PDA

View Full Version : Compensation Statement

stuarts
13-04-2008, 15:58
Hi, Ex satisified NTL customer, I am in SK12 on 20 meg(ish) paying £24.99 cos I threatened to leave). As everyone else Im have had speed problems and was down to 0.7meg this afternoon. Dont bother with tech services (india) any more but thought I'd flash my old w2k pc up and try the old broadband medic service. Got through to swansea and was surprise to fairly easily get the following admission from a rep (in writing in the medic reply):-

"Hi there, just wanted to clarrify. The area is over utilized at the moment. Virgin media are spending over a million pounds a week installing new routers etc all over the UK to accomodate existing bandwidth issues and to pave the way for 50 meg speeds. I dont have a definite fix time on this to be perfectly honest so I cant tell you when this will be resolved. I would suggest however that you contact customer services to se what they can do to compensate you during this period of transition"

As I am currently using £50 compensation from a previous technical failure in Jan. I think I will be contacting customer services when that runs out (next month) to compensate me for my current poor service (It will be interesting to see if having it in writing will assist this lot with their thought processes)

Stuart

PS anyone else had this admission in writing and this invitation to seek compensation?
PPS sorry if I am repeating a previous thread

ceedee
13-04-2008, 16:57
Had you considered putting it on ebay?
It sufficiently rare to be classed as a collectors' item!

I'm *sooo* impressed that VM's budget to upgrade the UBRs is (less than) £50 millions!

frogstamper
13-04-2008, 17:39
Had you considered putting it on ebay?
It sufficiently rare to be classed as a collectors' item!

I'm *sooo* impressed that VM's budget to upgrade the UBRs is (less than) £50 millions!

Just think how many more adverts they could have paided Samual Jackson for, damm VM know how to waste our money, eh;)

ceedee
13-04-2008, 18:46
I think it works out at about £16 per VM customer -- when I'm forking out £300/year!

Jeez, we could probably have raised more money to sort out the network if we'd passed a hat around...

Please don't get me started on advertising? :fit: