we don't finger print paper" I said oh yes you do, have you never heard of Nena Hydrate? You should have seen his face it was a picture, I said to him it's free and is well used within the Nottinghamshire Police Force so I want them papers finger printed.

This guy went to the Police and said the papers were shoved under his door, well during our Email exchange no addresses were exchanged we only mentioned this guys name, so basically he'd downloaded the Emails then went to the Police to try and look like the good guy, when the Police were questioning me I said to them that the Emails could only be accessed by that laptop, you don't have to be Sherlock Homes to work it out do you? All they were bothered about was pinning a charge on me and my mate.

My mate who got turned over by this guy knows he did the house over because his neighbours gave him a description of this chap, all of a sudden he's walking round in designer gear which he's never had and also he's been stood outside my mates house making signs like he's typing on a keyboard.

The Police have had this guy within their grasp and have let him go and arrested me and my mate for getting this guy to rear his head.

Raistlin
17-04-2008, 07:40
I'd like to say I'm surprised.....but I'm not.....

Enuff
17-04-2008, 08:09
Sorry to hear that Nidge. It just shows how backward the Police are. Keep us informed.

bopdude
17-04-2008, 08:21
:erm: Sorry for being backwards here, if the police won't do anything and your mate knows where his stuff is, why doesn't he go get it, even if he has to take along some gorillas :2cents:

EDIT: and said gorillas could be used to :erm: persuade him against showing his face again ;)

PeteTheMusicGuy
17-04-2008, 10:25
:erm: Sorry for being backwards here, if the police won't do anything and your mate knows where his stuff is, why doesn't he go get it, even if he has to take along some gorillas :2cents:

EDIT: and said gorillas could be used to :erm: persuade him against showing his face again ;)

That is my thinking as well, never mind the cops get a few of the lads and pay this guy a "visit"

Jules
17-04-2008, 10:55
Amazing! What are the police playing at? By the way have you both seen a lawyer?

Xaccers
17-04-2008, 11:02
Find out who the station commander is and write to them complaining about the lunacy under his watch.

Bet this comes down to paperwork and apathy, much easier to get 2 cautions on their books than 1 burgler, and a lot less paperwork too.

zing_deleted
17-04-2008, 11:12
The evidence of the downloaded emails will be on the perps pc also that in itself is an offence

Xaccers
17-04-2008, 11:34
The evidence of the downloaded emails will be on the perps pc also that in itself is an offence

Thing is, if the police aren't interested in considering him a criminal, they're going to ignore all evidence.

Nidge
17-04-2008, 14:44
Find out who the station commander is and write to them complaining about the lunacy under his watch.

Bet this comes down to paperwork and apathy, much easier to get 2 cautions on their books than 1 burgler, and a lot less paperwork too.

The next step is to ask the copper who arrested us if they've been to this guys house and got the laptop and all his camera equipment because we know this guy has got it, if they say no we can get them on neglect of duty, we'll then write a letter of complaint to the Detective Seargent stating this coppers number etc etc etc and the reasons for the complaint. Even though we did exchange emails saying this guy was going to get done over for nicking my mates gear there was no intent of harm.

---------- Post added at 14:41 ---------- Previous post was at 14:40 ----------

Amazing! What are the police playing at? By the way have you both seen a lawyer?

We are waiting to see if we get charged Jules then we'll see a solicitor.

---------- Post added at 14:42 ---------- Previous post was at 14:41 ----------

Because he doesn't want to get into any trouble, this guy who stolen his laptop is well known to the police but they'll not do anything.

---------- Post added at 14:44 ---------- Previous post was at 14:42 ----------

Sorry to hear that Nidge. It just shows how backward the Police are. Keep us informed.

Backwards isn't the word Enuff, when they took me to the Police station the other day I kept saying to them you've got to be having a laugh, you've had a burgler in your hands and you've let him go, I went on to say no wonder the people in this country have lost the respect for the Police when you arrest innocent men for doing the Police's work.

Xaccers
17-04-2008, 14:47
These days I'm finding myself viewing the police as just as much **** as those who do the crimes.
Never used to, and my uncle is in the force, but with this, what happened to my mate who was a victim of domestic violence, and what happened with my home, it's hard not to.

kryogenik
17-04-2008, 14:55
This is absolutely ridiculous.
Hope it works out Nidge.

