PDA

View Full Version : 10 Mb Broadband?

longjohn74
17-03-2008, 20:44
When are Manchester going to get the promised 10 MB, When I first joined cable it was owned by Cable & Wireless then NTL and the first Broadband on cable was in Manchester. Could it be now that Richard Branson is the owner does it mean things start down south and leave the North West until the last?

Sirius
17-03-2008, 20:48
When are Manchester going to get the promised 10 MB, When I first joined cable it was owned by Cable & Wireless then NTL and the first Broadband on cable was in Manchester. Could ot be now that Richard Branson is the owner does it mean things start down south and leave the North West until the last?

Virgin i hope will not implement this upgrade until they are ready. You only have to look at the mess they made of the 20 meg upgrade to see that we ALL need this one to be done when and only when they have upgraded Manchester so its ready. If they don't then we ALL suffer because of it.

DC_FC79
18-03-2008, 12:00
There is a page on virginmedia.com which lists when each are will be getting the upgrade

bmxbandit
18-03-2008, 12:06
http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/existingcustomers/faster/schedule.html

Still says TBC for Manchester area

tweetypie/8
18-03-2008, 14:09
http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/existingcustomers/faster/schedule.html

Still says TBC for Manchester area

thanks for the link hopefully were due in april,fingers crossed.;)

longjohn74
18-03-2008, 14:54
I Thank you all for your replies I supose I am to impatient Cheers All.

Taf
18-03-2008, 16:02
The rollout seems awfully slow for someone itching for faster downloads... but at least it's free.... and I'd rather they took their time and got it right than screw the system by rushing it...

cimt
18-03-2008, 17:16
Atleast they're not rushing it. They might be checking to see if speeds are going OK once upgraded.

jcuk
18-03-2008, 17:21
it is, good that they are doing it slow, at its more controlled, so im guessing whenever one area's done it gets monitored to see how it affects other areas of the upgrade and how it affects existing customers.