PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Mobile min/texts 300/300 no rollover from 28 april 08

bikeman
28-03-2008, 10:51
I have just received a text from Vm stating that from 28/4/08 they will no longer be rolling over unsed mins for cable 300 users.

I am not happy with this since it was a great plus for me.

And I seem to remember this was a contract offered for as long as I was a VM cable user so I am well peeved that they now think they can change the terms of my contact with them.

I want to urge every cable 300 user to contact VM to voice their disatisfaction and threaten cancellation.

Let's get them to change their minds on this one.

:td:

punbros
28-03-2008, 11:23
I got the text a while ago too about this. Very sad and angry at the same time...

tweetypie/8
28-03-2008, 11:57
I have just received a text from Vm stating that from 28/4/08 they will no longer be rolling over unsed mins for cable 300 users.

I am not happy with this since it was a great plus for me.

And I seem to remember this was a contract offered for as long as I was a VM cable user so I am well peeved that they now think they can change the terms of my contact with them.

I want to urge every cable 300 user to contact VM to voice their disatisfaction and threaten cancellation.

Let's get them to change their minds on this one.

:td:

same here got word this morning,wonder why they are doing it :erm: must say i am peeved.

Mick
28-03-2008, 12:44
Just got the text in the last few minutes - On the phone to them right now - Stuck in a queue - message said...

'We are unusually busy right now - you could be waiting up to 20 minutes to speak to someone."

I think its absolutely disgusting that they are informing the customers of this massive change in terms of service by text.

thanosp
28-03-2008, 12:52
I just got it also and said to check if anyone else received also. It is really unprofessional to let you know about changes in our T&C simply by texting. Although rarely i spend my 300 mins it was really a plus as i was feeling more secure. Time to call them at some point...:td:

Tod
28-03-2008, 13:22
I also rarely use my texts and minutes, but I could have a busy month where I do use more minutes. Not happy at all with this and will phone to complain also.

superbiatch
28-03-2008, 13:35
I remember O2 did this with me last year via text, when i argued the case they had a clause in the contract which enabled them to do this. I just bet VM will also have an answer at the ready also :rolleyes:

Mick
28-03-2008, 13:39
I remember O2 did this with me last year via text, when i argued the case they had a clause in the contract which enabled them to do this. I just bet VM will also have an answer at the ready also :rolleyes:

It was their answer. But I take exception to being informed in such a unprofessional way.

Anyone not happy with this should e-mail: theteam@virginmobile.com

superbiatch
28-03-2008, 13:48
It was their answer. But I take exception to being informed in such a unprofessional way.

IMO they do this to avoid confrontation as much as possible. If you get an e-mail, you're like to respond as you are with a letter. But you can't text back to these numbers, downright disgrace!

(Remember those poor people who lost their jobs in the same way!)

kronas
28-03-2008, 14:48
phone them and hammer them with compliants get it logged and sent, ive been on hold for about 12 minutes:

freephone on landline:

0800 0520837

raefil
28-03-2008, 14:51
Copy of email sent to them.

It seems that you are intent on losing customers by changing the terms of many peoples contracts. Im sure that hidden somewhere amongst the terms and conditions you are entitled to do it but it is very unprofessional the way you have gone about informing customers. I along with many others will be seeking another provider.

Thank you

I will be considering my future with virgin altogethr if this is the unprofessional manner in which they treat their customers.

kronas
28-03-2008, 14:54
from what i have been told just now there is no complaints department as such lol on the phone as there is no system ???? but you can write an email to be forwarded to the complaints department or letter.

oh and from what i have been told its purely a business decision.

Mick
28-03-2008, 15:00
oh and from what i have been told its purely a business decision.

A bad decision which will mean customers seeking deals on other providers. I hope the bean counters at Virgin Mobile are very happy about what they have done today and I hope they are aware they have tarnished or quite possibly demolished the quite reputable status they had.

This is a total bad move and the text message announcing this to their customers was nothing short of a unprofessional and backward method in which they have informed their customers.

They deserve to lose a lot of customers over this move.

kronas
28-03-2008, 15:17
A bad decision which will mean customers seeking deals on other providers. I hope the bean counters at Virgin Mobile very happy about what they have done today and the very rude, unprofessional and backward method in which they have informed their customers.

They deserve to lose a lot of customers over this move.

well the person i talked to was straightforward about it, she said yes it does not benefit customers but its most likely a cost issue behind the scenes, to be honest the tariff is competitive but maybe priced too low for them as ofcourse they piggyback on the t-mobile network and maybe not enough subscribers on higher tariffs, also its becoming slightly less attractive to be on the 300/300 tariff as now o2 has a unlimited plan on pay and go, yes its o2 to o2 but it depends on what the network the people around you are on!

tweetypie/8
28-03-2008, 15:24

just after emailing them mick and expressed my disgust.:td:

fryster2005
28-03-2008, 15:46
If I texted in sick to work or something like that, it would be frowned upon in a big way and would probably result in disciplinary action. What an awful way to inform customers:(

willas00
28-03-2008, 15:50
I've just emailed them throught the website saying what an Unimpressive Package this is.

Moaning and saying I'd like to make an offical complaint and how I will be looking for another provider if they dont do any thing about this.

Also said how unhappy I am by the fact I got told by a text!

lostandconfused
28-03-2008, 16:23
Agree with the bit about being informed by text, but £10 for 300 mins/texts is still a very good offer IMHO

Mick
28-03-2008, 16:32
Agree with the bit about being informed by text, but £10 for 300 mins/texts is still a very good offer IMHO

Not when those minutes/texts are lost if unused its not and I don't care how good the deal is, being informed in such a disrespectful way may have just cost them my custom. Not sure how others feel about moving away from Virgin Mobile because of this.

logo
28-03-2008, 17:04
Im also on this deal, but no ther network offers roll over. You pay £10 for 300 & 300 - this is still a great deal that no other network can beat easy as.

Its not a great move, but i will still be staying with VM as no network can offer a deal that beats this.

I think some of you are over reacting completly, if you dont use your mins anyway, you are not losing out. Because you get another 300 and 300 next month.

I will be interesting to see how many of you who are cancelling actually take that up - i dont think many of you will as you will realise that you cant get a better offer.

Rant over. ;)

bargepole
28-03-2008, 17:13
Tend to agree with logo on this, it was good whilst it lasted.

But 300/300 for £10 to any network is still good deal even without rollovers.

Dissapointed to loose it but there you go.

awesometeeth
28-03-2008, 17:16
im kinda glad they told me via text! that way i know about it instantly, i get so much stuff through the post with changes to T&C's etc that this makes a nice change and i dont have to read through hours of legal jazz to get to the point.

bit peeved about losing the roll overs though, maybe we dont make them enough money and they want us gone!

Mick
28-03-2008, 17:20
Im also on this deal, but no ther network offers roll over. You pay £10 for 300 & 300 - this is still a great deal that no other network can beat easy as.

Its not a great move, but i will still be staying with VM as no network can offer a deal that beats this.

I think some of you are over reacting completly, if you dont use your mins anyway, you are not losing out. Because you get another 300 and 300 next month.

I will be interesting to see how many of you who are cancelling actually take that up - i dont think many of you will as you will realise that you cant get a better offer.

