PDA

View Full Version : URGENT - Possible Scam "PTI Europe Region" on bank statement

LSainsbury
26-03-2008, 08:25
* Urgent * - Possible Scam Warning...

The GF has just checked her online banking and found a transaction for "PTI Europe Region GBP" on there.

Checked the web to find out who they were and it's possibly a fraudulent transaction.

Check this thread (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=22517602)on Digital Spy - currently all the entries are for today as well! :erm: :shocked:

Check your statements!

Druchii
26-03-2008, 10:32
Profit-Taking Index

Maybe that's what PTI stands for? :p:

As for this scam, doesn't really look like one to me.

SOSAGES
26-03-2008, 10:46
perhaps she stayed at a Premier Travel Inn

Delta Whiskey
26-03-2008, 12:48
It's Amazon.co.uk: CARD PMNT 21MAR PTI EUROPE REG

LSainsbury
26-03-2008, 13:05
It's Amazon.co.uk: CARD PMNT 21MAR PTI EUROPE REG

Not on her account it isn't - she's not purchased anything from Amazon on that account!

---------- Post added at 13:04 ---------- Previous post was at 13:03 ----------

perhaps she stayed at a Premier Travel Inn

Nope!

---------- Post added at 13:05 ---------- Previous post was at 13:04 ----------

As for this scam, doesn't really look like one to me.

No - it does look like a balls up on multiple transactions being falsely reported though...

kram63
26-03-2008, 17:39
it could be weight watchers, pti collect money for about 50 other compamies also so don't worry ;):)

LSainsbury
26-03-2008, 17:44
it could be weight watchers, pti collect money for about 50 other compamies also so don't worry ;):)

Too late - her card was cancelled at 9:30am this morning as Lloyds were unable to tell her who made the transaction.

We take no chances when it comes to possible fraud.

Mal
26-03-2008, 17:47
It appears on two transactions from Amazon.co.uk for me and they are correct.

Someone in the thread from Digitalspy said that they have contacted Amazon about it and they have confirmed that it is them :shrug:

LSainsbury
26-03-2008, 18:48
It appears on two transactions from Amazon.co.uk for me and they are correct.

Someone in the thread from Digitalspy said that they have contacted Amazon about it and they have confirmed that it is them :shrug:

I know mate - but it could also be linked to other companies as well - but we didn't know that at 9.30am!

ej0610
27-03-2008, 11:07
I Also Had This, ""PTI Europe Region 781-890-8434 £2.70"" on my Bank Statement This Month.. When I Traced It, It Actually Belongs to a Range of Companies including Boots Ltd, Amazon.com and My fave VistaPrint.com .... Its not fraudulent whatsoever, as i often thought...
Please Search for The Reference On your bank Statement Through Amazon.com and it will basically tell you where the payment has gone and what it was for...
Thanks For Listening :angel:

LSainsbury
27-03-2008, 11:23
I Also Had This, ""PTI Europe Region 781-890-8434 £2.70"" on my Bank Statement This Month.. When I Traced It, It Actually Belongs to a Range of Companies including Boots Ltd, Amazon.com and My fave VistaPrint.com .... Its not fraudulent whatsoever, as i often thought...
Please Search for The Reference On your bank Statement Through Amazon.com and it will basically tell you where the payment has gone and what it was for...
Thanks For Listening :angel:

There was no reference number - that was the point! All it said was "PTI Europe Region GBP" - and the price of the transaction.

BTW - Welcome to CF!

darthvader84
28-03-2008, 12:42
Hi guys there is one company that are responable for all of these, mostly taking 9.95 or 2.70: vistaprint amozon clubprem.com google word yahoo. It is not a real scam however they are not allowed to do it in the way that they have. for a full refund of all money taken from your account phone this number and ask for a refund they are very happy to give it to you and there is no fuss at all.. 0845 200 1100

:);)

LSainsbury
28-03-2008, 18:08
Hi guys there is one company that are responable for all of these, mostly taking 9.95 or 2.70: vistaprint amozon clubprem.com google word yahoo. It is not a real scam however they are not allowed to do it in the way that they have. for a full refund of all money taken from your account phone this number and ask for a refund they are very happy to give it to you and there is no fuss at all.. 0845 200 1100

And this telephone number belongs to whom exactly?

"Hello - I'd like like a refund please..."

"Sure, what's your card number and bank details and we'll arrange it right away..."

Unbelievable... :rolleyes:

MovedGoalPosts
28-03-2008, 18:20

Perhaps you can enlighten us as to who this phone number is for. As ever, if you don't know who you are dealing with, don't give out personal information.

Slyone
29-03-2008, 10:00
I recently ordered a Blueray DVD from amazon costing £17.98 and today on my latest online statement I have been CREDITED that same £17.98 from a company called PTI EUROPE REGION GBP REVERSAL. The DVD arrived two days ago and the amount hasn't been taken but added to my account. If it's a scam I like it!

---------- Post added at 10:00 ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 ----------

Just found this so I guess I'll be charged by Amazon later sometime, but if they do I'll still have a free DVD as I have not been charged by PTI but only credited.

"I can confirm that PTI Europe has been used accidentally as the merchant descriptor (which appears on the cardholder statement) for a few days worth of transactions for all of Chase Paymentech's merchants. Chase Paymentech are in the process of reversing the PTI Europe transactions, and re-processing the transactions using the correct merchant descriptor. This is not fraud, no need to cancel cards or issue chargebacks. You will soon see your Amazon, Google, AOL etc transactions."

