PDA

View Full Version : Price changes from 1st June?

ceedee
31-03-2008, 19:37
Just spotted this posted on the VM newsgroups (not by VM staff!):
The adverts in todays (31 March) papers for 'free wireless router' has a
line saying 'some of our prices are changing from 1st June.
To see how they affect you go to www.virginmedia.com/changes'
I followed that link but there is no mention of price changes on 1st June.
Anybody got any idea what changes are intended on 1st June?

Also noted while digging around that the previous announcement (http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/03/20/virgin_media_premium_rate_dropped/) about reducing the cost of support calls included this priceless phrase:
"This year, one of our key aims is to delight our customers by improving customer service - and boy are we serious about it," the author gushes.
Customers will be emailed about the changes in April and May.

Note that there are "changes" (plural)

Anybody any clue what's coming?

BenMcr
31-03-2008, 19:39
Yes, but not allowed to say (yet)

Hugh
31-03-2008, 19:55
Ooooooooooooh.

Good or bad (or aren't you allowed to say ;))

joglynne
31-03-2008, 23:30
Yes, but not allowed to say (yet)

Could you please, subconsciously by accident, maybe post a smillie that would, inadvertently, give us a clue. :D

BenMcr
31-03-2008, 23:49
Sorry I like my job lol

Though if someone were to look at the webpage that is at the top of this thread, say tomorrow or some such day, they may, quite possibly, gain an understanding of what, in all likelyhood, will be happening on the 1st of June ;)

blade85
01-04-2008, 01:21
Sorry I like my job lol

Though if someone were to look at the webpage that is at the top of this thread, say tomorrow or some such day, they may, quite possibly, gain an understanding of what, in all likelyhood, will be happening on the 1st of June ;)

hahaha, thanks for that :P

TraxData
01-04-2008, 01:23
Sorry I like my job lol

Nothing real exciting happening on june 1st, par from start of 50mbit rollout.

GraphiX2004
01-04-2008, 05:33
its a joke 50mb or 100mb whats the point were not allowed to use it anyway
giving higher speeds is pointless if their is nothing you can use it on.

sick of them increasing speeds with their left hand and then telling you if you
use the new faster connection to actually download something with it they will
sue or disconnect you it's a complete joke is what it is.

50mb!!! whooo but wait their is no service they provide to allow you to do anything worth while with it lol
and not 1 person here will come to that way of thinking and admit it.

lostandconfused
01-04-2008, 06:31
Ooooooooooooh.

Good or bad (or aren't you allowed to say ;))

XL TV up by £1.50 ebill discount up to £1
Bundled offers up from 33p to £1.50 depending on which one your on.

(they may be slightly out on prices, read it end of last week and my memory's not as good as it used to be!)

ufitm
01-04-2008, 08:44
Sorry I like my job lol

Date today is 1/4/08 so is this a april fool

Ernie_C
01-04-2008, 10:53
Here are the price changes:

http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/existingcustomers/changes.html

Perhaps Ben could comment. If the bundle is going up by £1 and it includes TV XL (it is supposed to be going up by £1.50) then does your bill go up £2.50 or just £1?

ufitm
01-04-2008, 11:08
Date today is 1/4/08 so is this a april fool
sorry about think it was a april fool. wonder these rise are for virgin to pay sky to let us have there channels back ?? some hope

Cerberus
01-04-2008, 11:15
If they increase the price and aren't getting the basic Sky channels then thats me off. Will keep the BB & Phone and I am going back to Sky for my TV. IMO we need something to justify the price increase. Maybe some more HD content or similar!

grubbymitts
01-04-2008, 11:32
maybe this should be moved to the TV section as it looks like there is no price rise for Internet.

BenMcr
01-04-2008, 11:53
Here are the price changes:

http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/existingcustomers/changes.html

Perhaps Ben could comment. If the bundle is going up by £1 and it includes TV XL (it is supposed to be going up by £1.50) then does your bill go up £2.50 or just £1?

Say at the moment you are paying £39 for your services (3 for £30 with + £9 for XL)

It will go up to £41.50 unless you sign up for e-billing when it will go to £40.50

King Of Fools
01-04-2008, 12:24
So will I be on the 2 for £21 bundle then?

BenMcr
01-04-2008, 12:49
Only if you don't sign up for e-billing. If you do, as the page itself says, your price stays exactly the same

anap
01-04-2008, 12:52
Is there any change to the VIP price? At present I pay £84.50 with e-billing.