Rant over. ;)

Spending a few pounds more won't bother me - I actually like to pay for a service that actually respects its customers.

As I said above to the last poster - I don't care how good the deal is - I take exception and it would appear others in this thread do as well, to being informed of a considerable change to Terms of service by text message. It just smacks of arrogance and it is somewhat unprofessional.

lostandconfused
28-03-2008, 17:27
Spending a few pounds more won't bother me - I actually like to pay for a service that actually respects its customers.

As I said above to the last poster - I don't care how good the deal is - I take exception and it would appear others in this thread do as well, to being informed of a considerable change to Terms of service by text message. It just smacks of arrogance and it is somewhat unprofessional.

What exactly is it that you object to so much about being informed by text?
The advantages in my view are, its quicker than say sending a letter and more people will see it as oposed an update on the website.

Also if you wanted written conformation im sure its available on the webstie or CS could arrange one to be posted out.

Something about it doesnt sit too well, but i cant put my finger on what exactly it is. Just after other peoples thoughts.

Mick
28-03-2008, 17:35
What exactly is it that you object to so much about being informed by text?

The advantages in my view are, its quicker than say sending a letter and more people will see it as oposed an update on the website.

They sent one setence about the change - no explanation, nothing, this is not acceptable and is what I and others have taken exception to. - I want notifying of any changes, in significant detail and this is usually done by letter - this is the professional conduct I expect to receive when dealing with any large and well known business company.

Also if you wanted written conformation im sure its available on the webstie or CS could arrange one to be posted out.

CS said they were informing customers via letter as well - so what the point of this text message was, I'll never know but they could have avoided a lot of upset by not using a text message as a way and means to communicate with their customers.

SanityJane
28-03-2008, 17:47
Sure getting an update via text isn't perfect, but you're assuming they won't also be sending a letter. Maybe they want to be double sure they're telling everyone?

Facts: 300/300 for £10 is an awesome deal, best on market IMHO. No one else does rollover. Their service is generally streets better than eveyone else. And apparently their data rate is coming down big time.

Without wanting to generalise about us forum members, we spend our time trying to find the very very best deal out there, and we're just irked because this deal got slightly worse.

Maybe you are happy to pay a few pounds more as a point of principle, but I think it's more likely that you'll carefully pour over all the tariff tables, realise it's the best deal out there, and stick with it. But you'll feel better that you've flexed your consumer muscle power by complaining about it to them and on here. Good luck to you - I think the reaction is OTT.

Mick
28-03-2008, 17:51
I think the reaction is OTT.

I don't. I have a right to feel disgusted at being informed by text - It's not the professional way to communicate with customers especially as something as significant as a terms of service change and Virgin Mobile should be aware of that.

Btw welcome to the site. :welcome:

awesometeeth
28-03-2008, 18:31
CS said they were informing customers via letter as well - so what the point of this text message was, I'll never know but they could have avoided a lot of upset by not using a text message as a way and means to communicate with their customers.

i dont understand, if its as well as a letter, surely that defeats the majority of complaints? A text i fine with me, it got across all the info in a nice convenient way.

I personally feel i was far more likely to be aware of the changes now than if i was just sent a letter.

I dont see the issue, we get texted when our minutes have been updated as well. If people want a letter, they may well be getting one, negating that line of complaint. I would rather a text than a phone call during the footy :D

chickendippers
28-03-2008, 18:49
There is a link in the text message to a webpage that explains the changes more fully.

I am somewhat disappointed as the rollover minutes are what keep me from going over my allocation. Vodafone have a very tempting SIM only package as do O2, it may be time to re-consider.

Sirius
28-03-2008, 19:57

This is yet another indication of the Virgin way of doing things. First there was the Sky TV incident, Then the Phorm spyware system broke, and now we have the Text message change of terms and conditions. What next hard working members of staff fired by text message ????.

Virgin in my opinion are a company that has pushed the self destruct button in the last month with that stupid decisions it has made over Phorm.

All i am waiting for is the confirmation letter that the Phorm spyware system is to be launched as a Opt Out and i will be Opting Out of all of my Virgin product's for good.

Zee
28-03-2008, 20:51
Why are people getting so upset about the way VM has informed customers?
You got told about the change in your service, did you not? so what is the problem? Atleast they are trying to inform customers ASAP instead of keeping it a secret like they do with most stuff.

Sirius
28-03-2008, 20:57
You got told about the change in your service, did you not? so what is the problem? At least they are trying to inform customers ASAP instead of keeping it a secret like they do with most stuff.

I tend not to use Text and i tend not to read text messages sent to me, What if as i normally do i had just deleted the text message without reading it.

I prefer to talk to people on a phone which lets be truthful is what its for ?.

And if Virgin get away with this, What will be the next change to terms and conditions they decide to text to us.

brianivor
28-03-2008, 20:58
I have only just purchased a mobile phone and sim to use the Virgin 300/300 offer for £10 per month and like most of you the rollover was the clincher for me. I will seriously consider leaving them if the start this malarkey!!

I haven't received this text yet - could it depend on whether you have all the other Virgin media services,TV, Phone and broadband??:erm:

Zee
28-03-2008, 21:05
I tend not to use Text and i tend not to read text messages sent to me, What if as i normally do i had just deleted the text message without reading it.

I prefer to talk to people on a phone which lets be truthful is what its for ?.

And if Virgin get away with this, What will be the next change to terms and conditions they decide to text to us.

True, but which company will call up millions of people to inform them that, it would take so long.

awesometeeth
28-03-2008, 22:54
I have only just purchased a mobile phone and sim to use the Virgin 300/300 offer for £10 per month and like most of you the rollover was the clincher for me. I will seriously consider leaving them if the start this malarkey!!

I haven't received this text yet - could it depend on whether you have all the other Virgin media services,TV, Phone and broadband??:erm:

dont think so, we have the VIP package.

lets focus on the shitty change rather than how they told us about it, especially as a letter might be coming :)

WHISTLED
28-03-2008, 23:19
It was always going to be confirmed in writing though wasnt it - Sending a text is just another media/method and as its a mobile company an entirely appropriate one! I would have worded the text differently though.

The change is effective in 30 days so a text today informs everyone with reasonable notice, its pretty much guaranteed delivery and failures will be visible to be re-sent.

People always state they didnt get the letter or the email when companies make changes. This removes that possibility.

I tend not to use Text and i tend not to read text messages sent to me, What if as i normally do i had just deleted the text message without reading it. There is always one though.. Then that would have been you fault for not reading it wouldnt it..

Sirius
29-03-2008, 00:04
There is always one though.. Then that would have been you fault for not reading it wouldnt it..

So whats your problem with what i said. ?

Its my decision if i wish to read my txts or not, And its not your place to make a issue of it. There is always one that has to find fault in someones posts its just funny it's always you.

rogerdraig
29-03-2008, 00:22
You got told about the change in your service, did you not? so what is the problem? Atleast they are trying to inform customers ASAP instead of keeping it a secret like they do with most stuff.

it would be fine imho IF you could reply to same text via that number of your decision to leave with out penalty due to change in contract

doesnt seem to have that option

if they can inform you of change via txt so should you be able to ! to me it just seems another reason not to trust this company any more

WHISTLED
29-03-2008, 01:15
So whats your problem with what i said. ?