Saaf_laandon_mo
17-04-2008, 15:11
Just a quick question. You were exchanging emails between you and the guy who got robbed, and the robber saw these too. If I was a copper and you told me that, the first thing that would cross my mind is how is the 'rbber' accessing emails between you and the victim. Has he got all the passwords to his email accounts? Or were you cc-ing him in?

I'd just kick his door down, or follow him into the house with your mates, and perform a citizens arrest if you see all the nicked stuff in there. Whilst some of you are holding him down with reasonable force the other can call the cops. You can always say that he tried selling you something and invited you into the house. Its your word against his, but you will be helped by the fact that you have a group of witnesses.

kryogenik
17-04-2008, 15:20
how is the 'rbber' accessing emails between you and the victim. Has he got all the passwords to his email accounts? Or were you cc-ing him in?

That's what I first thought, but Nidge said the robber had said that Nidge's mate had put the emails through the letter box! lol.
Unbelievable.

He's obviously using the laptop (as Nidge had guessed), or has been into the account on the web and got the passwords if he hasn't got the laptop anymore.

AntiSilence
17-04-2008, 16:39
Nidge, you should have asked for a duty solicitor when you were arrested. Any advice while on police premises is free.

Nidge
17-04-2008, 16:58
Just a quick question. You were exchanging emails between you and the guy who got robbed, and the robber saw these too. If I was a copper and you told me that, the first thing that would cross my mind is how is the 'rbber' accessing emails between you and the victim. Has he got all the passwords to his email accounts? Or were you cc-ing him in?

I'd just kick his door down, or follow him into the house with your mates, and perform a citizens arrest if you see all the nicked stuff in there. Whilst some of you are holding him down with reasonable force the other can call the cops. You can always say that he tried selling you something and invited you into the house. Its your word against his, but you will be helped by the fact that you have a group of witnesses.

All my mates passwords were saved on the laptop like anyones machine he's got saved passwords, the robber accessed my mates email accounts via the stolen laptop and printed them off and took them to the Police telling them that they had been posted through his door, on the emails we exchanged we'd not posted any addresses as to where this guy lived, the coppers must be blind on this one but hey ho what else do we expect from the great British Policeman??

---------- Post added at 16:58 ---------- Previous post was at 16:57 ----------

That's what I first thought, but Nidge said the robber had said that Nidge's mate had put the emails through the letter box! lol.
Unbelievable.

He's obviously using the laptop (as Nidge had guessed), or has been into the account on the web and got the passwords if he hasn't got the laptop anymore.

He still had the laptop that's how he got hold of the emails, like I mentioned when we were exchanging emails we didn't post any addresses at all.

Xaccers
17-04-2008, 17:00
Nidge, you should have asked for a duty solicitor when you were arrested. Any advice while on police premises is free.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. When you're taken in by the police and you know you've done nothing wrong, you tend to think "what the hell do I need a solicitor for? I'm not guilty of anything"
It's only afterwards when they fit you up for something that you wish you'd not listened to yourself and asked for one!

Nidge
17-04-2008, 17:00

We hadn't done anything wrong so we didn't ask for him, if they come for us again we've got it all planned out as to solicitors etc etc.

Saaf_laandon_mo
17-04-2008, 17:02
Nidge, just go round with some heavies and perform a citizens arrest on the babsis that he ffered to sell you back the equipment at a knock down price

---------- Post added at 17:02 ---------- Previous post was at 17:01 ----------

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. When you're taken in by the police and you know you've done nothing wrong, you tend to think "what the hell do I need a solicitor for? I'm not guilty of anything"
It's only afterwards when they fit you up for something that you wish you'd not listened to yourself and asked for one!

I'd never trust a duty solicitor again. In my younger days I fgot involved in a fracas and the duty solicitor was absolutely rubbish. I felt like he was preparing a case for the CPS rather than me.

AntiSilence
17-04-2008, 17:03
We hadn't done anything wrong so we didn't ask for him, if they come for us again we've got it all planned out as to solicitors etc etc.

I know you've not done anything wrong, but I think it would still be better to have one present, even if it's only for some advice. It's free as well, so can't hurt.

alferret
17-04-2008, 18:08
Just another nail in the coffin of the British police farce.

What does it take to get justice in this country?

If I were you mate contact the Evening post news desk and tell them, hopefully they will take your story more seriously and start asking the right questions with the right people. Its very possible that this will force the police's hand and actually make an arrest.

AntiSilence
17-04-2008, 18:12
What does it take to get justice in this country?

