PDA

View Full Version : P2P Limewire connection problems

Grewer9
21-03-2008, 17:44
I have used Limewire for quite some time now, but recently I can't seem to be able to connect. I have re installed but same problem.
I read somewhere about ISP's clamping down on fileshare site usage...is it possible that it is my VM account that is stopping the connection or is more likely something else ?

Any help / advice ?

Cobbydaler
21-03-2008, 18:08
Frostwire (basically a fork of Limewire) is working perfectly (under Linux) for me.

Don't think it's a VM thing, firewall settings changed at all?

bbwannabe
21-03-2008, 19:44
I'm having issues with torrent and emule. Prior to traffic shaping it's about 75% successful at connecting and staying connected, but when it hits, it's pretty much useless having them running at all. Still can't figure out why, and there doesn't seem to be any indication that there is server work in progress.

xspeedyx
21-03-2008, 19:50
utorrent working fine over here hit 1.5Mb/s on one torrent earlier

bbwannabe
21-03-2008, 21:31
utorrent working fine over here hit 1.5Mb/s on one torrent earlier

Out of curiousity do you use utorrent in short amounts or all day everyday?.

CrazyMonk
22-03-2008, 23:57
I had a few limewire and general P2P problems, unplugging both my router and modem for a minute and reconnected it all back (restarted pc's too)

That fixed the problem =]

deed02392
24-03-2008, 12:03
Haha, P2P lamers!

Now to actually give a helpful answer:

Running P2P software will cause the NVRAM in your router to fill up with UPnP port forwards, and multiple half closed connections will flood your router, making everything run to a crawl. You'll need to reboot your router fairly often when P2P'ing.

Me on the other hand, prefers warez. HTTP downloading means that my router hasn't been off for 60 days, and I still get full 20Mbps downloads...

bbwannabe
24-03-2008, 13:53
I've not had a router issue when p2ping for a long time, and it's only just recent that i've had problems. And it seems like now, when I can't connect, temporarily resetting modem gives it a short fix (note i've not resetted the router. I did do initially but now it's more of a modem issue than a router one).

grubbymitts
24-03-2008, 21:05
Me on the other hand, prefers warez. HTTP downloading means that my router hasn't been off for 60 days, and I still get full 20Mbps downloads...

Where do I start with what's wrong with this statement? Oh yes, HTTP downloading. Hahahahahaha. Oh dear lord, I'd better sit down.

P2P does suck, but HTTP sucks even more. When you finally discover proper downloading, please come back and call people lamers then.

TraxData
24-03-2008, 21:16
Haha, P2P lamers!

Now to actually give a helpful answer:

Running P2P software will cause the NVRAM in your router to fill up with UPnP port forwards, and multiple half closed connections will flood your router, making everything run to a crawl. You'll need to reboot your router fairly often when P2P'ing.

Ah warez http sites....feel like i've just been put back in the mid 90s :)

They was dodgy back then..god knows how bad they are now...and http...slow :)

deed02392
24-03-2008, 21:16
HTTP sucks even more than P2P? Sure, now you mention it, I much prefer waiting around while multiple connections are made to strangers across the globe, then wait several hours for the content to download. It's much better than downloading at full 2.6MB/s rates, from a central repository where countless comments regard the quality of the content.

You had better sit down, and while you're at it, turn off your computer and go to bed.

TraxData
24-03-2008, 21:18
HTTP sucks even more than P2P? Sure, now you mention it, I much prefer waiting around while multiple connections are made to strangers across the globe, then wait several hours for the content to download. It's much better than downloading at full 2.6MB/s rates, from a central repository where countless comments regard the quality of the content.

You had better sit down, and while you're at it, turn off your computer and go to bed.

You obviously have no idea what your talking about, im quite happily downloading at just over 4MB/s now from a torrent, i always max my connection out thankyou, perhaps you should stop trying crappy trackers and find some good ones ;)

deed02392
24-03-2008, 21:36
I know plenty of good trackers, but why bother when I get my stuff far faster via HTTP and FTP.

TraxData
24-03-2008, 21:39
If you say so bud, unless you have access to toplist sites and root http boxes i highly doubt you can get full whack out of http, but each to their own :)

deed02392
24-03-2008, 21:45
;)

TraxData
24-03-2008, 22:03
;)

These torrents are just soooo slow ;)

deed02392
24-03-2008, 22:28
Watch out, here comes HTTP up at the rear:

Download Failed (1)

TraxData
24-03-2008, 22:37
Watch out, here comes HTTP up at the rear:

http://www.georgehafiz.co.uk/scrndump.png

At least download something in higher quality ;)

deed02392
24-03-2008, 22:39
Haha :D I'm just getting into 24, I can't believe how far behind I am!

Efour
25-03-2008, 11:00
hope you all go to prison

tjay2
26-03-2008, 12:10
Limewire is a terrible terrible program!

Its full of spyware ads etc.

A lot of the files returned from searches are corrupt or adverts. If you must use torrents (newsgroups are most definatley the best way to download!)
try something like shareaza or utorrent

I stopped using limewire about 2 years ago i really would change! Maybe look into newsgroup binary downloading you do have to pay (its very very minimal) but speeds are full download speed and plenty of hd quality stuff out there

I download at 20mb all the time! well until traffic shaping kicks in i guess!

xspeedyx
26-03-2008, 18:35
Out of curiousity do you use utorrent in short amounts or all day everyday?.

Every now and then

deed02392
26-03-2008, 21:19
Limewire is a terrible terrible program!

Its full of spyware ads etc.

A lot of the files returned from searches are corrupt or adverts. If you must use torrents (newsgroups are most definatley the best way to download!)
try something like shareaza or utorrent

I stopped using limewire about 2 years ago i really would change! Maybe look into newsgroup binary downloading you do have to pay (its very very minimal) but speeds are full download speed and plenty of hd quality stuff out there

I download at 20mb all the time! well until traffic shaping kicks in i guess!

Now if that's not the best way to download, I don't know what is.