Its my decision if i wish to read my txts or not, And its not your place to make a issue of it. There is always one that has to find fault in someones posts its just funny it's always you.

Say what you like and do what you like with your texts, neither are of concern to me - Im struggling to identify where in the 18 words I made an 'issue of' anything.

The point was, and remains if you choose to delete texts without reading (which lets be truthful is what its for!), then failure to receive the communication until the letter arrives would have been no-ones fault but you own.

Bless - Life must be very upsetting when you take things so personally.

willas00
29-03-2008, 01:39
Personally I'm not disappointed by the offer of mins n text not carrying over because 300 texts is enought for me and by the time im due to renew i only have about 3-50 left and for minutes i run out quickly.

I'm more disapointed by the way they told me.

A simple email, letter or phone call would of been better than a stupid text.

Not very impressive text.

Also what annoys me is the fact to find out more I have to call or check out there website.

NOTE: Call to them costs 10p credit. (Not much I know but still it should be free!)

NOTE2: What if I only had TV and Landline say from Virgin Media? How would i get onto there website to find out?

lostandconfused
29-03-2008, 08:11
But they are following it up with a letter. Obviously a text is going to take less time to arrive instead of a letter, so its probably on its way, but as has been said before they would get delivery and read reports so people cant say they wernt informed.

If you dont read your texts then fine, wait until you get the letter, it will just take a bit longer. I think its unreasonable to expect a company to call each and every customer to explain the changes, and i bet a lot more people would complain at being cold called when eastenders was on.

With regards to cancelling your contract by text, im sure that would be fine, provided like virgin mobile you followed it up with a letter...

arcamalpha2004
29-03-2008, 08:40
But they are following it up with a letter. Obviously a text is going to take less time to arrive instead of a letter, so its probably on its way, but as has been said before they would get delivery and read reports so people cant say they wernt informed.

If you dont read your texts then fine, wait until you get the letter, it will just take a bit longer. I think its unreasonable to expect a company to call each and every customer to explain the changes, and i bet a lot more people would complain at being cold called when eastenders was on.

With regards to cancelling your contract by text, im sure that would be fine, provided like virgin mobile you followed it up with a letter...

Dont try to trivialise the matter, so they are going to follow it up with a letter, hence rubbing more salt into the wounds.

Sorry VM are really showing their true colours lately.

Mick
29-03-2008, 08:58
Yes I am getting increasingly irritated with some trying to trivialise this. They wouldn't be trivialising it if they were being told by text that they had been fired.

The fact of the matter is - I take exception to being informed of a massive change in terms of service by a somewhat vague text message.

Sirius
29-03-2008, 09:06
Yes I am getting increasingly irritated with some trying to trivialise this. They wouldn't be trivialising it if they were being told by text that they had been fired.

The fact of the matter is - I take exception to being informed of a massive change in terms of service by a somewhat vague text message.

I see this as yet another in the " we don't give a Flying watsit about our customers"

bikeman
29-03-2008, 10:55
Don't Forget These Are not Free Minutes They Are Just Rolling Over What You've Already Paid For!

Can I suggest that when you contact VM to complain that you threaten to cancel your broadband and landline since these are the services that VM are most desperate to retain. This is most likely to get a positive result.

If Cust services wont play ball you should insist on talking to their Retentions dept.

gallego1
29-03-2008, 11:35
As metioned here Virgin MOBILE has used the easiest way to get to the Virgin MOBILE Users TEXT Message is the way to send a written message to a mobile phone!!!!

If it was a change in service to our TV it would have been on channel 999

Broadband would be a email.
so therefore mobile by text

Did we have this whinging when we were informed a couple of years ago BY TEXT that contacting other Virgin MOBLE users by phone or text were reduced or free for the summer ( i cannot remember which) I havent checked but I cant remember any

raefil
29-03-2008, 12:05
Copy of email sent to them.

It seems that you are intent on losing customers by changing the terms of many peoples contracts. Im sure that hidden somewhere amongst the terms and conditions you are entitled to do it but it is very unprofessional the way you have gone about informing customers. I along with many others will be seeking another provider.

Thank you

I will be considering my future with virgin altogethr if this is the unprofessional manner in which they treat their customers.

The reply I got to the above email:

Hi there,

Thanks for your email to Virgin Mobile about carry over on your current package.

We can understand that you feel upset about being contacted about our recent change to our 300/300 package for Virgin Media customers.

We can confirm that from Monday 28 April, we'll be removing all minute and text rollover for existing customers on our Virgin Media deal for £10 a month on 300 minutes and texts.

This means any remaining minutes or texts that you haven't used by the bundle renewal date will be lost. Your core 300/300 for £10 tariff is still market beating, even after we have removed rollover.

We're sorry to hear that you're not happy by this change but there is also some new good news! You will see a drop in the amount it costs to surf the net on your mobile phone when in the UK. From Monday 23 June, it will only cost £2 per MB when in the UK (a huge drop from its current cost of £5 per MB). Please note that the cost of using WAP while roaming will remain at £5 per MB.

300/300 customers will continue to enjoy free voicemail, Crave benefits and 3p texts to other Virgin Mobiles, when you've used up your 300 texts per month.

We can also confirm that by being a Virgin Media customer you're being able to take advantage of our lowest monthly tariff of £10 a month. We need to advise that we still have other packages available on a pay monthly basis where you'll have roll over, you'll be able to check this information online at virginmobile.com.

We'll make sure that your thoughts are passed onto the relevant department to look into.

We hope that this has helped to clear things up and we can only apologise for any inconvenience that may have been caused.

If there's anything else we can help you with, just reply to this email. You can also give us a call on 789 from any Virgin Mobile phone – it's just 10p, no matter how long you talk for. Or, you can call us on 0845 6000 789 from a fixed line phone. These calls are charged at local rate.

How did we do? If you'd like to give us some feedback, just click on the link below and fill in our online questionnaire. You might like to have your original email handy to read while you're doing it. We promise to use your answers to make our service the best it can be.

Click here to complete the survey.

Kind regards,

Chris Purdom
Virgin Mobile

willas00
29-03-2008, 12:33
We can also confirm that by being a Virgin Media customer you're being able to take advantage of our lowest monthly tariff of £10 a month. We need to advise that we still have other packages available on a pay monthly basis where you'll have roll over, you'll be able to check this information online at virginmobile.com.

Indeed.

The 300/300 deal actually retails at £25 per month from Virgin Mobile and does roll over. Probably because you are paying more.

For £10 a month all Virgin Customers on this deal are saving £15 compared to a none virgin media customer who would pay £25.

If you want some more texts buy a cheap phone from virgin online ;) you get a 1000 texts voucher thats 250 texts every month for four months.

And they roll over I think untill the 4th month when that have to be used or they disappear.

WHISTLED
29-03-2008, 12:42

Not allowed to have a view that isnt yours Mick? I think that text is an appropriate media for that side of VM, as said I would have drafted it different as it was vague, as you say.

Comparing it to being sacked by text is just an emotional rsponse as the 2 have no similarities. One wouldnt bother me the the would clearly.

The actual change is a small one, it isnt a significant change to the full terms and conditions its a feature/benifit. So the impact and and emotions are typically more.

