PDA

View Full Version : VM Info Help Please..

darkangelwitch66
04-04-2008, 20:55
Hi all,
I just wanted to ask for a little more info, if you can help? I have signed up for the L BB and it will be installed on Friday the 11th of this month; I’m only getting the internet in as I am going to be leaving Tiscali and I’m happy with my Sky and phone.

I just wanted to ask a few things if you don’t mind? I have got my free wireless router yesterday, its Netgear WGR 614 v6.

1. If after 12 months I want to leave VM, do I have to give back wireless router?
2. Is it a good wireless router?
3. When the cable is put in can I set up the wireless router myself? Or do they do it? I would like to do it myself as I have the Wii and Laptop already setup; so it will just be a case of putting it onto WPA2 (Does it have WPA2?) and placing my user-name and password in (I hope!).
4. Will I have any problems with the Wi-Fi as the cable and wireless router will be set up to an XP and the Laptop is Vista?

I think that’s it, but please tell me if you think I need to know anything else?

Thank you

Joxer
04-04-2008, 21:08
1. I don't think so but don't actually know
2. It's alright.
3. You have to set up the router yourself but the setup cd is extremely easy to use - it works on xp and vista and will set both up for you. It is of course possible to set it up manually yourself though if you do VM will not support it. It has WPA not sure if it's 1 or 2
4. You shouldn't do no. As mentioned the setup cd runs on xp and vista.

whydoIneedatech
04-04-2008, 22:17
Hi all,
I just wanted to ask for a little more info, if you can help? I have signed up for the L BB and it will be installed on Friday the 11th of this month; I’m only getting the internet in as I am going to be leaving Tiscali and I’m happy with my Sky and phone.

I just wanted to ask a few things if you don’t mind? I have got my free wireless router yesterday, its Netgear WGR 614 v6.

1. If after 12 months I want to leave VM, do I have to give back wireless router?
2. Is it a good wireless router?
3. When the cable is put in can I set up the wireless router myself? Or do they do it? I would like to do it myself as I have the Wii and Laptop already setup; so it will just be a case of putting it onto WPA2 (Does it have WPA2?) and placing my user-name and password in (I hope!).
4. Will I have any problems with the Wi-Fi as the cable and wireless router will be set up to an XP and the Laptop is Vista?

I think that’s it, but please tell me if you think I need to know anything else?

Thank you

All VM equipment remains the property of VM, with the router you are paying for Technical support not the router, if you leave then it is up to VM to collect your equipment which usually does not happen!!

darkangelwitch66
05-04-2008, 00:38
Thanks for the info guys.