PDA

View Full Version : No access to network

chickendippers
02-04-2008, 15:46
I've got a "No access to network" message in place of the Virgin logo.

I've rung up twice and neither person has been able to fix it. We tried manually selecting T-Mobile network, connecting only to GSM and hard rebooting the phone - all to no avail.

Handset is a Sony Ericsson K610i.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?
Thanks in advance.

Cerberus
02-04-2008, 16:36
Long shot, but sometimes does work.

Try removing the SIM card from the phone. Wipe the gold contact on the SIM card with a soft, dry & clean cloth and place back into the handset. See if that works?

Also, the handset could be locked to another network. Can you try the SIM card in another handset at all?(preferably on the Virgin network) This way you can identify if the handset or SIM is at fault.

chickendippers
03-04-2008, 12:13
Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately it hasn't worked. I'd hope my phone hasn't somehow locked itself, I bought it from Virgin Mobile over a year ago and it suddenly started doing this yesterday lunchtime. I put my old Orange PAYG SIM in and it produces a "Please Insert Correct SIM" message, so it doesn't look like it's been locked.

I tried the Virgin SIM in my old (non-network specific) Nokia and it wasn't able to connect to the network either.

logo
03-04-2008, 14:20
Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately it hasn't worked. I'd hope my phone hasn't somehow locked itself, I bought it from Virgin Mobile over a year ago and it suddenly started doing this yesterday lunchtime. I put my old Orange PAYG SIM in and it produces a "Please Insert Correct SIM" message, so it doesn't look like it's been locked.

I tried the Virgin SIM in my old (non-network specific) Nokia and it wasn't able to connect to the network either.

Could be a transmitter or something down where you live.

chickendippers
03-04-2008, 15:39
I went round to my friend's house yesterday who lives aprox. 5 miles away, I'm in an urban area so that should have definitely connected me to a different transmitter. It made no difference.

I tried customer service again today and they're sending a replacement SIM to see if that's the problem.

yellowrose :)
03-04-2008, 22:40
Yes you will need a SIM replacement that'll do the trick!

chickendippers
05-04-2008, 14:11
You were right, it arrived this morning and everything's back to normal :)