PDA

View Full Version : Online Poker

wwe
27-03-2008, 14:50
hi ppl im playing online poker online with my m8 its not for realy money but i don't have a clue what to do could anyone help me out please thank u

Mr_love_monkey
27-03-2008, 14:53
It's usually Professor Plum, with the Candle stick, in the library.

SMHarman
27-03-2008, 14:54
You got to know when to hold em, know when to fold em,
Know when to walk away and know when to run.
You never count your money when youre sittin at the table.
Therell be time enough for countin when the dealins done.

Learn what the winning hand combinations are, realise that a Royal Flush and 4 of a kind are really rare, a full house less so but still pretty rare, two good pairs is a good hand and off you go.

gazzae
27-03-2008, 15:05
Play for real money! The only way to play poker, people will call anything with play money.

If you think you have the best hand pre flop then bet big don't let people see the flop cheaply in the hope of getting lucky.

Try check raising if you have a good hand.

For online play check the speed of the calls / checks if they happen straight away then it might give you a few tells as he will have made his selection before knowing what the other players moves are.

SOSAGES
27-03-2008, 15:08
read the rules :)

Halcyon
27-03-2008, 15:14
http://www.pokernews.com/poker-rules/

http://www.soyouwanna.com/site/syws/poker/poker.html

Mr_love_monkey
27-03-2008, 15:16
are you playing classic poker, or 'Frango' ?

Frango is where you each have 4 and a half cards, except on Tuesdays when anyone who has a 'G' in their name gets an extra card and a currant bun - which in 'Frango' is rhyming slang for '2 extra chips'.

bopdude
27-03-2008, 16:03
Not something that we can help you with in one thread really, as said, get an understanding of the hands, a lot of poker is bluff / feeling / intuition and danglies as big as boulders, oh and of course, a poker face, which isn't a problem online :D

Time and lots of playing is the best bet IMHO