I dont know but suspect that the vast majority dont use the carry overs, which may exaplian why VM havent recognised the potential response.

bikeman
29-03-2008, 13:43
The 300/300 deal actually retails at £25 per month from Virgin Mobile.

NOT true. Virgin's 15 Talk is 300/300 for £15pm - see
http://www.virginmobile.com/vm/paymonthlySimOnly.do

also from VM

£15 text is 150mins / 1000 texts for £15pm - see

Other deals available for anyone wanting to barter with VM:

Oranges Dolphin 15 is 100mins/unlimited texts for £15 - see
http://shop.orange.co.uk/shop/paymonthly?WT.svl=203

O2 offers favourite place - 500mins to landlines and O2 mobiles for £10 topup, see
http://www.o2.co.uk/mobilestariffs/tariffs/paygo/favouriteplace

O2 Unlimited calls to O2 mobiles and unlimited texts for £15pm, see
http://shop.o2.co.uk/tariffs/18_months

Three offer stretch15, 300 anywhere min/texts plus 300mins to 3 mobiles for £15, see
http://three.co.uk/personal/price_plans_/pay_as_you_go_/what_it_costs.omp

For those who are so willing to accept a change to their contract with VM, I ask - will you be so happy when the mins are reduced to 200 next month? Or the monthly charge upped to £20 the month after?

Remember these are minutes you've paid for - losing them just puts profit straight into VMs pocket.

Let them know what you think now - Virgin Media are desperate to hold onto your broadband and landline business because they've invested a lot in their cable networks. Their mobile service is simply a resell of tmobile so they think they can afford to lose a few customers. Let them know that if you go you'll take your broadband and landline service with you. I bet they will offer you your rollover minutes back.

Mick
29-03-2008, 13:44
Not allowed to have a view that isnt yours Mick? I think that text is an appropriate media for that side of VM

Well I don't and don't you use that tone with me - I want efficient and effective means of communication - a text doesn't cut it for me, I find it lacks professionalism thank you very much and I am entitled to feel aggrieved by it.

Comparing it to being sacked by text is just an emotional rsponse as the 2 have no similarities. One wouldnt bother me the the would clearly.

Rubbish. It was not an emotional response at all. :rolleyes:

The actual change is a small one, it isnt a significant change to the full terms and conditions its a feature/benifit. So the impact and and emotions are typically more.

The change might be small to you - but is a large one to me - Also it's a bloody change to the terms and conditions - VM CS when I phoned them I got quoted that it was a change to the conditions of the original agreement that I had taken out with them from the start, so go figure.

lostandconfused
29-03-2008, 13:44

Im not sure if that is aimed at me? As i am not trying to trvialise the matter (even though IMHO it is a trivial matter)

I would understand if it was just a text, but its not they are sending a letter out explaining it in more depth. This is just a 'heads-up' which considering they are a media company seems only logical.

Being fired by text is something completly different.

Clealy we are not going to agree, so time to unsubscribe to this thread

Dont try to trivialise the matter, so they are going to follow it up with a letter, hence rubbing more salt into the wounds.

Sorry VM are really showing their true colours lately.

I agree with the bit about the rolling over minutes going is a shame, but the same product is normally £25 so you are still getting a good deal. The point i was making was that a text followed up by a letter doesnt deserve such an outcry IMO.

Mick
29-03-2008, 13:55
I would understand if it was just a text, but its not they are sending a letter out explaining it in more depth.

This I find completely unacceptable - A text is not the correct way to deal a blow, a change to service to the customer - its a bit late them now sending the letter, waste of a tree don't you think? Now that I and others have been told in such an inappropriate and stupid manner.

I agree with the bit about the rolling over minutes going is a shame, but the same product is normally £25 so you are still getting a good deal. The point i was making was that a text followed up by a letter doesnt deserve such an outcry IMO.

As pointed out - sending out the letter is too little, too late, I know, you know, everybody knows, by a poxy bloody text. :td::td:

bikeman
29-03-2008, 14:07
Look guys - turning this thread into your personal battle is diverting from the main point in that regardless of how announced we're getting worse deal. Please let's keep the thread to rally up support against VM to get the deal back.

Mick
29-03-2008, 14:34
No arguement here bikeman - just tired of some folk trying to trivialise a matter that means a significant deal to me and others who have also posted their dissatisfaction at receiving the text yesterday.

snazzy
29-03-2008, 14:46

Not when you're just getting a sim and no free phone. There are deals that are a bit dearer, but at least you get a half decent phone.

---------- Post added at 14:46 ---------- Previous post was at 14:42 ----------

I have 500 mins and a decent Sony walkman phone on 3 for £15. I had 3 months left and was hoping I could get several of these 300/300 sim only deals. Obviously I'll not bother trying to ask now.

I notice with a lot of the virgin phone deals, the phone themselves are way over priced, this sim only deal wasn't that great, but it was useful. Now it's just another offer that's out there with all the others. Nothing special.

Mick
29-03-2008, 14:57
I notice with a lot of the virgin phone deals, the phone themselves are way over priced, this sim only deal wasn't that great, but it was useful. Now it's just another offer that's out there with all the others. Nothing special.

Absolutely - the rollover minutes/texts was possibly the deciding factor for people who wanted the deal, Virgin Mobile have effectively reduced this package by 100% and I and others are suppose to sit here and pretend everything is fine and dandy, oh please. :td:

Their somewhat attempt to introduce a sweetener to dampen down the removal of their rollover min/txts was a waste of time. So what that they have reduced prices for WAP access, its nothing to smile about either. It's still a rip off, priced for access at £2 per 1Mb of used data.

snazzy
29-03-2008, 15:14
It was only the rollover that interested me. After all, I still had to find phones for the sims. Now I can't be bothered. Think I'll just stick with 3 for now.

WHISTLED
29-03-2008, 15:44
Well I don't and don't you use that tone with me - I want efficient and effective means of communication - a text doesn't cut it for me, I find it lacks professionalism thank you very much and I am entitled to feel aggrieved by it.Well done in establishing tone from simple text with no indicators of there being any(Caps, excessive punctuation, bold text, graphics etc)

No-one has said your not entitled to feel aggrieved, thats your personal (and others) view on the situation. As this is a forum I would have though that varying views and discussion were expected and respected?! Not the case obviosuly \/

<REMOVED - you WILL NOT discuss reps given / received - Jefferson T>

Also it's a bloody change to the terms and conditions - VM CS when I quoted them quoted that it was a change to the conditions of the original agreement that I had taken out with them from the start, so go figure. I said its a small change as in the number of terms that have changed and not in reference to the impact on you or any other customer. My point was that a single ammendment can fit on a text whereas a major change to tarriffs of a full revision of the t+c's could not.

Helix
29-03-2008, 15:46
Does anyone know if the £2 per MB will apply to everyone or just those on the £10 per month plan? I was hopping they would introduce a capped service like other networks where you don't pay anymore than a certain amount for a days access.

dilli-theclaw
29-03-2008, 15:56
I want efficient and effective means of communication - a text doesn't cut it for me, I find it lacks professionalism thank you very much and I am entitled to feel aggrieved by it.

I have yet to get this text, but what irritates me is that I am lucky in that my phone can / will read it out to me.

Some people may well not have that on their phone.

