PDA

View Full Version : How long do upgrades take?

ScottC2105
11-04-2008, 12:40
Hey everyone.

I have recently (6PM last night) just upgraded my Virgin package to VIP again and my internet is still stuck at 2Mb. When can I expect my modem to reboot and get the new config? I have tried doing so manually with no luck.

Thanks.

jonbr
11-04-2008, 14:17
Hey everyone.

I have recently (6PM last night) just upgraded my Virgin package to VIP again and my internet is still stuck at 2Mb. When can I expect my modem to reboot and get the new config? I have tried doing so manually with no luck.

Thanks.

It shouldn't take more than 24 hours that I am aware of, but I'm happy to be corrected on that :). Try it agian tonight and if you are still on 2Mb, asuming your modem will handle the new speed, you'll need to call VM.

frogstamper
11-04-2008, 14:30
Exactly right mate 24 hours, at the most, I upgraded from 2mb to 4mb on line and it changed instantly. The only other thing I can think of is that VM might be waiting until your V+ box is fitted?, personally Id ring them and in the nicest way hurry them up.;)

ScottC2105
11-04-2008, 19:32
Sorted it out. Big problem with the account that the "overseas" call centre did.

Thanks for the help everyone.