PDA

View Full Version : Over subcribed Stoke on trent

chrome
08-04-2008, 10:52
had a engineer around today and yes they admitted that stoke on trent ( st1 my area ) is over subcribed. i've been having problems for ages with this 20meg bb, connection can go as low as 1 meg. the up grades that were due to take place in march did not happen in this area. the upgrades are now due to be done on 22nd April. this happened because they are to busy putting the 50meg in. lets hope that this up grade does not get put off again. think i will be ringing customer service, since they cannot supply 20meg ( due to over subcription ) should i be paying for 20meg

chickendippers
08-04-2008, 11:13
The engineer that visited me also said this. He mentioned that the DOCSIS 3 network being installed for the 50Mb would also handle to 20 Mb speed....I haven't heard that before.

hokkers999
08-04-2008, 14:30
had a engineer around today and yes they admitted that stoke on trent ( st1 my area ) is over subcribed. i've been having problems for ages with this 20meg bb, connection can go as low as 1 meg. the up grades that were due to take place in march did not happen in this area. the upgrades are now due to be done on 22nd April. this happened because they are to busy putting the 50meg in. lets hope that this up grade does not get put off again. think i will be ringing customer service, since they cannot supply 20meg ( due to over subcription ) should i be paying for 20meg

Better yet, ring CS and *downgrade* to 2meg, if that's all your usually getting why pay for anything else?

Oh yes, save £19/month as well....if enough people do it they'll really start to hurt.

travis
08-04-2008, 20:42
Customer Services is that different to India? Only i'm bored with the rubbish they keep giving me and would like to speak with someone else only i can't find any other numbers, i can't believe what these people do is not illegal, i work in retail and wouldn't be allowed to give someone half of what they'd payed for but take all there money and tell them to come back sometime in the future but i'm not sure when.

Smok3y666
09-04-2008, 00:38
Stoke is also full of cloners ;)

the-cable-guy
09-04-2008, 06:25
i used to live in Stoke ST1 (as thats where im from) & yes its very over subscribed. my internet never worked i had two modems replaced & got ripped off.

grubbymitts
09-04-2008, 06:32
Well, I tried to use a wireless internet connection in Hanley, and look what happened to me:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/staffordshire/7336740.stm

Bugger it, I'll stay inside with my over-subscribed VM.

btw - inb4 "was it really you?" - no, it wasn't.

chrome
09-04-2008, 12:09
Well, I tried to use a wireless internet connection in Hanley, and look what happened to me:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/staffordshire/7336740.stm

Bugger it, I'll stay inside with my over-subscribed VM.

btw - inb4 "was it really you?" - no, it wasn't.

good one lol

punky
09-04-2008, 19:59
I have just removed numerous off-topic posts about the race of people in Stoke on Trent. Please keep discussion on the over-subscription problems only.

the-cable-guy
10-04-2008, 01:28
ok Gavin but to say that ppl in Stoke are racist aint on i was just explaining that we aint.