Also every time virgin change something like this they don't inform me in a format I can access, which they should as they know about my disability (I get large print bills alreaday).

I don't find a text a very good way of informing people at all.

Mick
29-03-2008, 16:09
Well done in establishing tone from simple text with no indicators of there being any(Caps, excessive punctuation, bold text, graphics etc)

No-one has said your not entitled to feel aggrieved, thats your personal (and others) view on the situation. As this is a forum I would have though that varying views and discussion were expected and respected?!

Why the hell should I respect your views when you have disrespected other peoples views?

I am tired of people throwing out that I am a mod and I should watch what I say, forget it - it will never happen - I believe I am entitled to my views as long as I apply to the rules I set on others, there should be no issue.

I said its a small change as in the number of terms that have changed and not in reference to the impact on you or any other customer. My point was that a single ammendment can fit on a text whereas a major change to tarriffs of a full revision of the t+c's could not.

And I said it is not a small change. Its a significant change to me.-end of story.

BenMcr
30-03-2008, 15:57
This I find completely unacceptable - A text is not the correct way to deal a blow, a change to service to the customer - its a bit late them now sending the letter, waste of a tree don't you think? Now that I and others have been told in such an inappropriate and stupid manner.

Would it have been better if the letter came out first FOLLOWED by the text?

The website on the text is here btw http://www.virginmobilepeople.com/300300/

And just to point out how other companies do things. I'm with be internet. Recently they changed their terms and conditions. I have had no written confirmation of this at all. What I did get however, was an e-mail with a copy of the terms attached and a text saying they have changed the terms and conditions.

So Virgin Mobile are not unique in using texts in this way

Mick
30-03-2008, 16:10
Would it have been better if the letter came out first FOLLOWED by the text?

Well the text wouldn't be needed if they sent a letter, seems rather a waste of resources doing both which are they doing anyway - I just think a text informing someone of some bad news or a change of service that results in the removal of a feature, is not the proper way to communicate on a professional level.

I used to recommend lots of people to Virgin Mobile as their customer service was up to good standards but this sorry state of affairs has left a bitter taste in my mouth that I am not bothered if I have to pay that bit more on another provider.

BenMcr
30-03-2008, 16:31
I just don't see what the big hang up over the text is as long as that isn't the only communication they have sent.

I didn't think Virgin Mobile sent paper bills out, so most customers would be used to other communication methods.

As it is, they have sent a text, sent a letter AND put up a website. I don't see how covering all the avaliable communication methods is a BAD thing

For customers who don't read the text, they get it in writing.

For those who don't read the letter, they get a text.

For those customers who don't read the text OR the letter, well then that is their fault

Also there are probably alot of people who have the SIM but aren't the registered account holder. Therefore it could be the son/daughter that has the SIM but Virgin would write to the Dad/Mum. At least sending both, everyone gets the message

---------- Post added at 16:31 ---------- Previous post was at 16:17 ----------

And not to mention if they HADN'T sent a text or done the website you would have people posting on here

'I never got the letter' 'I thought it was junk mail so I threw it away' etc

snazzy
30-03-2008, 17:16
I couldn't give rats @!ӣ about the method of conveying the message. This is a major change of contract/service. If this had been people on 4meg BB and it had just been dropped to 2meg they'd be just as much stink. The thread is really to do with the change and not the method of message delivery.

Mick
30-03-2008, 18:45
I just don't see what the big hang up over the text is as long as that isn't the only communication they have sent.

The hang up is that it is unprofessional to communicate such changes via text - I don't know how many more times I can say this and as I have already pointed out - its pointless sending out a letter, after they have sent the text, it's just a waste of paper and ink.

I didn't think Virgin Mobile sent paper bills out, so most customers would be used to other communication methods.

They send out paper bills as I get one every month.

As it is, they have sent a text, sent a letter AND put up a website. I don't see how covering all the avaliable communication methods is a BAD thing

Because they sent the text first before the other two methods which would have been the professional thing to do in the first intance.

For customers who don't read the text, they get it in writing.

For those who don't read the letter, they get a text.

For those customers who don't read the text OR the letter, well then that is their fault

You are missing the point - No company who changes a massive aspect about their services, should be communicating this change via text and a rather vague one at that.

The thread is really to do with the change and not the method of message delivery.

The thread is and can be about both.

Sirius
30-03-2008, 18:54
My feelings are that this is the start of the New way Virgin will do things. Top of that list is that they seem to have decided they dont give a flying whatsit about their customers and how they communicate with them.

In the last month they have made me WANT to leave them, Why

No Linear HD STILL.

About to sell our private data to a spyware company.

And now this totally unprofessional way of communicating with their paying customers.

dilli-theclaw
30-03-2008, 18:56
For those customers who don't read the text OR the letter, well then that is their faultDo you think that's true in all cases?

BenMcr
30-03-2008, 20:19
The hang up is that it is unprofessional to communicate such changes via text - I don't know how many more times I can say this and as I have already pointed out - its pointless sending out a letter, after they have sent the text, it's just a waste of paper and ink.

I accept that maybe they should have done it the other way round, and I shall mention that when I can so they look at it in future.

They send out paper bills as I get one every month.

OK, I don't cos I'm on PAYG with them and as it is more like a PAYG SIM than a contract SIM i though it was the same.

You are missing the point - No company who changes a massive aspect about their services, should be communicating this change via text and a rather vague one at that.

But the message also has a weblink in it, which has the details in full.

Do you think that's true in all cases?

Of course I don't but what else would you want Virgin to do? They have written to all customers (in two forms) and posted a website.

Physically phone up every customer and tell then? Then you would have people posting on here going "I've recieved a phone call of this bloke, is it genuine? I didn't give Virgin permission to phone me!"

At some point there has to be an expectation by a company that customers are going to read what they send them

dilli-theclaw
30-03-2008, 20:22
Actually in the cases where the customer can't do either (and virgin know about it) yes I'd expect a phone call.

As for 'Of course I don't' well you made the blanket statement so I was asking you to clarify what you meant which you did.

Mick
30-03-2008, 20:23
Of course I don't but what else would you want Virgin to do?

Send a letter which informs them of a change to terms - like every other normal company does. Not a text, sent first hand.

Getting back to the change - it would seem this is only happening on the Virgin Media cable deal. Those on other tarrifs still get their rollover minutes.

Sirius
30-03-2008, 20:25
Send a letter which informs them of a change to terms - like every other normal company does. Not a text, sent first hand

Getting back to the change - it would seem this is only happening on the Virgin Media cable deal. Those on other tariffs still get their rollover minutes.

So it is Cable customers yet again that are getting shafted ?.

Mick
30-03-2008, 20:27

Yes it would seem so.

BenMcr
30-03-2008, 20:27
As I think I've said before, it is only the 300/300 cable deal that is affected.

The other cable deal which is a 100/100 with a free phone (and 12 months contract) is not affected

The new liberty SIM (not cable exclusive) http://www.virginmobile.com/vm/paymonthlySimOnly.do also doesn't have rollover mins

The T&Cs from the website for Pay Month SIM only (http://www.virginmobile.com/vm/genericContent.do?contentId=our.service.footer.sm0 68#Terms%20and%20conditions%20for%20Pay%20Monthly% 20SIM%20only%20bundles) says

2. No Carry over: Any unused allowance in your Bundle remaining at the end of a month will be lost and will not carry over to the following month

So it looks like it is NOT just the cable deal that is affected, only the rolling 30 day contract Pay Monthly SIM only deals

Mick
30-03-2008, 20:46
Still - Virgin Mobile have got rid of the rollover minutes because they feel they are catering for a 'change' in the mobile market - people using WAP access more.