Wicked_and_Crazy
29-03-2008, 10:10
If you tracked what you spent by keeping the receipts and checking them against the bill you would know if its a dodgy transaction of not.

Stellavision
29-03-2008, 13:29
I purchased over £500 worth of stuff from Amazon yesterday but have been creditied £400 by PTI Europe. I can live with this scam too. :D
It is a little worrying though. I'm sat wondering what is going to happen next, but I don't want to call my bank and complain that someone has put extra cash in my account!

Jon T
29-03-2008, 13:36
If you tracked what you spent by keeping the receipts and checking them against the bill you would know if its a dodgy transaction of not.

and how does that work when you buy stuff online? Most websites will give you the option to print out the order, but not all.

joglynne
29-03-2008, 14:53
and how does that work when you buy stuff online? Most websites will give you the option to print out the order, but not all.

Where there's no option to take a copy of the order I just I just do a simple copy/paste into Word and save it with my other banking docs. Other that that ,if I'm being really paranoid about a purchase, I save a screen print.

LSainsbury
29-03-2008, 15:02
Where there's no option to take a copy of the order I just I just do a simple copy/paste into Word and save it with my other banking docs. Other that that ,if I'm being really paranoid about a purchase, I save a screen print.

I just print it to a PDF or XPS document and save it like that!

joglynne
29-03-2008, 15:13
I just print it to a PDF or XPS document and save it like that!

I would probably do that, well maybe, if I knew how or understood techy talk. :D

johnnyposs
29-03-2008, 15:34
I have had £50 debited then credited on the 22nd of this month???

webcrawler2050
29-03-2008, 17:44
Amazon and other companies may have just outsourced there payment gateways and payment stuff - Maybe this helps#

http://www.ptieurope.com/about/index.html

&

http://www.ptieurope.com/products/soft/index.html <--- Seems to be the one of interest

Why are people so quick to jump to conclusions - maybe if you rang them FIRST you would know exactly what they do - Or try Ringing Amazon - It's really not that hard to be honest!

Delta Whiskey
29-03-2008, 18:29
I would probably do that, well maybe, if I knew how or understood techy talk. :D

I installed CutePDF as a printer driver and use it to 'print' website receipts.

http://www.cutepdf.com/
http://www.cutepdf.com/Products/CutePDF/writer.asp

brown2201
29-03-2008, 19:49
the thing is I didn't spent or buy anything of that amount.

joglynne
29-03-2008, 22:23
I installed CutePDF as a printer driver and use it to 'print' website receipts.

http://www.cutepdf.com/
http://www.cutepdf.com/Products/CutePDF/writer.asp

Thanks for the link DW. I'll have a go and see how I get on. :)

AntiSilence
29-03-2008, 23:41
and My fave VistaPrint.com .... I

Hmmm... We use VistaPrint for our business materials. I'll have a look at our business account statement and see if it's there.

---------- Post added at 23:41 ---------- Previous post was at 23:41 ----------

Thanks for the link DW. I'll have a go and see how I get on. :)

I use CutePDF as well. Recommended.

Delta Whiskey
30-03-2008, 09:31
Checked my statement just now, the payments were refunded by PTI yesterday and taken by Amazon.co.uk this morning. Hopefully that's the end of the matter.

LSainsbury
30-03-2008, 11:00
Why are people so quick to jump to conclusions - maybe if you rang them FIRST you would know exactly what they do - Or try Ringing Amazon - It's really not that hard to be honest!

Seeing as this is your first reply mate, you've no doubt had chance to check it out...

When I first posted the link there were only a handful of hits from Google - now there's quite a few more.

And it you had read the thread you will find it it's not only Amazon - it's a number of companies that have been affected - my partners transaction wasn't an Amazon transaction.

I said to her about 15 mins after we found the problem (and after she had already spoken to Lloyds) that it was probably payments made with an incorrect reference, so my hunch was correct although at the time we had very little evidence.

:rolleyes:

Stellavision
30-03-2008, 12:06
My £400 credit from PTI Europe has now been debited by Amazon.

Slyone
30-03-2008, 14:08
Amazon and other companies may have just outsourced there payment gateways and payment stuff - Maybe this helps#

http://www.ptieurope.com/about/index.html

&

http://www.ptieurope.com/products/soft/index.html <--- Seems to be the one of interest

and you shouldn't post on a forum telling people complete lies, PTI Europe is nothing to do with Amamzon or any other company (AOL, Google etc). It's just that, that is the company that was involved in the mix up with the payment system. Also I wouldn't hold much faith in a site that hasn't been updated in over 3 years.

webcrawler2050
30-03-2008, 20:20
and you shouldn't post on a forum telling people complete lies, PTI Europe is nothing to do with Amamzon or any other company (AOL, Google etc). It's just that, that is the company that was involved in the mix up with the payment system. Also I wouldn't hold much faith in a site that hasn't been updated in over 3 years.

Lies - what the heckers are you on about

I did say *MAY* - I did see the other people have the issues - The advice was simply - why dont you ring these people first - instead of going through the hassle of cancelling the card etc?

I never said PTI Europe was anything to do with Amazon - I said they may have outsourced their payment systems! MAY

Slyone
30-03-2008, 21:18
And you MAY be a complete a*se!

webcrawler2050
30-03-2008, 21:31
Yea the fealing is mutual - But one sharn't stoop to petty name calling.