You have to be the one who commits the crime...

TheDaddy
17-04-2008, 18:19

You must be joking, in most cases there is a reason why they are duty solicitors, they aren't any good and imo they are often far to friendly with the police, for obvious reasons admittedly, still it has never put me at ease, my advice would be to go to a solicitor some one you know has recommended, the first hour is free, just keep an eye on the clock ;)

Wicked_and_Crazy
17-04-2008, 18:23

Threatening by email? nothing wrong in that? :rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 18:23 ---------- Previous post was at 18:22 ----------

Just a quick question. You were exchanging emails between you and the guy who got robbed, and the robber saw these too.

I thought that, does he not download his emails??

Nidge
18-04-2008, 04:41
Threatening by email? nothing wrong in that? :rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 18:23 ---------- Previous post was at 18:22 ----------

We didn't make any threats towards him in any way, all we said to each other by email was shall we get someone to pay him a visit and get your laptop and camera gear back?? This made him rear his head and go to the Police with the downloaded emails downloaded from my mates laptop. Like I mentioned if the coppers had anything about them they'd have aressted this guy and got my mates laptop back.

v0id
18-04-2008, 16:42

Messages are stored on the mail server, unless you use POP

JadeFalcon
18-04-2008, 19:08
best thing, write to your MP and goto the papers over it, they love stuff like this its what they are there for

Hugh
18-04-2008, 20:19
We didn't make any threats towards him in any way, all we said to each other by email was shall we get someone to pay him a visit and get your laptop and camera gear back?? This made him rear his head and go to the Police with the downloaded emails downloaded from my mates laptop. Like I mentioned if the coppers had anything about them they'd have aressted this guy and got my mates laptop back.

From your OP
I said lets send each other some emails with some words in there saying that this guy is going to get done over because he screwed your house and lets see if he rears his head. We exchanged a few Emails saying that he was going to get a seeing to for turning his house over

Another of your posts (#10)
Even though we did exchange emails saying this guy was going to get done over

You may wish to get your stories consistent in case Old Bill does decide to pass your details to CPS ;)

AbyssUnderground
19-04-2008, 10:51
From your OP

Another of your posts (#10)

You may wish to get your stories consistent in case Old Bill does decide to pass your details to CPS ;)

It wasn't a direct threat though was it. It was a threat for him to "accidentally" see to scare him.

Cerberus
19-04-2008, 11:17
Sorry to hear about all this. Want me to bring some heavies down from Glasgow? We can get a white van, take him on a wee drive and well, the rest is up to you! ;)

You may also wish to consider this (http://www.ipcc.gov.uk/)!

Good luck and I hope everything turns out well for you.

Nidge
13-05-2008, 17:31
Just a quick update folks on the situation, It's in the hands of the CID now, I've got to go and see a DCI in the morning regarding the matter, it looks like they are going to go all the way with this one.

The guy who burgled my mates house is still on the loose, the police haven't arrested him so it looks like he's got away with it Scott free.

I'll let you know how I get on later tomorrow.

webcrawler2050
13-05-2008, 17:38
DUDE

there will be no case what so ever!! If the CPS prosecute, sue em. They will then soon back off.

The CPS advise the coppers on all matters, personally I dont they have a case.

Explain everything, the idea etc and go from there

Nidge
13-05-2008, 17:41
DUDE

there will be no case what so ever!! If the CPS prosecute, sue em. They will then soon back off.

The CPS advise the coppers on all matters, personally I dont they have a case.

Explain everything, the idea etc and go from there

I see where your coming from Webby but if I get charged I'll lose my job, lose my job and lose everything else. I'll tell you something I'm getting fed up of the police attitude in this country, we've more or less caught a burglar for the police, have they arrested him?? Nah to much paperwork, the next time I see something the police should know about I'm keeping my mouth shut.

webcrawler2050
13-05-2008, 17:42
I see where your coming from Webby but if I get charged I'll lose my job, lose my job and lose everything else. I'll tell you something I'm getting fed up of the police attitude in this country, we've more or less caught a burglar for the police, have they arrested him?? Nah to much paperwork, the next time I see something the police should know about I'm keeping my mouth shut.

Sent you a PM with something interesting..

Nidge
13-05-2008, 17:47
Sent you a PM with something interesting..

Not got anything mate?

webcrawler2050
13-05-2008, 17:51
Not got anything mate?

Just been sent dude!