PDA

View Full Version : Sky & Analogue TV

James79
28-03-2008, 11:56
Just a quick query, and I apologise if it has been asked before.

I am considering having Sky HD installed and was wondering if someone could confirm that I will not need an external aerial to receive terrestrial broadcasts (ie - BBC1 - FIVE).

To clarify, I know I will be able to receive them through the Sky box but I would also like to have them tuned into their individual channels on the TV. For example - Channels 1 through 5 will be occupied by the terrestrial channels, and the Sky box will be tuned into Channel 6 (also being received through the HDMI port.

All ideas and opinions are welcome!! If any further clarification is required - let me know!

Ta

James

Graham M
28-03-2008, 11:57
You will still need an external aerial for that to work, it is the same with VM Cable

James79
28-03-2008, 12:01
I thought that. Although, I currently have VM and the box I have (an older PACE - which is still alive) allows me to tune BBC1 - Five individually.

Its obviously a box issued before the RF bypass thingy was removed! Forgive my ignorance. I can never remember what you call that technology!!

King Of Fools
28-03-2008, 13:50
I am considering having Sky HD installed and was wondering if someone could confirm that I will not need an external aerial to receive terrestrial broadcasts (ie - BBC1 - FIVE).

To clarify, I know I will be able to receive them through the Sky box but I would also like to have them tuned into their individual channels on the TV. For example - Channels 1 through 5 will be occupied by the terrestrial channels, and the Sky box will be tuned into Channel 6 (also being received through the HDMI port.
You will be able to do this, however this will obviously not work after the analogue switch off in 2012.

spike7451
28-03-2008, 17:25
I thought that. Although, I currently have VM and the box I have (an older PACE - which is still alive) allows me to tune BBC1 - Five individually.

Its obviously a box issued before the RF bypass thingy was removed! Forgive my ignorance. I can never remember what you call that technology!!

NOTE; You may loose that facilty as well if & when the drop is disconnected at the street cabinet.