So what do they go and do? They think reducing their WAP access tarrifs is justification for the removal of their rollover min/txts. £2 for 1Mb usage is still way over expensive for data usage. I don't use WAP anyway.

They got the bit right where there has been a change in the market and people using smart phones to access internet services - but I am pretty certain - other providers are charging far less if hardly anything at all to access WAP on their phones.

So Virgin Mobile have accomplished nothing except making lots of customers very angry and a chunk of customers leave to go onto other providers. Way to go Virgin Mobile. :rolleyes:

AndyCambs
30-03-2008, 21:27
NOTE2: What if I only had TV and Landline say from Virgin Media? How would i get onto there website to find out?

Then you wouldn't have the 300+300 tariff as it's sold as "four for £40"

---------- Post added at 21:25 ---------- Previous post was at 21:17 ----------

I'm not terribly sure what some people's problem is with this change?
If you didn't use the 300 minutes/text each month, then there's no difference. You'll still end up with 300 minutes and 300 text messages to use.

If you did use more than the 300 - then again, no difference. You'll pay for what you use over.

---------- Post added at 21:27 ---------- Previous post was at 21:25 ----------

Or the alternative view that cable customers have benefitted from an extra special deal for the past 12-15months and it's now brought into line with others.

Mick
30-03-2008, 21:35
If you didn't use the 300 minutes/text each month, then there's no difference. You'll still end up with 300 minutes and 300 text messages to use.

If you did use more than the 300 - then again, no difference. You'll pay for what you use over.

The problem is that it is a loss no matter which way you look at it.

Someone who used just 100 minutes or texts, of the 200 minutes/txts they have left - they will get their 300 min/txts in the next month meaning they have 500 in the next month.

But with the removal of the rollover - 200 minutes of unused minutes/txts gets lost, these minutes and texts have been paid for - they are not free minutes being awarded or anything, this is what I have a major problem about.

It's not a trivial matter like you are making it out to be. I am very annoyed about this change.

Or the alternative view that cable customers have benefitted from an extra special deal for the past 12-15months and it's now brought into line with others.

No. Virgin Media have benefitted from people taking all four services. The reason behind the name change from ntl to Virgin Media, although people have just accepted that it was just a name change, nothing else.

Now that Virgin Mobile have stuck the two fingers up at us VM cable users by removing the roll over minutes, renders their motto of "4 for £40" into a really crap deal.

BenMcr
30-03-2008, 21:38
As far as I can see (After looking up all other operator's SIM only offers) Virgin were the only company to offer rolling over for the SIM only option in the first place

And the cable SIM is only a 30 day contract, so if you feel that is no longer good value, you can switch whenever you like

Plus even without the roll over it is still a good deal. I can't find anything that is that cheap and gives you the same mins/texts

Mick
30-03-2008, 21:49
As far as I can see (After looking up all other operator's SIM only offers) Virgin were the only company to offer rolling over for the SIM only option in the first place

Which is what swayed a lot of customers to sign up with Virgin Mobile - This is being discussed on other forums and blogs and now some people are saying they are not going to bother and will stay where they are.

Virgin Mobile have well and truely shot themselves in the foot with this one. Customers leaving and potential customers snubbing Virgin Mobile.

And the cable SIM is only a 30 day contract, so if you feel that is no longer good value, you can switch whenever you like

Already in the process of switching as I type this.

Plus even without the roll over it is still a good deal. I can't find anything that is that cheap and gives you the same mins/texts

No without the rollover, it is a crap deal - Virgin Mobile have taken away something quite significant about the deal and it no longer holds the key benefit which made it a unique package from the other providers.

djmagnifique
30-03-2008, 23:12
I have just changed from o2 to virgin. On o2 I used to get 300 text and 300 dialup wap minutes a month for £10. any unused texts/minutes did not roll over to the next month.

losing the roll over of unused minutes/text on virgin is not a big deal. If you have minutes/texts rolling over from the previous month your not using your monthly allowance and seeing as they would only roll over for 1 month it depends on in which order the free stuf is used (roll over or monthly allowance first).

Yes you are paying for the minutes but if they are not used up in the 2 months you have to use them in you would have lost them anyway.

I don't see a problem with this change to the t&c's and i'm still happy with the offer they have although I do agree that sending people a text to advise of this change is not a good way to communicate with customers.

Mind you I haven't recived the text yet.

arcamalpha2004
30-03-2008, 23:16
Good thing our hospitals dont take a leaf from VM

" Dear mr Jones, you have been diagnosed with terminal cancer you have a week to live, you do not need to reply to this text message, you will also be informed by mail..... "

BenMcr
30-03-2008, 23:18
Oh yes, thats is completely the same isn't it now. Cancer is EXACTLY the same as rollover mins.

arcamalpha2004
30-03-2008, 23:32
I have just changed from o2 to virgin. On o2 I used to get 300 text and 300 dialup wap minutes a month for £10. any unused texts/minutes did not roll over to the next month.

losing the roll over of unused minutes/text on virgin is not a big deal. If you have minutes/texts rolling over from the previous month your not using your monthly allowance and seeing as they would only roll over for 1 month it depends on in which order the free stuf is used (roll over or monthly allowance first).

Yes you are paying for the minutes but if they are not used up in the 2 months you have to use them in you would have lost them anyway.

I don't see a problem with this change to the t&c's and i'm still happy with the offer they have although I do agree that sending people a text to advise of this change is not a good way to communicate with customers.

Mind you I haven't recived the text yet.

Virgin media used the roll over as part of the marketing ploy to sell a product, now they seem to have enough roped in they feel confident enough to withdraw part of the offer, and by of all means text message.

Your very logic is exactly the way the wigs at VM would have looked at it.

" Hell, do you realise a lot of customers do not use their rollover?"

" Yes, but its part of the 4 for fourty "

" Yes I know, but they do not use them "

" How are we going to inform them? "

" By Text, ofcourse "

---------- Post added at 23:32 ---------- Previous post was at 23:25 ----------

Oh yes, thats is completely the same isn't it now. Cancer is EXACTLY the same as rollover mins.

Ofcourse Ben, but as vm look at it, the hospital could say " well at some point the person has to read messages that are sent "

BenMcr
30-03-2008, 23:39
I don't think they have advertised it based on the minutes rolling over

This page http://web.archive.org/web/20070709063945/allyours.virginmedia.com/websales/product.do?id=11516 is how they had it on their website in July 2007. (may take a while to load)

No mention of roll over minutes there

Mick
31-03-2008, 00:20
I took the 300 min/txt deal way before July 2007, infact before ntl became Virgin Media and it was heavily promoted that the minutes/text rolled over. This is why I took the service.

tweetypie/8
31-03-2008, 00:47
I took the 300 min/txt deal way before July 2007, infact before ntl became Virgin Media and it was heavily promoted that the minutes/text rolled over. This is why I took the service.

give it a rest mick,your starting to drag the guts out of it i emailed vm yesterday and got a sensible reply from them also as other forum members have stated its still a good deal.

