PDA

View Full Version : 3 Customers: Mobile Text Scam

Zee
22-03-2008, 23:13
There are currently messages being sent to "3" customers which appear to be coming from "3" saying that the message is free to reply and if you do not respond with the text "Live" your services will be suspended.

These messages are NOT coming from "3".

"3" advises customers to text STOP to the number they are requesting you reply to, this number is usually 81456. If you continue to receive text messages after texting STOP you can call the company who is sending out these messages and request them to stop sending these messages to your phone. This number is: 0871 871 9625.

Unfortunately that phone number needs to be dialed from the handset that the messages are being sent to and not from a landline or another handset.

Even after calling that number and requesting they stop sending these messages, call 333 from your 3 mobile (which is a free call) explain to them what has been happening and explain to them the steps which you have took to get this company to stop sending these messages, they will investigate this further.

It is important you do all these steps if you are receiving this message because for every text message they send you, they charge you £3.50, and to reply to them you get charged 10p.

Another thing you can do is after you stop receiving these messages, call 0845 070 0707 (from any telephone) and register your mobile number with them, this will mean it'll be illegal for any marketing company, or simular to send you these messages.

I've been charged £10.50 so far for the three messages they have sent me...

Tech_Boy
23-03-2008, 00:57
I have had 2 of these texts this evening, I didn't bother replying, I just checked my account, and it says I have not spent any extra this month, so either the charges have not been applied, or I have been lucky.
Either way, my no is registered with the TPS.

jellybaby
23-03-2008, 10:11
That number suggests this site is behind it all :)

http://text4supercars.com/

Personally I wouldn't reply at all. If you have been charged for recieving the msg you need to take that up ith 3 and go from there.

---------- Post added at 10:11 ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 ----------

Some good stuff here :)

http://www.grumbletext.co.uk/page.php?pn=gtsossmsstop