PDA

View Full Version : Netgear Wireless Router WGR614 v6

gjamieson
25-03-2008, 20:36
I was wondering if anyone could offer some advice.

Both my neighbour and I are Virgin Media broadband customers (prev Blueyonder) we both have Netgear wireless routers.

Last week both the routers stopped working, on the same day at the same time. After several calls to technical support it was established that the routers are not working. My neighbour phones Virgin who agreed to send an engineer out with a new wireless router (also Netgear) this new router also does not work.

We have both tried connecting on several PC's.
We can connect to other wireless networks in the same street. (they also have Virgin but not Netgear routers)

My question... where do we go from now, Virgin don't seem to be interested and I can't believe the engineer actually called around to fix the problem but then left the problem unresolved.

I could understand if the routers are broken, but we've tried the new one and that is the same.

It seems too much of a coincidence that both routers decide to break on the same day at the same time. Are there any known problems between Netgear and Virgin?

Help!!!

Valerie
25-03-2008, 22:24
I have the same wireless router - no problems.
Can you connect to the internet direct thorugh the modem without going through the router?
btw I don't understand why vm came to repair a router - is it provided by them?

Hope someone with more techie knowledge comes by soon :)

whydoIneedatech
25-03-2008, 22:33
The best thing you can do is a clean re install of both routers, do a pin hole reset of the routers use a pen tip in the small hole by the power inlet, remove software via add/remove programs and then reinstall software only connecting hardware when told to.

Try this link for further help.

http://www.virginmedia.com/digital/homenetworking/