Mick
31-03-2008, 00:59
give it a rest mick,your starting to drag the guts out of it i emailed vm yesterday and got a sensible reply from them also as other forum members have stated its still a good deal.

Please do not tell me to give it a rest :mad: , this is a discussion forum and I am discussing this issue, if I am boring you - you do have the option of keeping out of this thread. Sorry I disagree about it being a good deal, now the rolled over minutes have vanished - I think its a totally crap deal.

BenMcr
31-03-2008, 02:00

http://web.archive.org/web/20061215002402/home.ntl.com/html/bundles/virginmobileoffer.html December 2006, ntl.com, no mention of the rolling minutes there either

Mick
31-03-2008, 02:02
I know what your trying to say Ben - But I personally took this deal because of the rollover minutes - Now they have taken it away - It's not as good as it was before.

BenMcr
31-03-2008, 02:14
For those customers who did rely on the rolling minutes, I agree it isn't as good as it was and maybe it isn't appropriate anymore.

But for others, it won't make a bit of difference, because either they never use 300/300 so it never mattered if they rolled over or not or they ALWAYS use 300/300 so they never rolled over in the first place

arcamalpha2004
31-03-2008, 04:48
For those customers who did rely on the rolling minutes, I agree it isn't as good as it was and maybe it isn't appropriate anymore.

But for others, it won't make a bit of difference, because either they never use 300/300 so it never mattered if they rolled over or not or they ALWAYS use 300/300 so they never rolled over in the first place

Good bit of PR there Ben, you're not max clifford moonlighting are you?;)

Its still a poor way for VM to treat customers though, with contempt I would say.

ahardie
31-03-2008, 20:02
Good thing our hospitals dont take a leaf from VM

" Dear mr Jones, you have been diagnosed with terminal cancer you have a week to live, you do not need to reply to this text message, you will also be informed by mail..... "

That is possibly the most over the top post I have read on this forum. Perhaps any forum.

Yozzer
31-03-2008, 21:17
I complained the same day and got a reply back a few days later. It was pretty standard just repeating the text.
To me, this contradicts what was said to me when I bought into the service.
I had vodaphone alter my contract when I was with them, and when I persisted, I was given a reduction in charges, so when I changed to 300 + 300, I specifically asked if the contract was alerable, and they assured me it was not, so to me this is not just badly done, but should not have happened.
All should complain!

djmagnifique
31-03-2008, 22:35
just remembered that when I signed up the way the site was layed out made it look like the 300/300 deal didn't roll over anyway but the 100/100 deal with new handset did rollover.

I say its still a good deal even without the rollover.

arcamalpha2004
31-03-2008, 23:43
That is possibly the most over the top post I have read on this forum. Perhaps any forum.

And you're entitled to your opinion.

Perhaps people who have been affected by the text fiasco feel vm have gone over the top in the manner they were informed.

lostandconfused
01-04-2008, 06:23
And you're entitled to your opinion.

Perhaps people who have been affected by the text fiasco feel vm have gone over the top in the manner they were informed.

Maybe the way they informed people is outrageous to you. But Cant you see that comparing a change in contract (which you can cancel if you chose) to cancer is excessive?

bikeman
01-04-2008, 10:01

By rolling over you get a 2nd month to use the 300mins that you've already paid for rather than losing them and handing VM £10 for nothing.

Also It allows a balance of up to 600mins to be built up which is reassuring when your usage peaks.

Surely you can see that?

---------- Post added at 09:39 ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 ----------

And I said it is not a small change. Its a significant change to me.-end of story.

"end of.." so why are you still going on?

You have successfully turned this thread into a slagging match about the method of delivery rather than the intended purpose to rally suppport to overturn VMs decision.

This is counter productive and as a forum moderator you should know better.

Perhaps you can start a new thread for your concern and enjoy yourself there?

Leave this thread for it's intended purpose.

---------- Post added at 10:01 ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 ----------

Just got off the phone for the second time to VM cust services. Tried for a reduction in monthly rate to £8 or a £25 one off payment. No deal.

VM's take it or leave it attitude has left me feeling that I want to cancel my broadband, landline and tv as well.

I am going to try VM retentions dept and insist that I am prepared to take my other services with me. I'll let you know how I get on.

tweetypie/8
01-04-2008, 10:31
By rolling over you get a 2nd month to use the 300mins that you've already paid for rather than losing them and handing VM £10 for nothing.

Also It allows a balance of up to 600mins to be built up which is reassuring when your usage peaks.

Surely you can see that?

You have successfully turned this thread into a slagging match about the method of delivery rather than the intended purpose to rally suppport to overturn VMs decision.

Just got off the phone for the second time to VM cust services. Tried for a reduction in monthly rate to £8 or a £25 one off payment. No deal.

VM's take it or leave it attitude has left me feeling that I want to cancel my broadband, landline and tv as well.

I am going to try VM retentions dept and insist that I am prepared to take my other services with me. I'll let you know how I get on.

well said.

Mick
01-04-2008, 10:32

Um - I have not had a slanging match with anyone - I have been discussing the topic.

Well it would be if I was having a slanging match with someone, but I fail to see where I have been shouting the odds at someone and name calling them which is what a slanging match usually consists of.

bikeman - you may be the topic starter but you do not define your own rules or dictate to others how they can or cannot discuss the topic.

If you look I have been discussing the loss of the rollover minutes quite a lot not just the method of delivery. I am just as naffed off about it as you are.

dilli-theclaw
01-04-2008, 10:51
I was thinking about this again this morning, still no text (Or letter) here.

snazzy
01-04-2008, 15:36

Surely you can see that?

That's like I said. "The whole thread has been changed from what was originally intended."

I also agree about the use of the roll over minutes as you describe.

d.chatten
02-04-2008, 02:28
I rang VM yesterday and asked the reason why we are loosing our rollover minutes, it turns out that the big wigs at VM realised that most people on the 300+300 were not using the full 300+300 min's/txt's so they decided to withdraw the rollover of min's/txt's.

Now, with the rollover minutes and texts that have been withdrawn from the 300+300 package they decided to creat a new package, this new package is called the Liberty sim, on the liberty sim packages there is a 300+300 min's/txt's offer for £15, so, it seems VM are selling our withdrawn rollover min's/txt's repackaged as the liberty 300+300 sim offer, this means VM are getting paid a twice for the min's/txt's at our expence.

I hope this makes sense.

logo
02-04-2008, 09:34
I rang VM yesterday and asked the reason why we are loosing our rollover minutes, it turns out that the big wigs at VM realised that most people on the 300+300 were not using the full 300+300 min's/txt's so they decided to withdraw the rollover of min's/txt's.

Now, with the rollover minutes and texts that have been withdrawn from the 300+300 package they decided to creat a new package, this new package is called the Liberty sim, on the liberty sim packages there is a 300+300 min's/txt's offer for £15, so, it seems VM are selling our withdrawn rollover min's/txt's repackaged as the liberty 300+300 sim offer, this means VM are getting paid a twice for the min's/txt's at our expence.

I hope this makes sense.

