PDA

View Full Version : Motorolla S85100

madwolf
13-04-2008, 17:21
Hi, Just reformatted a friend computer having asked him if he had all his installation discs/download having been assured he had I now discover he has 'lost' the driver disc/download (loud audible thud on desk as my head hits it) for the motorolla modem and as the confuser is not recognising it any ideas where I can get what I need to get him back on track. Thanks Mad

moaningmags
13-04-2008, 17:30
The only way to get the drivers is to download them from here:-

http://help2.virginmedia.com/help/getContent.jspx?page=h_broadband&category=portal&app=helpbroadband

Or switch him over to ethernet, works better, is more stable and can provide faster speeds.

HTH
Mags

whydoIneedatech
13-04-2008, 23:31
I have the same Modem and you only need to connect via an Ethernet cable ( CAT5E Patch Cable ) if previously connected via USB you will have deleted the drivers and would need to to download them onto a CD rom on another PC at the link moaningmags posted above.

The problem with USB is that it cannot get above 5Mb and uses your PC to power it, Ethernet does none of those things, so connect via Ethernet click on Internet Explorer and go to whatever page you want.