King Of Fools
01-04-2008, 12:53
Only if you don't sign up for e-billing. If you do, as the page itself says, your price stays exactly the same
But will that not be a 2 for £21 bundle with a £1 e-billing discount?

BenMcr
01-04-2008, 13:58
Well yes, but then they are changing the bundle descriptions to say

"2 for £20 bundle when you pay via direct debit and sign up to e-billing" or something to that effect

---------- Post added at 13:00 ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 ----------

Is there any change to the VIP price? At present I pay £84.50 with e-billing.

Standard VIP price is going to £86, so with e-billing discount it will be £85

---------- Post added at 13:58 ---------- Previous post was at 13:00 ----------

Oh and everyone WILL be getting a letter explaining specifically how their price is changing

sav112
01-04-2008, 14:02
Standard VIP price is going to £86!!!

Wow what the hell do you get for that? I'd expect them to come oround and clean you TV, do the washing up, Clean the Cars and put the Cat out for that...

Then again some must live on there TV....

lostandconfused
01-04-2008, 14:07
I think they should inform people of the price change by text;)

That would be much quicker!

BenMcr
01-04-2008, 14:07
Standard VIP price is going to £86!!!

Wow what the hell do you get for that? I'd expect them to come oround and clean you TV, do the washing up, Clean the Cars and put the Cat out for that...

Then again some must live on there TV....

Um it is only going up by a £1 you know (or again nothing if you sign up for e-billing)

Magilla
01-04-2008, 14:38
Sorry I like my job lol

Nothing of any benefit to customers I note :(

hokkers999
01-04-2008, 17:04

Including the same rip-off fiver extra for non-dd payments. I just found out from that web page that you can ask for a large type version which they have to produce on A3. I'm going to request one of those, at least get my money's worth. VM really are idiots. I've already cut from 20 meg to 2 meg and to be honest, the internet isn't any different. Me, I'm 18/month better off.

flashpaul
03-04-2008, 22:15
Do the price increase give me the right to end my contract then ?

The terms and conditions seem to say I can cancel if prices increase

I am on 12 month deal that started in feb

AndyCambs
04-04-2008, 02:58
I can't believe the fuss some people are making over the small increase in charges, which are reallty quite minimal.

If you seriously think that you can cancel your contract because of a small increase - do you also believe that your employer could sack you instead of an annual pay award?

Mick
04-04-2008, 03:07
They may be quite minimal to you AndyCambs but - Fuel is going up - Gas and Electric prices are going up - Food bills going up, it all adds up and quite literally every penny counts. So yes I think people are perfectly entitled to make a fuss.

Btw any change to the prices and customers can usually cancel whilst still in contract.

http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/legal/oncable/terms.html

Ending this agreement

This agreement will continue until the end of the minimum period for each service you take. After the end of all relevant minimum periods, any party may end this agreement by giving the other 30 days' notice. You must pay any relevant usage charges and line rental up to the end of that 30-day notice period. You may also cancel a service after the end of its minimum period by giving us 30 days' notice.If:

we and/or Virgin Media Payments increase our charges under this agreementyou may cancel those services affected without penalty by giving us at least 30 days' notice in writing.

IronMaiden
10-04-2008, 03:14
They may be quite minimal to you AndyCambs but - Fuel is going up - Gas and Electric prices are going up - Food bills going up, it all adds up and quite literally every penny counts. So yes I think people are perfectly entitled to make a fuss.

Btw any change to the prices and customers can usually cancel whilst still in contract.

http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/legal/oncable/terms.html

Hence Virgin's costs will also be increasing. Increasing costs need to be recouped somehow.

webcrawler2050
10-04-2008, 03:19
I really cant see the fuss over a £2.50 increase - it happens where ever you go - whether it be Virgin, Tesco, Asda, Petrol etc

I think personally they are just responding to the governments probable higher tax - which means they have to up their prices. Sometimes, I think a small increase can benefit the user - it can bring on some new features, better HD - Better network, dont forget about the free tech support, coming shortly, thats gotta cost a fair bit - Plus it might give VM a chance to get rid of some more of these debts and improve the companys future and position.

bw41101
11-04-2008, 21:12
I can't believe the fuss some people are making over the small increase in charges, which are really quite minimal.

I really cant see the fuss over a £2.50 increase - it happens where ever you go - whether it be Virgin, Tesco, Asda, Petrol etc

Exactly, lets not lose sight of the fact that VM as well as a being a service provider and an employer, is also a business - not a charity. ;)

anap
12-04-2008, 12:05
My £85 VIP package will now cost............£85! (Instead of £84.50.) :)