Not quite true, its just that Virgin has had a refresh of its SIM only offerings, in the past it was £20 for 300mins and 300texts, its just a refresh on this particular offering, SIM only.

From the start of May there will also be 5 new offers for Media customers, again these will be market leading, so keep a look out.

etccarmageddon
02-04-2008, 16:18
I really think they should have at least held back on announcing the end of the roll over until the start of May so people could compare with the new deals and switch if appropriate.

Tod
04-04-2008, 11:55
I like the way the new tariff they have used as a sweetener for the loss does not come in until June!

Mick
12-04-2008, 16:13
It's interesting to note that they have brought forward the lower but still uncompetitive and still very expensive WAP access tariffs to 28th April 2008, instead of the earlier announced date in June 2008, - The cheaper but still ridiculous expensive WAP access kicks in on the same day of the removal of the rollover minutes.

dilli-theclaw
12-04-2008, 16:14
HHHmmm and yet I still have had no text or letter about this.

TheDaddy
12-04-2008, 21:30
HHHmmm and yet I still have had no text or letter about this.

Me neither and mine rolled over the other day :cool:

arcamalpha2004
13-04-2008, 11:54
Maybe the way they informed people is outrageous to you. But Cant you see that comparing a change in contract (which you can cancel if you chose) to cancer is excessive?

And to advise people by text that they are losing part of their deal is acceptable?
The way they rope people in then decide to take away benefits, while charging the same money is wrong,nothing short of cowboy tactics.

lostandconfused
13-04-2008, 14:27
And to advise people by text that they are losing part of their deal is acceptable?
The way they rope people in then decide to take away benefits, while charging the same money is wrong,nothing short of cowboy tactics.

In my opinion a media company informing by text and following it up with a letter is acceptable. But that wasnt the point that i was making.

I was pointing out that there is a vast different between cancer and a mobile phone bill.

I wouldnt say they have roped people in, as there is no minimum contract so the customer can leave at any point if they no longer find the package competetive or can get it cheaper elsewhere.

Mick
13-04-2008, 15:02
This could go on forever - You might find texts acceptable, where they inform customers of a significant change to T+C or package details, lostandconfused - but I don't. I expect texts from family and friends, not a commercial company I pay my money to provide me a high standard of service, which until all this happened, was a company I was happy to pay my money to.

They told me they would be sending out a letter several weeks ago now - I still haven't got that letter, not that it will make any difference now.

Pushkar
13-04-2008, 17:07
I guess it's a lucky thing that i've just split up with my girlfriend then! :)

arcamalpha2004
14-04-2008, 04:40
In my opinion a media company informing by text and following it up with a letter is acceptable. But that wasnt the point that i was making.

I was pointing out that there is a vast different between cancer and a mobile phone bill.

I wouldnt say they have roped people in, as there is no minimum contract so the customer can leave at any point if they no longer find the package competetive or can get it cheaper elsewhere.

In a lot of opinions it is not ok to text a major change to a customers terms and conditions, with regard the cancer issue I was saying its a good thing our hospitals do not take a leaf from the vm way of doing things if you have an issue with that then thats upto you.

Ofcourse they have roped people in, the point is are vm going to reduce the monthly fee in light of the change they have made?
Ofcourse they wont.

Sirius
14-04-2008, 06:44

At this point in time i have NOT received a letter, Or are Virgin exempt from the normal procedures that all other company's seem to able to commit too. But hey they think they are going to get away with spying on there customers web browsing as well.

Drew02
28-04-2008, 14:21
Somewhat surprised when my bundle came through today. Text message received from Virgin a few weeks ago said that from 28/4/08 remaining minutes and texts would not rollover. My bundle automatically renewed this morning. My remaining texts and minutes rolled over. Currently have 380 texts and 595 minutes. Maybe it starts tomorrow

nicko
30-04-2008, 18:38
Mine rolled over yesterday 29th April,but it didnt renew but i have retained existing minutes and texts currently 543 minutes 598 texts.

WHISTLED
30-04-2008, 19:17
On a brighter note as VM employees we get an amazing deal through staff deal!

Everything half price actually..!

bikeman
02-05-2008, 11:41
Regardless of the spin VM are putting on it, it seems obviously to me that they stand to make more money by not rolling over unused minutes; main reason being there is no buffer before you get charged at standard rates.

As cheapskates like me will always try to use every last minute of that 300 so as not to lose them, there is a real danger of having to pay for a few mins over at the std rate - and VM knows this means more cash for them (why else would all teh mobile ops be against rollovers?).

Anyway, my rollover is date is tomorrow and rather than handback my unused 240 minutes I have left my phone with an open call to my wife's Orange mobile.

And I'll be making sure I never go over the 300mins - £10 pm is all VM are ever going to get from me.

ps I got the text (4 april) and an email (12 april) but I never got that letter, and nothing was mentioned on my bill (8 april)!

---------- Post added at 11:41 ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 ----------

Mine rolled over yesterday 29th April,but it didnt renew but i have retained existing minutes and texts currently 543 minutes 598 texts.

Ha ha ha - have VM fkd up? are rollovers still happening past the 28th?

coyle04
02-05-2008, 15:04
Im on the Pay as you go version of the Media tariff so I only top up £10 a month and when my minutes and texts are finished, they're finished!
Good way to save some cash!

bo-peep
02-05-2008, 19:47
i got my allowance this morning and there was no rollover

bikeman
03-05-2008, 16:52
Wasted all but 6 of my unused 240 minutes this month - ha ha virgin.

Rollover date arrived today and guess what......

Minutes reset to 300 BUT....

Texts rolled over!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Still got 598 texts remaining

Shame I don't text.

BBDL
03-05-2008, 23:09
Got my renewall today, both minutes and texts were rolled over.
Typical virgin media ............... tell you one thing and do another.:D

bikeman
04-05-2008, 09:40
Looks like it's the luck of the draw:
Some get no rollover
I got rollover of texts only
and lucky BBDL gets both texts and mins rolled over

TheDaddy
05-05-2008, 19:17
Wasted all but 6 of my unused 240 minutes this month - ha ha virgin.

Rollover date arrived today and guess what......

Minutes reset to 300 BUT....

Texts rolled over!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Still got 598 texts remaining

Shame I don't text.

Same thing happened to, 506 texts remaining, lost 21 minutes or so though

awesometeeth
23-05-2008, 14:04
just got this email! the teats

We’re dropping you a line to let you know that soon it’ll be 60% cheaper to surf the net on your Virgin Mobile phone. You might remember that we wrote to you recently to let you know about this, and a few other changes, too. The new rate comes into effect from 23rd June, instead of 28th April, as we mentioned in our original message.

We noticed that you’ve been surfing the net on your phone since 28th April, using what you might have thought was the new rate, so we’d like to refund the difference for you shortly. Once we have, we’ll send you a text message to let you know.

Drew02
28-05-2008, 19:22
I posted last month when my bundle was renewed. Both my remaining texts and minutes rolled over.

My bundle was renewed this morning my texts didn't rollover but my minutes did.

So who knows what is happening!

djmagnifique
28-05-2008, 20:06
i was renewed yesterday, texts rolled over but minutes didnt.

bikeman
07-06-2008, 16:55
renewed for 2nd time this week - minutes reset but texts stayed the same ie gradually going down, not rolling over, now 589 remaining